KB934238 install fails w/0X80242006

Brian C

KB934238 install fails w/0X80242006
I just received this thru Windows Update. Have searched and see many others
having this problem. I tried installing the Language Pack, that wont install
as theres not one for English. Have seen others resolve this but w/ no
reason how.
Please advise.
Thanks.
Brian C.
Brian C

RE: KB934238 install fails w/0X80242006

"Brian C" wrote:

> I just received this thru Windows Update. Have searched and see many others
> having this problem. I tried installing the Language Pack, that wont install
> as theres not one for English. Have seen others resolve this but w/ no
> reason how.
> Please advise.
> Thanks.
> Brian C.

Next Day:
Here's what I did to resolve this problem: (there are entries in this forum
that elude to this)
Went into Windows Update and searched for CUSTOM SCAN and selected the
updates for .NET 3.0, which resolves my problem. It appears that SP1 for
..NET 3.0 supercedes kb934238.
Rich Raine

RE: KB934238 install fails w/0X80242006
Brian's suggestion worked easily and totally for me....

> Next Day:
> Here's what I did to resolve this problem: (there are entries in this forum
> that elude to this)
> Went into Windows Update and searched for CUSTOM SCAN and selected the
> updates for .NET 3.0, which resolves my problem. It appears that SP1 for
> .NET 3.0 supercedes kb934238.

Rich Raine

RE: KB934238 install fails w/0X80242006
Brian's suggestion worked perfectly for me.

"Brian C" wrote:

> "Brian C" wrote:
>
> > I just received this thru Windows Update. Have searched and see many others
> > having this problem. I tried installing the Language Pack, that wont install
> > as theres not one for English. Have seen others resolve this but w/ no
> > reason how.
> > Please advise.
> > Thanks.
> > Brian C.

> Next Day:
> Here's what I did to resolve this problem: (there are entries in this forum
> that elude to this)
> Went into Windows Update and searched for CUSTOM SCAN and selected the
> updates for .NET 3.0, which resolves my problem. It appears that SP1 for
> .NET 3.0 supercedes kb934238.

SzJanos

RE: KB934238 install fails w/0X80242006
I've experienced the same problem, but found that the update you mentioned
has not superceded the security update, but rather permitted it to download
and isntall.

Be advised, i use a machine with a Hungarian language windows XP, so it is
possible this only applies to this version... Otherwise the advice below
applies ... optional updates must be installed for the security update to
work...