Important Update KB942615

fredgranger29

Important Update KB942615
Have downloaded the Microsoft Update KB942615 for Internet Explorer 7 and
discovered that when it is loaded it does not allow any viewing of the
internet pages or surfing of the net. In order to work the Explorer, your
going to have to un-install the update and do not download. Will keep a
lookout and keep tabs on the Security Updates to see if there are any changes
or if it is fixed.
--
fredgranger29
PA Bear

Re: Important Update KB942615
X-post to IE General

Error message after you install a Windows Internet Explorer 7 update from
Windows Update or from Microsoft Update: "Webpage cannot be displayed":
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/942818

Assuming 942615 is installed and if tweaking your third-party firewall's
settings don't help, try the following:

1. Disable your anti-virus application, any real-time protection provided by
an anti-spyware application (except for Windows Defender; includes Spybot
Tea Timer, SpySweeper Guards, AVG AS guard.exe, etc.), disable any
third-party firewall AND enable the Windows Firewall.

browsing; reading email; chatting) except #4 below until your anti-virus
application has been re-enabled! If you're running ZA Free firewall, you
may need to uninstall it instead of disabling it.

2. Uninstall "Security Update for Windows Internet Explorer 7 (KB942615)"
via Add/Remove Programs (make sure Show Updates box is checked at top right)
and reboot.

3. Re-do #1 above.

4. Go to http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com and install any Critical Updates
offered. If "Root Certificates" update is listed in the Optional Updates
category, you might install it, too, to take full advantage of IE7's
additional security.

5. Reboot > Make sure everything in #1 above is enabled again and, if
applicable, disable the Windows Firewall and enable your third-party
firewall.
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L.ORG http://66.39.69.143/

fredgranger29 wrote:
> Have downloaded the Microsoft Update KB942615 for Internet Explorer 7 and
> discovered that when it is loaded it does not allow any viewing of the
> internet pages or surfing of the net. In order to work the Explorer, your
> going to have to un-install the update and do not download. Will keep a
> lookout and keep tabs on the Security Updates to see if there are any
> changes or if it is fixed.

Sewit

Re: Important Update KB942615
Same problem here for KB942615. I dont know if the sollution provided helps,
ill try it soon. Only problem is that other user (vista 64) wont understand
what to do... So change the update so it works with 3th party firewalls?

"PA Bear" wrote:

> X-post to IE General
>
> Error message after you install a Windows Internet Explorer 7 update from
> Windows Update or from Microsoft Update: "Webpage cannot be displayed":
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/942818
>
> Assuming 942615 is installed and if tweaking your third-party firewall's
> settings don't help, try the following:
>
> 1. Disable your anti-virus application, any real-time protection provided by
> an anti-spyware application (except for Windows Defender; includes Spybot
> Tea Timer, SpySweeper Guards, AVG AS guard.exe, etc.), disable any
> third-party firewall AND enable the Windows Firewall.
>
> NB: You're "working without a net" now: Don't to ANYTHING else online (e.g.,
> browsing; reading email; chatting) except #4 below until your anti-virus
> application has been re-enabled! If you're running ZA Free firewall, you
> may need to uninstall it instead of disabling it.
>
> 2. Uninstall "Security Update for Windows Internet Explorer 7 (KB942615)"
> via Add/Remove Programs (make sure Show Updates box is checked at top right)
> and reboot.
>
> 3. Re-do #1 above.
>
> 4. Go to http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com and install any Critical Updates
> offered. If "Root Certificates" update is listed in the Optional Updates
> category, you might install it, too, to take full advantage of IE7's
> additional security.
>
> 5. Reboot > Make sure everything in #1 above is enabled again and, if
> applicable, disable the Windows Firewall and enable your third-party
> firewall.
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
> DTS-L.ORG http://66.39.69.143/
>

> fredgranger29 wrote:
> > Have downloaded the Microsoft Update KB942615 for Internet Explorer 7 and
> > discovered that when it is loaded it does not allow any viewing of the
> > internet pages or surfing of the net. In order to work the Explorer, your
> > going to have to un-install the update and do not download. Will keep a
> > lookout and keep tabs on the Security Updates to see if there are any
> > changes or if it is fixed.

soozicue

RE: Important Update KB942615
I am having same problem and I don't understand the solution. I am not techy
at all. All I do know is that if I uninstall this update my IE7 works fine -
download it again and my IE fails to work.
Why cannot Microsoft issue an update that does not cause this problem?
I don't want to mess with any of my PC settings in case I blow it completely