After Update IE will not open

Peter

After Update IE will not open
I have Internet Explorer 6 and Windows XP and have found that after the
latest Windows Updates for XP IE will not stay open. As soon as I open it to
go online a problem closes it and a report is created. Luckily I can get
online with AOL but cannot use some sites with this.

Is there a fix for this please.
Jon H

RE: After Update IE will not open
Hi Peter I also have this problem and have seen other posts with the same
issue, hope a fix becomes apparent soon.
Jon

"Peter" wrote:

> I have Internet Explorer 6 and Windows XP and have found that after the
> latest Windows Updates for XP IE will not stay open. As soon as I open it to
> go online a problem closes it and a report is created. Luckily I can get
> online with AOL but cannot use some sites with this.
>
> Is there a fix for this please.

Ottmar Freudenberger

"Peter" <Peter@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb:

>I have Internet Explorer 6 and Windows XP and have found that after the
> latest Windows Updates for XP IE will not stay open. As soon as I open it to
> go online a problem closes it and a report is created.

See
http://groups.google.com/groups?thre...GP04.phx.g bl
for a quick "fix" to the urlmon.dll crashes in IE6 on Windows XP SP2
after KB942615 has been applied.

Bye,
Freudi
CarolineX

Re: After Update IE will not open
Hi, thanks for your responses. The link that you sent me was relating more
to problems with webpages within IE, whereas my error is related specifically
to an update to Windows XP which keeps failing - KB934238.
I downloaded and tried the MS Baseline Security Analyzer which found 2
missing updates, so as prompted I downloaded one update which worked, but it
sticks at the 2nd missing update - the MSML Parser 6.0 (I tried removing it,
repairing it and installing it). After each attempt (& restarting PC each
time) I still get the failed update KB934238 notification when Windows
automatically tries to update..... I have also just downloaded and installed
the hotfix which I found after further research on this problem, but I still
get the KB934238 failure. Any further ideas anyone. Thanks.

"Ottmar Freudenberger" wrote:

> "Peter" <Peter@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb:
>
> >I have Internet Explorer 6 and Windows XP and have found that after the
> > latest Windows Updates for XP IE will not stay open. As soon as I open it to
> > go online a problem closes it and a report is created.

> See
> http://groups.google.com/groups?thre...GP04.phx.g bl
> for a quick "fix" to the urlmon.dll crashes in IE6 on Windows XP SP2
> after KB942615 has been applied.
>
> Bye,
> Freudi

Ottmar Freudenberger

"CarolineX" <CarolineX@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb:

> Hi, thanks for your responses. The link that you sent me was relating more
> to problems with webpages within IE, whereas my error is related specifically
> to an update to Windows XP which keeps failing - KB934238.

Are you Peter? If not, you've another problem not related to this very
thread. Start a new own one please.

Bye,
Freudi