Latest Update (11 dec or 12 dec) Running double services

Taz_Man

Latest Update (11 dec or 12 dec) Running double services
Ever since i decided to install the updates i noticed i can't play some games
and programs are running slower.

I went into the task manager and noticed that almost every service there is
running in double !!!

My webserver, My webcam, svchost.exe, crss.exe... it's all running double
and eating away at the memory and speed of my pc.

Anyone got any idea of what i should do ?
I'm running windows vista home premium.
Never had any problems with previous updates.

Reinstalling the machine is out of the question... too much information on it.
Besides... the update caused this... so i expect a solution without
reinstalling my machine.

Haven't tried uninstalling the update yet... gonna try that tonight.

Any ideas are welcome !

Thanks in advance,

Taz_Man
Shelipop

RE: Latest Update (11 dec or 12 dec) Running double services
I tried to insall the update ie7 and I got Error Code: 0x80070BE. The same
things are happening to me and now I can't get on the internet at all my task
manager keeps telling me it's not responding. This error says to try and
reinstall...if that does not work i'm getting in with Microsoft online
assisted support. If you have any other advise please write.
Thanks,
Shell

"Taz_Man" wrote:

> Ever since i decided to install the updates i noticed i can't play some games
> and programs are running slower.
>
> I went into the task manager and noticed that almost every service there is
> running in double !!!
>
> My webserver, My webcam, svchost.exe, crss.exe... it's all running double
> and eating away at the memory and speed of my pc.
>
> Anyone got any idea of what i should do ?
> I'm running windows vista home premium.
> Never had any problems with previous updates.
>
> Reinstalling the machine is out of the question... too much information on it.
> Besides... the update caused this... so i expect a solution without
> reinstalling my machine.
>
> Haven't tried uninstalling the update yet... gonna try that tonight.
>
> Any ideas are welcome !
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Taz_Man

Taz_Man

RE: Latest Update (11 dec or 12 dec) Running double services
Tried uninstalling the updates... didn't work.
I also noticed some serivces were running that never ran before.
I turned them off and my system became a bit more stable.
Reinstalled the double programs that were running... most of them are sorted
out now.
Reinstalled the updates to check... and the system remains the same now.
However... still some services that refuse to stop and stay running double.

I did notice that when i create a new user account... none of the problems
exist.
Off course... no way i'm gonna make a new user acount for something that
should never have happened anyway.

MS broke it... MS should fix it !