Microsoft Windows Installer 3.1

babyrayjapan

Microsoft Windows Installer 3.1
for some reason this will not upgrade in my computer. this is the first time
i have had a problem doing any type of upgrade with windows...cant figure out
why this is happening
pgat

RE: Microsoft Windows Installer 3.1
Same here. Also, can't deselect it using "Custom Install" option, "Updates
are ready for your computer..." system tray icon won't go away.

Anyone know how to resolve this?

"babyrayjapan" wrote:

> for some reason this will not upgrade in my computer. this is the first time
> i have had a problem doing any type of upgrade with windows...cant figure out
> why this is happening

PA Bear

Re: Microsoft Windows Installer 3.1
Update, or by using Automatic Updates after you repair a Windows XP
installation:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/943144

AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L.ORG http://66.39.69.143/

babyrayjapan wrote:
> for some reason this will not upgrade in my computer. this is the first
> time i have had a problem doing any type of upgrade with windows...cant
> figure out why this is happening

pgat

Re: Microsoft Windows Installer 3.1
Method 1 fixed my problem, thanks very much!

"PA Bear" wrote:

> Updates are not installed successfully from Windows Update, from Microsoft
> Update, or by using Automatic Updates after you repair a Windows XP
> installation:
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/943144
>
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
> DTS-L.ORG http://66.39.69.143/
>
> babyrayjapan wrote:
> > for some reason this will not upgrade in my computer. this is the first
> > time i have had a problem doing any type of upgrade with windows...cant
> > figure out why this is happening

PA Bear

Re: Microsoft Windows Installer 3.1
YW & thanks for your feedback.

pgat wrote:
> Method 1 fixed my problem, thanks very much!
>

> "PA Bear" wrote:
>
>> Updates are not installed successfully from Windows Update, from
>> Microsoft
>> Update, or by using Automatic Updates after you repair a Windows XP
>> installation:
>> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/943144
>>
>> --
>> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
>> DTS-L.ORG http://66.39.69.143/
>>
>> babyrayjapan wrote:
>>> for some reason this will not upgrade in my computer. this is the first
>>> time i have had a problem doing any type of upgrade with windows...cant
>>> figure out why this is happening

G. T.

Re: Microsoft Windows Installer 3.1
Hi PA Bear,
I am having this same problem-unable to install the installer. I did a XP
repair install. I have tried the two methods on the support page you
provided. The Wups.dll registered but the installer would still not
install. I downloaded the Windows Update Agent. When I ran it I got a
window stating that it was already installed. I could not follow the
instructions then.

Do you have any other ideas for fixing this problem?

Thank you so much,
G. T.

| Updates are not installed successfully from Windows Update, from Microsoft
| Update, or by using Automatic Updates after you repair a Windows XP
| installation:
| http://support.microsoft.com/kb/943144
|
| --
| ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
| MS MVP-Windows (IE, OE, Security, Shell/User)
| AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
| DTS-L.ORG http://66.39.69.143/
|
| babyrayjapan wrote:
| > for some reason this will not upgrade in my computer. this is the first
| > time i have had a problem doing any type of upgrade with windows...cant
| > figure out why this is happening

G. T.

Re: Microsoft Windows Installer 3.1
Hi again,
After writing the last message I turned on automatic updates again just to
see what was happening. The installer did install. I have no explanation.
MS amazes me sometimes.
Thanks again,