Installing Security Update for Microsof.NET Framework, Version 2.0

Eyesofmoon

Installing Security Update for Microsof.NET Framework, Version 2.0
This update just repeatedly initializes ~ installs ~ reports Installation
done! My history says it's installed like 10 times!!! YET ~ the little Yellow
Icon ! comes back and says automatic updates are ready to be installed...
What do you advise? How can I step out of this circle? ) and thank you in
advance...
PA Bear

Re: Installing Security Update for Microsof.NET Framework, Version 2.0
See http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923100 (ignore the title)
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L.ORG http://66.39.69.143/

Eyesofmoon wrote:
> This update just repeatedly initializes ~ installs ~ reports Installation
> done! My history says it's installed like 10 times!!! YET ~ the little
> Yellow Icon ! comes back and says automatic updates are ready to be
> installed... What do you advise? How can I step out of this circle? )
> and thank you in advance...

Eyesofmoon

Re: Installing Security Update for Microsof.NET Framework, Version
Thanks for your input but I didn't receive any error codes.. What I finally
did to resolve this problem is when the little yellow icon kept popping up to
prompt me to download the same update again, I selected custom or advanced
option below the automatic one and then clicked Don't Show Me This Message
Again )) That Worked!!!

"PA Bear" wrote:

> See http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923100 (ignore the title)
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
> DTS-L.ORG http://66.39.69.143/
>
> Eyesofmoon wrote:
> > This update just repeatedly initializes ~ installs ~ reports Installation
> > done! My history says it's installed like 10 times!!! YET ~ the little
> > Yellow Icon ! comes back and says automatic updates are ready to be
> > installed... What do you advise? How can I step out of this circle? )
> > and thank you in advance...

PA Bear

Re: Installing Security Update for Microsof.NET Framework, Version
So you'd rather run a vulnerable version of .NET Framework than try to
resolve your installation problem? Good luck with that.

Eyesofmoon wrote:
> Thanks for your input but I didn't receive any error codes.. What I
> finally
> did to resolve this problem is when the little yellow icon kept popping up
> to prompt me to download the same update again, I selected custom or
> advanced option below the automatic one and then clicked Don't Show Me
> This
> Message Again )) That Worked!!!
>
> "PA Bear" wrote:
>
>> See http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923100 (ignore the title)
>> --
>> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
>> DTS-L.ORG http://66.39.69.143/
>>
>> Eyesofmoon wrote:
>>> This update just repeatedly initializes ~ installs ~ reports
>>> Installation
>>> done! My history says it's installed like 10 times!!! YET ~ the little
>>> Yellow Icon ! comes back and says automatic updates are ready to be
>>> installed... What do you advise? How can I step out of this circle? )
>>> and thank you in advance...

Eyesofmoon

Re: Installing Security Update for Microsof.NET Framework, Version
Noooooooooooo I don't want to run a vulnerable version!!! So what do you
advise I do ~ d/l that cleanup tool and begin again.. Be kind dear I'm an old
woman who forgets and doesn't know how important your advice might be.. I
really thought that was a good idea what I did!! I'm not trying to minimize
in the least what you're telling me to do.. I want to do the right thing and
for everyone else reading these posts. Alot of this stuff is very confusing
to the average non-geek you know!!! So ahem if I may ask again... Shall I
just run the cleanup tool and install again??? Because I really thought that
because I didn't get the error code ~ the link you posted did NOT apply to my
situaion... Please advise, be tolerent, be patient, be kind and wise!!!

"PA Bear" wrote:

> So you'd rather run a vulnerable version of .NET Framework than try to
> resolve your installation problem? Good luck with that.
>
> Eyesofmoon wrote:
> > Thanks for your input but I didn't receive any error codes.. What I
> > finally
> > did to resolve this problem is when the little yellow icon kept popping up
> > to prompt me to download the same update again, I selected custom or
> > advanced option below the automatic one and then clicked Don't Show Me
> > This
> > Message Again )) That Worked!!!
> >
> > "PA Bear" wrote:
> >
> >> See http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923100 (ignore the title)
> >> --
> >> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> >> MS MVP-Windows (IE, OE, Security, Shell/User)
> >> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
> >> DTS-L.ORG http://66.39.69.143/

PA Bear

Re: Installing Security Update for Microsof.NET Framework, Version
If the Resolution steps in KB923100 are too daunting for you (and it's
certainly not everyone's cup of tea)...

