942615 doesn't allow to print web pages

Leonard F. Kiesling

942615 doesn't allow to print web pages
using xp pro sp2, dell desktop, IE6. outlook express.

after installing recent updates, i couldn't print web pages.

searched a bit thru this site. i uninstalled the KB942615 update & i can now
print web pages.

any ideas about getting this update to allow printing of web pages?

thank you, len kiesling

PA Bear

Re: 942615 doesn't allow to print web pages
Leonard, tell us what happened when you /tried/ to print a webpage, please.
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L.ORG http://66.39.69.143/

Leonard F. Kiesling wrote:
> using xp pro sp2, dell desktop, IE6. outlook express.
>
> after installing recent updates, i couldn't print web pages.
>
> searched a bit thru this site. i uninstalled the KB942615 update & i can
> now
> print web pages.
>
> any ideas about getting this update to allow printing of web pages?
>
> thank you, len kiesling

Leonard F. Kiesling

Re: 942615 doesn't allow to print web pages
thanks for reply!

first, when attempting to print thru print preview, machine would freeze,
eventually i could close out IE generating a send error report.

i then tried printing thru file>print...>, & nothing happened. froze again.
after a few seconds, i could close the IE, & send error report again. the
error report
http://wer.microsoft.com/responses/R...7-0152e958ed2a

i uninstalled the 942615, & printing is proceding well. one exception: if i
change a certain page to landscape, it won't print. if i change it back to
portrait, it prints ok, but right margin info is cut off. (my reason for
changing to landscape.)

i can print other pages from other sites in landscape.

thank you, len

> Leonard, tell us what happened when you /tried/ to print a webpage,
> please.
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
> DTS-L.ORG http://66.39.69.143/
>
> Leonard F. Kiesling wrote:
>> using xp pro sp2, dell desktop, IE6. outlook express.
>>
>> after installing recent updates, i couldn't print web pages.
>>
>> searched a bit thru this site. i uninstalled the KB942615 update & i can
>> now
>> print web pages.
>>
>> any ideas about getting this update to allow printing of web pages?
>>
>> thank you, len kiesling

PA Bear

Re: 942615 doesn't allow to print web pages
The Lenmeister strikes again! (Sorry, I didn't recognize your name at
first.)

Have you tried disabling all Add-ons, Len (Tools > Manage add-ons > ...)?

Do you have any third-party toolbars installed (e.g., Google; Yahoo
Companion; MSN; Windows Live)?

Have you tried installing 942615 after first disabling your anti-virus
application and any anti-spyware applications' real-time protections?

Are you using a third-party firewall (e.g., ZoneAlarm; Comodo; Norton;
McAfee)?

Leonard F. Kiesling wrote:
> thanks for reply!
>
> first, when attempting to print thru print preview, machine would freeze,
> eventually i could close out IE generating a send error report.
>
> i then tried printing thru file>print...>, & nothing happened. froze
> again.
> after a few seconds, i could close the IE, & send error report again. the
> error report
> http://wer.microsoft.com/responses/R...7-0152e958ed2a
>
> i uninstalled the 942615, & printing is proceding well. one exception: if
> change a certain page to landscape, it won't print. if i change it back to
> portrait, it prints ok, but right margin info is cut off. (my reason for
> changing to landscape.)
>
> i can print other pages from other sites in landscape.

>> Leonard, tell us what happened when you /tried/ to print a webpage,
>> please.
>> --
>> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
>> DTS-L.ORG http://66.39.69.143/
>>
>> Leonard F. Kiesling wrote:
>>> using xp pro sp2, dell desktop, IE6. outlook express.
>>>
>>> after installing recent updates, i couldn't print web pages.
>>>
>>> searched a bit thru this site. i uninstalled the KB942615 update & i can
>>> now
>>> print web pages.
>>>
>>> any ideas about getting this update to allow printing of web pages?
>>>
>>> thank you, len kiesling

Leonard F. Kiesling

Re: 942615 doesn't allow to print web pages
hi pa! thanks for reply!

did not try disabling add ons.
i checked them; there is an adobe pdf tool bar-it's been there unknown &
unused by me.

no other 3rd party tool bars; no windows live (don't know what that is)

& yes! i installed this update with macafee corporate AV running!! no real
time apps either.

as you mention, my thought after uninstalling this update was to reinstall
update with macafee disabled.

no 3rd party firewall; using windows firewall.

i checked another machine that has same update with IE6 (i'm at work). had
similar problem with IE freezing.

after posting i read thru post "WARNING: KB942615 may require an extra
reboot to apply correctly"
where others are experiencing problems with this update.

where i'm at now: machine printing web pages. there was a "bestbuy" (an
electronic's super store)'s web page when set to landscape would not print;
i believe it's a web site situation, not the machine.

