Update in Vista fails

recon

Update in Vista fails
Hello hopes anyone can help me...
I am running Vista Home Premium 64 bit version and I have recently
reinstalled Vista.
My problem is that updates for Vista wont install and there is approx. 34 of
them.
If I download the updates then Vista ask for restarting the computer in
order to install the updates. If I accept then Vista starts to install the
updates, restarts the computer and then begin to configure the updates (
which takes a long time ). But when the computer is restarted then I can see
that only a few of the updates is installed and the rest have failed.
I get about 26 0x800719e4 errors and the rest is 0x800f0816 and 0x800706ba
errors..
Can anybody please help

bomarmonk

RE: Update in Vista fails

"recon" wrote:

> Hello hopes anyone can help me...
> I am running Vista Home Premium 64 bit version and I have recently
> reinstalled Vista.
> My problem is that updates for Vista wont install and there is approx. 34 of
> them.
> If I download the updates then Vista ask for restarting the computer in
> order to install the updates. If I accept then Vista starts to install the
> updates, restarts the computer and then begin to configure the updates (
> which takes a long time ). But when the computer is restarted then I can see
> that only a few of the updates is installed and the rest have failed.
> I get about 26 0x800719e4 errors and the rest is 0x800f0816 and 0x800706ba
> errors..
> Can anybody please help

bomarmonk

RE: Update in Vista fails
I have the same problem, minus the 0x800706ba error. The other two errors
are coming up every time Vista tries to install the latest Vista updates. I
am seeing the same weird behavior from Zone Alarm. Maybe I'll try turning
Zone Alarm off and running the updates. I'll post back here if I find a
solution.

"recon" wrote:

> Hello hopes anyone can help me...
> I am running Vista Home Premium 64 bit version and I have recently
> reinstalled Vista.
> My problem is that updates for Vista wont install and there is approx. 34 of
> them.
> If I download the updates then Vista ask for restarting the computer in
> order to install the updates. If I accept then Vista starts to install the
> updates, restarts the computer and then begin to configure the updates (
> which takes a long time ). But when the computer is restarted then I can see
> that only a few of the updates is installed and the rest have failed.
> I get about 26 0x800719e4 errors and the rest is 0x800f0816 and 0x800706ba
> errors..
> Can anybody please help

bomarmonk

RE: Update in Vista fails
Having the same problems... I don't know why the forum lost my post above.
I'll try finding a solution and will post here if I find one.

"bomarmonk" wrote:

> "recon" wrote:
>
> > Hello hopes anyone can help me...
> > I am running Vista Home Premium 64 bit version and I have recently
> > reinstalled Vista.
> > My problem is that updates for Vista wont install and there is approx. 34 of
> > them.
> > If I download the updates then Vista ask for restarting the computer in
> > order to install the updates. If I accept then Vista starts to install the
> > updates, restarts the computer and then begin to configure the updates (
> > which takes a long time ). But when the computer is restarted then I can see
> > that only a few of the updates is installed and the rest have failed.
> > I get about 26 0x800719e4 errors and the rest is 0x800f0816 and 0x800706ba
> > errors..
> > Can anybody please help

recon

RE: Update in Vista fails
Thanks a lot for looking into the problem.... I have still not been able to
find a solution myself.
I hope you can find something

"bomarmonk" wrote:

> I have the same problem, minus the 0x800706ba error. The other two errors
> are coming up every time Vista tries to install the latest Vista updates. I
> am seeing the same weird behavior from Zone Alarm. Maybe I'll try turning
> Zone Alarm off and running the updates. I'll post back here if I find a
> solution.
>
> "recon" wrote:
>
> > Hello hopes anyone can help me...
> > I am running Vista Home Premium 64 bit version and I have recently
> > reinstalled Vista.
> > My problem is that updates for Vista wont install and there is approx. 34 of
> > them.
> > If I download the updates then Vista ask for restarting the computer in
> > order to install the updates. If I accept then Vista starts to install the
> > updates, restarts the computer and then begin to configure the updates (
> > which takes a long time ). But when the computer is restarted then I can see
> > that only a few of the updates is installed and the rest have failed.
> > I get about 26 0x800719e4 errors and the rest is 0x800f0816 and 0x800706ba
> > errors..
> > Can anybody please help

bomarmonk

RE: Update in Vista fails
I notified Microsoft. I'll post the solution that they provide for me and
maybe it will help you. You can file a free support request for Windows
update, so you might want to do your own at:

"recon" wrote:

> Thanks a lot for looking into the problem.... I have still not been able to
> find a solution myself.
> I hope you can find something
>

> "bomarmonk" wrote:
>
> > I have the same problem, minus the 0x800706ba error. The other two errors
> > are coming up every time Vista tries to install the latest Vista updates. I
> > am seeing the same weird behavior from Zone Alarm. Maybe I'll try turning
> > Zone Alarm off and running the updates. I'll post back here if I find a
> > solution.
> >
> > "recon" wrote:
> >
> > > Hello hopes anyone can help me...
> > > I am running Vista Home Premium 64 bit version and I have recently
> > > reinstalled Vista.
> > > My problem is that updates for Vista wont install and there is approx. 34 of
> > > them.
> > > If I download the updates then Vista ask for restarting the computer in
> > > order to install the updates. If I accept then Vista starts to install the
> > > updates, restarts the computer and then begin to configure the updates (
> > > which takes a long time ). But when the computer is restarted then I can see
> > > that only a few of the updates is installed and the rest have failed.
> > > I get about 26 0x800719e4 errors and the rest is 0x800f0816 and 0x800706ba
> > > errors..
> > > Can anybody please help

recon

RE: Update in Vista fails
I also notified Microsoft and they told me that they could see in the
dianogstic file, which I sent them, that Vista needed a reinstalation or at
least a reparation. I have now made a reparation and now I will run update
and see if it works.
Will of course post back any results

"bomarmonk" wrote:

> I notified Microsoft. I'll post the solution that they provide for me and
> maybe it will help you. You can file a free support request for Windows
> update, so you might want to do your own at:
>

> "recon" wrote:
>
> > Thanks a lot for looking into the problem.... I have still not been able to
> > find a solution myself.
> > I hope you can find something
> >

> > "bomarmonk" wrote:
> >
> > > I have the same problem, minus the 0x800706ba error. The other two errors
> > > are coming up every time Vista tries to install the latest Vista updates. I
> > > am seeing the same weird behavior from Zone Alarm. Maybe I'll try turning
> > > Zone Alarm off and running the updates. I'll post back here if I find a
> > > solution.

recon

RE: Update in Vista fails
It worked with an reparation... I can now update without any problems

"recon" wrote:

> I also notified Microsoft and they told me that they could see in the
> dianogstic file, which I sent them, that Vista needed a reinstalation or at
> least a reparation. I have now made a reparation and now I will run update
> and see if it works.
> Will of course post back any results
>
> "bomarmonk" wrote:
>
> > I notified Microsoft. I'll post the solution that they provide for me and
> > maybe it will help you. You can file a free support request for Windows
> > update, so you might want to do your own at:
> > https://support.microsoft.com/oas/de...spx?gprid=6527
> >

> > "recon" wrote:
> >
> > > Thanks a lot for looking into the problem.... I have still not been able to
> > > find a solution myself.
> > > I hope you can find something

Vista Dust

RE: Update in Vista fails
What is a reparation? What is the process?

"recon" wrote:

> It worked with an reparation... I can now update without any problems
>
> "recon" wrote:
>
> > I also notified Microsoft and they told me that they could see in the
> > dianogstic file, which I sent them, that Vista needed a reinstalation or at
> > least a reparation. I have now made a reparation and now I will run update
> > and see if it works.
> > Will of course post back any results
> >
> > "bomarmonk" wrote:
> >
> > > I notified Microsoft. I'll post the solution that they provide for me and
> > > maybe it will help you. You can file a free support request for Windows
> > > update, so you might want to do your own at:
> > > https://support.microsoft.com/oas/de...spx?gprid=6527

recon

RE: Update in Vista fails
I was told to do the following (which solved the problem)
1. Inset the Vista CD in the computer while you are at the desktop
2. Choose Install
3. Click on "Do not get the latest updates for the installation program"
4.Write in your Windows ID
5. Choose "I have choosen the version of Vista which I have bought" and
choose next
6. Accept the licens conditions and choose next
7. Choose upgrade. This process can take hours
8. Choose "recomended settings" choose the correct time and close
9. After reboot try Update again

Hope it can help others...
The proces have the advantage of not deleting any programs or dokuments it
only repairs Vista, but you should make backup before trying this.
If it doesnt work I was told to make a total reinstallation of Vista so that
is also a possiblillty