Support for Windows Update:

Customers in the U.S. and Canada can receive technical support from
Microsoft Product Support Services at 1-866-PCSAFETY. There is no-charge for
support calls that are associated with security updates. When you call,
clearly state that your problem is related to a Security Update and cite the
update's KB number (e.g., KB931678).

In other countries, see
http://support.microsoft.com/default...r=securityhome > "No-Charge
Support...for virus and other security-related" issues in right-hand menu
for localized contact information.

For more information about how to contact Microsoft for support issues,
visit the International Support Web site:
https://support.microsoft.com/common/international.aspx

Eyesofmoon wrote:
> Noooooooooooo I don't want to run a vulnerable version!!! So what do you
> advise I do ~ d/l that cleanup tool and begin again.. Be kind dear I'm an
> old woman who forgets and doesn't know how important your advice might
> be..
> I really thought that was a good idea what I did!! I'm not trying to
> minimize in the least what you're telling me to do.. I want to do the
> right
> thing and for everyone else reading these posts. Alot of this stuff is
> very confusing to the average non-geek you know!!! So ahem if I may ask
> again... Shall I just run the cleanup tool and install again??? Because I
> really thought that because I didn't get the error code ~ the link you
> posted did NOT apply to my situaion... Please advise, be tolerent, be
> patient, be kind and wise!!!
>
> "PA Bear" wrote:
>
>> So you'd rather run a vulnerable version of .NET Framework than try to
>> resolve your installation problem? Good luck with that.
>>
>> Eyesofmoon wrote:
>>> Thanks for your input but I didn't receive any error codes.. What I
>>> finally
>>> did to resolve this problem is when the little yellow icon kept popping
>>> up
>>> to prompt me to download the same update again, I selected custom or
>>> advanced option below the automatic one and then clicked Don't Show Me
>>> This
>>> Message Again )) That Worked!!!

Eyesofmoon

Re: Installing Security Update for Microsof.NET Framework, Version
Beautiful Beautiful Beautiful!!! It is too damn daunting ~ it's a pain in
the assets and they should get it together and quit making us perform like
monkeys out here!! lol Oh, and thank you very much and very kindly for your
persistence, advice and answering OUR questions ~ I'm sure if it's happening
to me ~ it's happening to thousands more too... God Bless You! and Have a
happy holiday season too ) Here's my holiday gift to you and other
readers: However important your other affairs or activities may be, never
forget that what is essential for your future is your work with thought.
Thanks to this, every day you will move closer and closer to the ideal you
aspire to. Every day, through your prayers and meditations, you will add
another element to the edifice: a brick, a slab of concrete, a little cement,
a plank, a nail…What happiness to feel you are doing something, that you are
advancing! Besides, you cannot be sure to feel as happy when you see your
building completed. Yes, you may feel as if something is missing when it is
finished! Men and women find happiness when they achieve something, but much
more so in the work, in activity, in hope, in the thought that there is
always something more to discover and accomplish.Omraam Mikhaël Aïvanhov ~
Get your thought for the day emailed to you too!!
http://www.prosveta.com/main.phtml?d...&language_id=5 Thanks again!!!

YW
--
~PA Bear
www.JesusSaves/MosesInvests.mvp

Eyesofmoon wrote:
> [...]
>>> Noooooooooooo I don't want to run a vulnerable version!!! So what do
>>> you
>>> advise I do ~ d/l that cleanup tool and begin again.. Be kind dear I'm
>>> an
>>> old woman who forgets and doesn't know how important your advice might
>>> be..
>>> I really thought that was a good idea what I did!! I'm not trying to
>>> minimize in the least what you're telling me to do.. I want to do the
>>> right
>>> thing and for everyone else reading these posts. Alot of this stuff is
>>> very confusing to the average non-geek you know!!! So ahem if I may ask
>>> again... Shall I just run the cleanup tool and install again??? Because
>>> really thought that because I didn't get the error code ~ the link you
>>> posted did NOT apply to my situaion... Please advise, be tolerent, be

Eyesofmoon

Re: Installing Security Update for Microsof.NET Framework, Version
I'm just saying most of us don't know what you're talking about!! But I
suppose that's the fun of it!! I go to your post:
www.JesusSaves/MosesInvests.mvp

no such place!!! mwuwhahaha

http://filext.com/file-extension/MVP