if you direct, i will reinstall kb942615 with macafee disabled. it's coming
up in my auto windows update (i have set to download & install manually)
also, i haven't upgraded to IE7 yet, which also has been offered thru auto
update.

thank you!!!

len, the lenmeister

> The Lenmeister strikes again! (Sorry, I didn't recognize your name at
> first.)
>
> Have you tried disabling all Add-ons, Len (Tools > Manage add-ons > ...)?
>
> Do you have any third-party toolbars installed (e.g., Google; Yahoo
> Companion; MSN; Windows Live)?
>
> Have you tried installing 942615 after first disabling your anti-virus
> application and any anti-spyware applications' real-time protections?
>
> Are you using a third-party firewall (e.g., ZoneAlarm; Comodo; Norton;
> McAfee)?
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
> DTS-L.ORG http://66.39.69.143/
>

> Leonard F. Kiesling wrote:
>> thanks for reply!
>>
>> first, when attempting to print thru print preview, machine would freeze,
>> eventually i could close out IE generating a send error report.
>>
>> i then tried printing thru file>print...>, & nothing happened. froze
>> again.
>> after a few seconds, i could close the IE, & send error report again. the
>> error report
>> http://wer.microsoft.com/responses/R...7-0152e958ed2a
>>
>> i uninstalled the 942615, & printing is proceding well. one exception: if
>> change a certain page to landscape, it won't print. if i change it back
>> portrait, it prints ok, but right margin info is cut off. (my reason for
>> changing to landscape.)
>>
>> i can print other pages from other sites in landscape.
>>
>> "PA Bear" <PABearMVP@gmail.com> wrote in message
>>> Leonard, tell us what happened when you /tried/ to print a webpage,
>>> please.
>>> --
>>> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>>> MS MVP-Windows (IE, OE, Security, Shell/User)
>>> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
>>> DTS-L.ORG http://66.39.69.143/

PA Bear

Re: 942615 doesn't allow to print web pages
Yes, give that a whirl. If problems persist, try this hotfix:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/942367

Leonard F. Kiesling wrote:
> [...]
>>> thanks for reply!
>>>
>>> first, when attempting to print thru print preview, machine would
>>> freeze,
>>> eventually i could close out IE generating a send error report.
>>>
>>> i then tried printing thru file>print...>, & nothing happened. froze
>>> again.
>>> after a few seconds, i could close the IE, & send error report again.
>>> the
>>> error report
>>> http://wer.microsoft.com/responses/R...7-0152e958ed2a
>>>
>>> i uninstalled the 942615, & printing is proceding well. one exception:
>>> if
>>> change a certain page to landscape, it won't print. if i change it back
>>> portrait, it prints ok, but right margin info is cut off. (my reason for
>>> changing to landscape.)
>>>
>>> i can print other pages from other sites in landscape.

Leonard F Kiesling

Re: 942615 doesn't allow to print web pages
hi pa! thanks for reply.

i never received this reply at work, where problem machine is. i'm replying
from home.

for now, i'm reading thru posts, & hoping a new version of 942615 will be in
january's updates, or i'll procede as directed.

> Yes, give that a whirl. If problems persist, try this hotfix:
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/942367
>
> Leonard F. Kiesling wrote:
>> hi pa! thanks for reply!
>>
>> did not try disabling add ons.
>> i checked them; there is an adobe pdf tool bar-it's been there unknown &
>> unused by me.
>>
>> no other 3rd party tool bars; no windows live (don't know what that is)
>>
>> & yes! i installed this update with macafee corporate AV running!! no
>> real
>> time apps either.
>>
>> as you mention, my thought after uninstalling this update was to
>> reinstall
>> update with macafee disabled.
>>
>> no 3rd party firewall; using windows firewall.
>>
>> i checked another machine that has same update with IE6 (i'm at work).
>> had
>> similar problem with IE freezing.
>>
>> after posting i read thru post "WARNING: KB942615 may require an extra
>> reboot to apply correctly"
>> where others are experiencing problems with this update.
>>
>> where i'm at now: machine printing web pages. there was a "bestbuy" (an
>> electronic's super store)'s web page when set to landscape would not
>> print;
>> i believe it's a web site situation, not the machine.
>>
>> if you direct, i will reinstall kb942615 with macafee disabled. it's
>> coming
>> up in my auto windows update (i have set to download & install manually)
>> also, i haven't upgraded to IE7 yet, which also has been offered thru
>> auto
>> update.
>>
>> thank you!!!
>>
>> len, the lenmeister
>>

