Re: Explorer 6 Update KB942615

PA Bear

Re: Explorer 6 Update KB942615
X-post to IE General and WU newsgroups for maximum exposure. Please
continue the crosspost in all replies. THX

Yes, please let us know what MS PSS has to say about this.
--
~PA Bear

lemaster@hotmail.com wrote:
> PA Bear, sorry about the rant before...
>
> Here's an update. On a support call with MS, we removed the patch and
> we are working fine. I will post information as I get it.
>
> On Dec 12, 12:43 pm, lemas...@hotmail.com wrote:
>> We have seen this issue in our environment. We found that if you go
>> into Internet Explorer, Tool, Internet Options, Advanced and take the
>> check out of Use HTTP 1.1 This will fix the problem.
>>
>> However I'm not suggesting it. I'm waiting to hear from Mr. MS....

<snip>

<snip>

SG

Re: Explorer 6 Update KB942615
PA & Others,

Here is an article that explains that KB and what it does.
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/sec.../ms07-057.mspx

This link explains Known Issues.

It appears to me MS knows about this problem and there is a Hotfix for it.

--
All the best,
SG

> X-post to IE General and WU newsgroups for maximum exposure. Please
> continue the crosspost in all replies. THX
>
> Yes, please let us know what MS PSS has to say about this.
> --
> ~PA Bear
>
> lemaster@hotmail.com wrote:
>> PA Bear, sorry about the rant before...
>>
>> Here's an update. On a support call with MS, we removed the patch and
>> we are working fine. I will post information as I get it.
>>
>> On Dec 12, 12:43 pm, lemas...@hotmail.com wrote:
>>> We have seen this issue in our environment. We found that if you go
>>> into Internet Explorer, Tool, Internet Options, Advanced and take the
>>> check out of Use HTTP 1.1 This will fix the problem.
>>>
>>> However I'm not suggesting it. I'm waiting to hear from Mr. MS....

> <snip>

> <snip>

Andre

Re: Explorer 6 Update KB942615
All these hot fixes might be fine for computer geeks and I thank all the
people working on this with all my heart, and I'm lucky to have known just
enough to find and remove the culprit update and I'll leave all the geeky
stuff to the rest of you....but I thinking of all the folks out there that
know just enough to start their PC and forward joke e-mails, and the repair
shops that will be swamped....so the bottom line is for Microsoft to post an
update fix soon on the Update page for all these poor folks that have their
P.C. on automatic updates.
Again I thank all you folks that have lots more knowledge than me, working
on this problem.....

"SG" wrote:

> PA & Others,
>
> Here is an article that explains that KB and what it does.
> http://www.microsoft.com/technet/sec.../ms07-057.mspx
>
> This link explains Known Issues.
>
> It appears to me MS knows about this problem and there is a Hotfix for it.
>
> --
> All the best,
> SG
> How to Write a Newsgroup Post:
> http://www.elephantboycomputers.com/page2.html#Usenet
> Need your OEM Restore Disk?
> http://restoredisks.com/

> > X-post to IE General and WU newsgroups for maximum exposure. Please
> > continue the crosspost in all replies. THX
> >
> > Yes, please let us know what MS PSS has to say about this.
> > --
> > ~PA Bear
> >
> > lemaster@hotmail.com wrote:
> >> PA Bear, sorry about the rant before...
> >>
> >> Here's an update. On a support call with MS, we removed the patch and
> >> we are working fine. I will post information as I get it.

> > <snip>

> > <snip>

renald.sere@gmail.com

Re: Explorer 6 Update KB942615
I was testing the parameter HTTP1.1 via proxy and desactivate it seems
to be fixing the bug on my environment.

On 13 déc, 13:59, Andre <An...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> All these hot fixes might be fine for computer geeks and I thank all the
> people working on this with all my heart, and I'm lucky to have known just
> enough to find and remove the culprit update and I'll leave all the geeky
> stuff to the rest of you....but I thinking of all the folks out there that
> know just enough to start their PC and forward joke e-mails, and the repair
> shops that will be swamped....so the bottom line is for Microsoft to post an
> update fix soon on the Update page for all these poor folks that have their
> P.C. on automatic updates.
> Again I thank all you folks that have lots more knowledge than me, working
> on this problem.....
>
> "SG" wrote:
> > PA & Others,

> > Here is an article that explains that KB and what it does.
> >http://www.microsoft.com/technet/sec.../ms07-057.mspx

> > This link explains Known Issues.
> >http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/939653

> > It appears to me MS knows about this problem and there is a Hotfix for it.

