Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

KB942615 will not install

microsoft.public.windowsupdate






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 12-13-2007
SOSO
 

Posts: n/a
KB942615 will not install
All Dec.11/07 updates downloaded and installed except KB942615. Got and
Explorer 7 shutdown error and since cannot download the security update. Get
an istall error 80070017. Any Ideas?
--
SOSO
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 12-13-2007
TaurArian
 

Posts: n/a
RE: KB942615 will not install
0x80070017 -2147024873 - ERROR_CRC
Data error (cyclic redundancy check).

Clean out your temporary internet files.
0x80070017 relates to a Data error


"SOSO" wrote:

> All Dec.11/07 updates downloaded and installed except KB942615. Got and
> Explorer 7 shutdown error and since cannot download the security update. Get
> an istall error 80070017. Any Ideas?
> --
> SOSO

Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 12-13-2007
SOSO
 

Posts: n/a
RE: KB942615 will not install
Have tried that (cleared everything). Still nothing!
--
SOSO


"TaurArian" wrote:

> 0x80070017 -2147024873 - ERROR_CRC
> Data error (cyclic redundancy check).
>
> Clean out your temporary internet files.
> 0x80070017 relates to a Data error
>
>
> "SOSO" wrote:
>
> > All Dec.11/07 updates downloaded and installed except KB942615. Got and
> > Explorer 7 shutdown error and since cannot download the security update. Get
> > an istall error 80070017. Any Ideas?
> > --
> > SOSO

Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 12-13-2007
TaurArian
 

Posts: n/a
RE: KB942615 will not install
Have you done any hard disk maintenance lately? Just a thought as the update
itself maybe sitting on a bad block.

Try downloading the update manually and installing -
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/r...splayLang= en

K

"SOSO" wrote:

> Have tried that (cleared everything). Still nothing!
> --
> SOSO
>
>
> "TaurArian" wrote:
>
> > 0x80070017 -2147024873 - ERROR_CRC
> > Data error (cyclic redundancy check).
> >
> > Clean out your temporary internet files.
> > 0x80070017 relates to a Data error
> >
> >
> > "SOSO" wrote:
> >
> > > All Dec.11/07 updates downloaded and installed except KB942615. Got and
> > > Explorer 7 shutdown error and since cannot download the security update. Get
> > > an istall error 80070017. Any Ideas?
> > > --
> > > SOSO

Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 12-13-2007
SOSO
 

Posts: n/a
RE: KB942615 will not install
Hard drive OK. Have downloaded the update and when run it extracts the files
but goes into a setup error "Not enough storage is available to process this
command" "installation did not complete" ???
--
SOSO


"TaurArian" wrote:

> Have you done any hard disk maintenance lately? Just a thought as the update
> itself maybe sitting on a bad block.
>
> Try downloading the update manually and installing -
> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/r...splayLang= en
>
> K
>
> "SOSO" wrote:
>
> > Have tried that (cleared everything). Still nothing!
> > --
> > SOSO
> >
> >
> > "TaurArian" wrote:
> >
> > > 0x80070017 -2147024873 - ERROR_CRC
> > > Data error (cyclic redundancy check).
> > >
> > > Clean out your temporary internet files.
> > > 0x80070017 relates to a Data error
> > >
> > >
> > > "SOSO" wrote:
> > >
> > > > All Dec.11/07 updates downloaded and installed except KB942615. Got and
> > > > Explorer 7 shutdown error and since cannot download the security update. Get
> > > > an istall error 80070017. Any Ideas?
> > > > --
> > > > SOSO

Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
WARNING: KB942615 may require an extra reboot to apply correctly Bill Drake microsoft.public.windowsupdate 47 01-25-2008 03:52
Erreur mise Ó jour Explorer Vista KB942615 TooBIB microsoft.public.fr.windows.vista.general 2 12-17-2007 12:57
Actualizacion kb942615 Janito microsoft.public.es.windowsvista 3 12-13-2007 22:37
Update error kb942615 vdHerik microsoft.public.microsoft_update_catalog 0 12-12-2007 22:40
Article ID: 934538 You cannot turn on an optional feature, install a Windows update, install a hotfix, or install a language pack on a Windows Vista-based computer KBArticles English 0 10-22-2007 20:00




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 19:43.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120