>> "PA Bear" <PABearMVP@gmail.com> wrote in message
>>> The Lenmeister strikes again! (Sorry, I didn't recognize your name at
>>> first.)
>>>
>>> Have you tried disabling all Add-ons, Len (Tools > Manage add-ons >
>>> ...)?
>>>
>>> Do you have any third-party toolbars installed (e.g., Google; Yahoo
>>> Companion; MSN; Windows Live)?
>>>
>>> Have you tried installing 942615 after first disabling your anti-virus
>>> application and any anti-spyware applications' real-time protections?
>>>
>>> Are you using a third-party firewall (e.g., ZoneAlarm; Comodo; Norton;
>>> McAfee)?
>>> --
>>> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>>> MS MVP-Windows (IE, OE, Security, Shell/User)
>>> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
>>> DTS-L.ORG http://66.39.69.143/

PA Bear

Re: 942615 doesn't allow to print web pages
1. See this thread, as you're not alone:
http://groups.google.com/group/micro...c59b6b09ab8d56

It might be wise for you to open a free support incident, too, Leonard.

2. Are your printing problems associated solely when printing in Adobe
Acrobat Reader? What version of Adobe Acrobat Reader are you using?

>> Yes, give that a whirl. If problems persist, try this hotfix:
>> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/942367

NB: KB942367 has been superseded by http://support.microsoft.com/kb/946627,
as regards KB942615/MS07-069.

Leonard F Kiesling wrote:
> hi pa! thanks for reply.
>
> i never received this reply at work, where problem machine is. i'm
> replying
> from home.
>
> for now, i'm reading thru posts, & hoping a new version of 942615 will be
> in
> january's updates, or i'll procede as directed.
>
> thank you len, the lenmeister!!!

>> Yes, give that a whirl. If problems persist, try this hotfix:
>> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/942367
>>
>> Leonard F. Kiesling wrote:
>>> hi pa! thanks for reply!
>>>
>>> did not try disabling add ons.
>>> i checked them; there is an adobe pdf tool bar-it's been there unknown &
>>> unused by me.
>>>
>>> no other 3rd party tool bars; no windows live (don't know what that is)
>>>
>>> & yes! i installed this update with macafee corporate AV running!! no
>>> real
>>> time apps either.
>>>
>>> as you mention, my thought after uninstalling this update was to
>>> reinstall
>>> update with macafee disabled.
>>>
>>> no 3rd party firewall; using windows firewall.
>>>
>>> i checked another machine that has same update with IE6 (i'm at work).
>>> had
>>> similar problem with IE freezing.
>>>
>>> after posting i read thru post "WARNING: KB942615 may require an extra
>>> reboot to apply correctly"
>>> where others are experiencing problems with this update.
>>>
>>> where i'm at now: machine printing web pages. there was a "bestbuy" (an
>>> electronic's super store)'s web page when set to landscape would not
>>> print;
>>> i believe it's a web site situation, not the machine.
>>>
>>> if you direct, i will reinstall kb942615 with macafee disabled. it's
>>> coming
>>> up in my auto windows update (i have set to download & install manually)
>>> also, i haven't upgraded to IE7 yet, which also has been offered thru
>>> auto
>>> update.
>>>
>>> thank you!!!
>>>
>>> len, the lenmeister

Leonard F Kiesling

Re: 942615 doesn't allow to print web pages
thank you!
1. thanks for link

2. i was printing from print preview in ie6. ie would stop & error message
created.
did not try from adobe 6.0.
when i printed from file>print....>it would sometimes work, if i recall. but
never from the print preview.
i experienced no print when trying to print a certain web page in landscape
page type. i believe it to be a web page situation.

with 942615 removed, printing normally! also from adobe 6.0.

replying from home.

thank you! len

> 1. See this thread, as you're not alone:
> http://groups.google.com/group/micro...c59b6b09ab8d56
>
> It might be wise for you to open a free support incident, too, Leonard.
>
> 2. Are your printing problems associated solely when printing in Adobe
> Acrobat Reader? What version of Adobe Acrobat Reader are you using?
>
>>> Yes, give that a whirl. If problems persist, try this hotfix:
>>> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/942367

> NB: KB942367 has been superseded by
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/946627, as regards KB942615/MS07-069.
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
> DTS-L.ORG http://66.39.69.143/
>

> Leonard F Kiesling wrote:
>> hi pa! thanks for reply.
>>
>> i never received this reply at work, where problem machine is. i'm
>> replying
>> from home.
>>
>> for now, i'm reading thru posts, & hoping a new version of 942615 will be
>> in
>> january's updates, or i'll procede as directed.
>>
>> thank you len, the lenmeister!!!
>>

>> "PA Bear" <PABearMVP@gmail.com> wrote in message
>>> Yes, give that a whirl. If problems persist, try this hotfix:
>>> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/942367

PA Bear

Re: 942615 doesn't allow to print web pages
Start a free support incident and let us know the outcome, please, Len.