> > --
> > All the best,
> > SG
> > How to Write a Newsgroup Post:
> >http://www.elephantboycomputers.com/page2.html#Usenet
> > Need your OEM Restore Disk?
> >http://restoredisks.com/

> > "PA Bear" <PABear...@gmail.com> wrote in message
> > > X-post to IE General and WU newsgroups for maximum exposure. Please
> > > continue the crosspost in all replies. THX

> > > Yes, please let us know what MS PSS has to say about this.
> > > --
> > > ~PA Bear

> > > <snip>

> > > <snip>

PA Bear

Re: Explorer 6 Update KB942615
Those are links to the last Cumulative Security Update for IE. We're
discussing the new/most recent one here:

MS07-069: Cumulative security update for Internet Explorer:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/942615
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/sec.../MS07-069.mspx

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/942818 still applies to this new update.
--
~PA Bear

SG wrote:
> Here is an article that explains that KB and what it does.
> http://www.microsoft.com/technet/sec.../ms07-057.mspx
> This link explains Known Issues.
> It appears to me MS knows about this problem and there is a Hotfix for it.

>> X-post to IE General and WU newsgroups for maximum exposure. Please
>> continue the crosspost in all replies. THX
>>
>> Yes, please let us know what MS PSS has to say about this.
>> --
>> ~PA Bear
>>
>> lemaster@hotmail.com wrote:
>>> PA Bear, sorry about the rant before...
>>>
>>> Here's an update. On a support call with MS, we removed the patch and
>>> we are working fine. I will post information as I get it.

>> <snip>

SG

Re: Explorer 6 Update KB942615
Bear,
Correct and unless something is wrong with the MS links that is what I
posted. If you Google KB942615 it shows this link.

Same as the KB in question right?

Then from this site if you click...
IT professionals:
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/sec.../ms07-069.mspx

It takes you here..
General Information
Executive Summary
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/sec.../ms07-069.mspx

Now the two links above are identical, however it takes you to two different
pages...weird. From the link under IT Professionals in the General
Information section if you scroll down to Internet Explorer 6,"Windows XP
Service Pack 2" there is a link to the right for MS-07-057 which I see now
has been updated. Sorry for any confusion, can only post what I see and
click on :>

Even though MS07-069 states no Known Issues, MS better get on the ball as it
is causing problems all over these groups.

--

> Those are links to the last Cumulative Security Update for IE. We're
> discussing the new/most recent one here:
>
> MS07-069: Cumulative security update for Internet Explorer:
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/942615
> http://www.microsoft.com/technet/sec.../MS07-069.mspx
>
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/942818 still applies to this new update.
> --
> ~PA Bear
>
> SG wrote:
>> Here is an article that explains that KB and what it does.
>> http://www.microsoft.com/technet/sec.../ms07-057.mspx
>> This link explains Known Issues.
>> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/939653
>> It appears to me MS knows about this problem and there is a Hotfix for
>> it.
>>

>> "PA Bear" <PABearMVP@gmail.com> wrote in message
>>> X-post to IE General and WU newsgroups for maximum exposure. Please
>>> continue the crosspost in all replies. THX
>>>
>>> Yes, please let us know what MS PSS has to say about this.
>>> --
>>> ~PA Bear

>>> <snip>

Kurt Falde [MSFT]

Re: Explorer 6 Update KB942615
Please try testing http://support.microsoft.com/kb/942367 to see if it fixes
the issue.
Use the online request form to have the fix sent to you.
Thanks

--
Kurt Falde [MSFT]

"SG" <nomail@sorry.com> wrote in message
> Bear,
> Correct and unless something is wrong with the MS links that is what I
> posted. If you Google KB942615 it shows this link.
>
> Same as the KB in question right?
>
> Then from this site if you click...
> IT professionals:
> http://www.microsoft.com/technet/sec.../ms07-069.mspx
>
> It takes you here..
> General Information
> Executive Summary
> http://www.microsoft.com/technet/sec.../ms07-069.mspx
>
> Now the two links above are identical, however it takes you to two
> different pages...weird. From the link under IT Professionals in the
> General Information section if you scroll down to Internet Explorer
> 6,"Windows XP Service Pack 2" there is a link to the right for MS-07-057
> which I see now has been updated. Sorry for any confusion, can only post
> what I see and click on :>
>
> Even though MS07-069 states no Known Issues, MS better get on the ball as
> it is causing problems all over these groups.
>
> --
> All the best,
> SG
> How to Write a Newsgroup Post:
> http://www.elephantboycomputers.com/page2.html#Usenet
> Need your OEM Restore Disk?
> http://restoredisks.com/

>> Those are links to the last Cumulative Security Update for IE. We're
>> discussing the new/most recent one here:
>>
>> MS07-069: Cumulative security update for Internet Explorer:
>> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/942615
>> http://www.microsoft.com/technet/sec.../MS07-069.mspx
>>
>> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/942818 still applies to this new update.
>> --
>> ~PA Bear
>>
>> SG wrote:
>>> Here is an article that explains that KB and what it does.
>>> http://www.microsoft.com/technet/sec.../ms07-057.mspx
>>> This link explains Known Issues.
>>> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/939653
>>> It appears to me MS knows about this problem and there is a Hotfix for
>>> it.

PA Bear

Re: Explorer 6 Update KB942615
Thanks, Kurt.

