Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

RE: Can not install Service pack 2 for Small business server 2003

microsoft.public.windowsupdate






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 12-13-2007
mrenticon
 

Posts: n/a
RE: Can not install Service pack 2 for Small business server 2003
Yep, same problem here. Has anyone tried the recommended 'free assisted
support'? I have to find some after hour time slots to work on this. Can't do
it during the day.

"Kaine260" wrote:

> I can not install small business server 2003 service pack 2. Get error
> 0x8007F01E. Please help.
>
> Zack

Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 12-13-2007
Dave W
 

Posts: n/a
RE: Can not install Service pack 2 for Small business server 2003
Having posted the message prior to yours I shoudl now post how I cured it!


I had tried the ideas in this KB article:
http://support.microsoft.com/default...b/822798/en-us
and wasnt able to do the rename catroot2 as some other sevrices beside
crypto were using it.

so I stopped crypto - set to manual start, restarted the server and then was
able to rename the Catroot2 directory, and then the service pack installed.

So bascially the SP wont install as you have run too many updates for the
cataloging "database" to handle so you remove them and it will install ok.

I then set crypto back to automatic and rebooted.



"mrenticon" wrote:

> Yep, same problem here. Has anyone tried the recommended 'free assisted
> support'? I have to find some after hour time slots to work on this. Can't do
> it during the day.
>
> "Kaine260" wrote:
>
> > I can not install small business server 2003 service pack 2. Get error
> > 0x8007F01E. Please help.
> >
> > Zack

Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 12-13-2007
mrenticon
 

Posts: n/a
RE: Can not install Service pack 2 for Small business server 2003
Great suggestion, Dave. I'll give that a try.

"Dave W" wrote:

> Having posted the message prior to yours I shoudl now post how I cured it!
>
>
> I had tried the ideas in this KB article:
> http://support.microsoft.com/default...b/822798/en-us
> and wasnt able to do the rename catroot2 as some other sevrices beside
> crypto were using it.
>
> so I stopped crypto - set to manual start, restarted the server and then was
> able to rename the Catroot2 directory, and then the service pack installed.
>
> So bascially the SP wont install as you have run too many updates for the
> cataloging "database" to handle so you remove them and it will install ok.
>
> I then set crypto back to automatic and rebooted.
>
>
>
> "mrenticon" wrote:
>
> > Yep, same problem here. Has anyone tried the recommended 'free assisted
> > support'? I have to find some after hour time slots to work on this. Can't do
> > it during the day.
> >
> > "Kaine260" wrote:
> >
> > > I can not install small business server 2003 service pack 2. Get error
> > > 0x8007F01E. Please help.
> > >
> > > Zack

Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 12-17-2007
steve@mcmillaninc.com
 

Posts: n/a
RE: Can not install Service pack 2 for Small business server 2003
I tried it but, it did not work for me.
Have tried numerous options including all mentioned in this thread. Still no
solution.

Any-one else??

Steve

"mrenticon" wrote:

> Great suggestion, Dave. I'll give that a try.
>
> "Dave W" wrote:
>
> > Having posted the message prior to yours I shoudl now post how I cured it!
> >
> >
> > I had tried the ideas in this KB article:
> > http://support.microsoft.com/default...b/822798/en-us
> > and wasnt able to do the rename catroot2 as some other sevrices beside
> > crypto were using it.
> >
> > so I stopped crypto - set to manual start, restarted the server and then was
> > able to rename the Catroot2 directory, and then the service pack installed.
> >
> > So bascially the SP wont install as you have run too many updates for the
> > cataloging "database" to handle so you remove them and it will install ok.
> >
> > I then set crypto back to automatic and rebooted.
> >
> >
> >
> > "mrenticon" wrote:
> >
> > > Yep, same problem here. Has anyone tried the recommended 'free assisted
> > > support'? I have to find some after hour time slots to work on this. Can't do
> > > it during the day.
> > >
> > > "Kaine260" wrote:
> > >
> > > > I can not install small business server 2003 service pack 2. Get error
> > > > 0x8007F01E. Please help.
> > > >
> > > > Zack

Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Re: Windows 2003 small business server same code i.e. 0x8007F01E Mike microsoft.public.windowsupdate 1 02-15-2008 08:12
RDP to Small Business Server 2003 Pierre of Perth microsoft.public.windows.vista.networking sharing 3 12-18-2007 01:48
Fax server Small Business 2003 Albatro microsoft.public.it.windows.vista 1 12-05-2007 18:07
Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 2 and Windows XP Professional x64 Service Pack 2 has BlogFeed Windows Vista Blogs Forum 0 03-16-2007 01:00
Visa > VPN to small Business Server 2003 =?Utf-8?B?U3RldmUgUg==?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.networking sharing 2 03-05-2007 04:54




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 06:46.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120