NEED MORE HELP - still cannot get my OE6 emails back

kathy@traveldoor.com

NEED MORE HELP - still cannot get my OE6 emails back
To Pa BEAR or anyone.....

I am reposting what I wrote on my continuing thread from yesterday, as
not sure how threads are monitered. In any case, even after my post, I am
still having problems (couldn't seem to start a new thread question now, so
had to go this way).....
---------------------------

I did follow all your instructions, and am now waiting for my emails to
be restored (I did have QUITE A FEW OF THEM...I think around 5000 (yes, I DO
have to save emails in my job - and I can see this archiving is a royal
pain...very difficult to find specific emails). How long should it take for
that many emails to show up?

Also, when I went into my message store area, there was already an
INBOX.DBX as well as the INBOX.BAK that I moved there. As I had cleaned out
what new mail had come into by Inbox yesterday/today, I deleted the INBOX.DBX
- and renamed the INBOX.BAK to INBOX.DBX. Did I do that correctly?

I am now confused about the files in my message store area, as I
DEFINITELY DID delete the INBOX.DBX and renamed INBOX.BAK to INBOX.DBX - but
this is what it shows:

1) Inbox.dbx
File
481,184 KB

2) Inbox.dbx
DBX File
139 KB

#1 above is my "restored data" (what I lost and was sent to recycle)
Type: File
Date Modified: 12/12/07 1:27AM
Size: 469MB

Did I "rename" #1 above incorrectly? How does the "DBX File" line get in
there?

"Kathy G"
kathy@traveldoor.com
Robert Aldwinckle

Re: NEED MORE HELP - still cannot get my OE6 emails back
news5BFA2D6-8F13-44BC-8FF7-F053D8F752A7@microsoft.com...

http://www.microsoft.com/communities...0-624136927018

> In any case, even after my post, I am
> still having problems (couldn't seem to start a new thread question now, so
> had to go this way).....

You did start a new thread. ; ) Please stay in your old thread
unless this is a completely new unrelated (on-topic) subject,
which does not seem to be the case.

In fact, please try to continue the cross-post that PA Bear created for you
as both subjects are really off-topic (OT) in this newsgroup (WU).
So what might be even better is resuming the cross-post, switching to the
other newsgroup (e.g. by clicking on the link in a reply header) and then
dropping this newsgroup out of your reply.

Hmm... I can't tell if the web interface actually continues a cross-post
for you or not. When I click Reply it looks as if it is only going to continue
posting in the originating newsgroup. If so, that's not helpful. Then the
poster would either have to continue the cross-post manually or switch
to the other newsgroup and reply separately in it...

Oh. (After clicking on the Advanced Options link.) Apparently the cross-post
would be continued in replies. The only confusion is the message at the top
which tells you where you are posting from which makes it look as if that is the
only newsgroup you are posting to. ; )

FYI

Robert Aldwinckle
---