NB Lurkers: 942367 applies only to IE6 running in WinXP SP2.
--
~PA Bear

Kurt Falde [MSFT] wrote:
> Please try testing http://support.microsoft.com/kb/942367 to see if it
> fixes
> the issue.
> Use the online request form to have the fix sent to you.
> Thanks
>

> "SG" <nomail@sorry.com> wrote in message
>> Bear,
>> Correct and unless something is wrong with the MS links that is what I
>> posted. If you Google KB942615 it shows this link.
>> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/942615
>>
>> Same as the KB in question right?
>>
>> Then from this site if you click...
>> IT professionals:
>> http://www.microsoft.com/technet/sec.../ms07-069.mspx
>>
>> It takes you here..
>> General Information
>> Executive Summary
>> http://www.microsoft.com/technet/sec.../ms07-069.mspx
>>
>> Now the two links above are identical, however it takes you to two
>> different pages...weird. From the link under IT Professionals in the
>> General Information section if you scroll down to Internet Explorer
>> 6,"Windows XP Service Pack 2" there is a link to the right for MS-07-057
>> which I see now has been updated. Sorry for any confusion, can only post
>> what I see and click on :>
>>
>> Even though MS07-069 states no Known Issues, MS better get on the ball as
>> it is causing problems all over these groups.
>>
>> --
>> All the best,
>> SG
>> How to Write a Newsgroup Post:
>> http://www.elephantboycomputers.com/page2.html#Usenet
>> Need your OEM Restore Disk?
>> http://restoredisks.com/
>>

>> "PA Bear" <PABearMVP@gmail.com> wrote in message
>>> Those are links to the last Cumulative Security Update for IE. We're
>>> discussing the new/most recent one here:
>>>
>>> MS07-069: Cumulative security update for Internet Explorer:
>>> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/942615
>>> http://www.microsoft.com/technet/sec.../MS07-069.mspx
>>>
>>> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/942818 still applies to this new update.
>>> --
>>> ~PA Bear

PA Bear

Re: Explorer 6 Update KB942615
[OT: You'll see that you posted links to MS07-057 and KB939653, SG.]

SG wrote:
> Bear,
> Correct and unless something is wrong with the MS links that is what I
> posted. If you Google KB942615 it shows this link.
>
> Same as the KB in question right?
>
> Then from this site if you click...
> IT professionals:
> http://www.microsoft.com/technet/sec.../ms07-069.mspx
>
> It takes you here..
> General Information
> Executive Summary
> http://www.microsoft.com/technet/sec.../ms07-069.mspx

<snip>
> PA Bear wrote:
>> Those are links to the last Cumulative Security Update for IE. We're
>> discussing the new/most recent one here:
>>
>> MS07-069: Cumulative security update for Internet Explorer:
>> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/942615
>> http://www.microsoft.com/technet/sec.../MS07-069.mspx
>>
>> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/942818 still applies to this new update.
>> --
>> SG wrote:
>>> Here is an article that explains that KB and what it does.
>>> http://www.microsoft.com/technet/sec.../ms07-057.mspx
>>> This link explains Known Issues.
>>> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/939653
>>> It appears to me MS knows about this problem and there is a Hotfix for
>>> it.

<snip>
fastoy

On Dec 13, 6:13 pm, "PA Bear" <PABear...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks, Kurt.
>
> NB Lurkers: 942367 applies only to IE6 running in WinXP SP2.
> --
> ~PA Bear
>

> Kurt Falde [MSFT] wrote:
> > Please try testinghttp://support.microsoft.com/kb/942367to see if it
> > fixes
> > the issue.
> > Use the online request form to have the fix sent to you.
> > Thanks

> > "SG" <nom...@sorry.com> wrote in message
> >> Bear,
> >> Correct and unless something is wrong with the MS links that is what I
> >> posted. If you GoogleKB942615it shows this link.
> >>http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/942615

> >> Same as the KB in question right?

> >> Then from this site if you click...
> >> IT professionals:
> >>http://www.microsoft.com/technet/sec.../ms07-069.mspx

> >> It takes you here..
> >> General Information
> >> Executive Summary
> >>http://www.microsoft.com/technet/sec.../ms07-069.mspx

> >> Now the two links above are identical, however it takes you to two
> >> different pages...weird. From the link under IT Professionals in the
> >> General Information section if you scroll down to Internet Explorer
> >> 6,"Windows XP Service Pack 2" there is a link to the right for MS-07-057
> >> which I see now has been updated. Sorry for any confusion, can only post
> >> what I see and click on :>

> >> Even though MS07-069 states no Known Issues, MS better get on the ball as
> >> it is causing problems all over these groups.

> >> --
> >> All the best,
> >> SG
> >> How to Write a Newsgroup Post:
> >>http://www.elephantboycomputers.com/page2.html#Usenet
> >> Need your OEM Restore Disk?
> >>http://restoredisks.com/

> >> "PA Bear" <PABear...@gmail.com> wrote in message

I'm totally confused. The discussion in this thread has been about
KB942615 which was in the Dec. 11 patches. The hotfix you referred us
to KB942367 which is dated Nov. 14 and doesn't refer at all to
KB942615.

Is KB942367 the "fix" to the problems that seem to result from
KB942615?