Re: Code 78F

grofsi

Re: Code 78F

Hi,
I am having the same problem vith vista busines edition (original) and
office 2007 enterprise edition (not original). If i try to instal the
SP1 from the windows update i receive the error code 78F and if i try
to download the file from microsoft page and then install on the end of
instalation i receive the message the program stop working, checking for
solution and thats it.
But on win xp sp2 (not original) i have the same office and install the
sp1 without any problems.
Do anyone have some idea how to install SP1 on vista?

thx in advance,
marjan

--
grofsi
grofsi's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=37165

http://forums.techarena.in

wps

Re: Code 78F
I get same error on XPP SP2 DT. No prob on XPP SP2 NB.

No clue as to cause.

"grofsi" wrote:

> Hi,
> I am having the same problem vith vista busines edition (original) and
> office 2007 enterprise edition (not original). If i try to instal the
> SP1 from the windows update i receive the error code 78F and if i try
> to download the file from microsoft page and then install on the end of
> instalation i receive the message the program stop working, checking for
> solution and thats it.
> But on win xp sp2 (not original) i have the same office and install the
> sp1 without any problems.
> Do anyone have some idea how to install SP1 on vista?
>
> thx in advance,
> marjan
>

> --
> grofsi
> grofsi's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=37165
> View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/showthread.php?t=807017
>
> http://forums.techarena.in

DiverJustin

Re: Code 78F
I've had the same problems loading MS Office Suite SP1 on my laptop which
runs Vista Home Premium. Comes up with installation failed and a 78F error
code.

Any ideas from anyone?

Justin

==================

"wps" wrote:

> I get same error on XPP SP2 DT. No prob on XPP SP2 NB.
>
> No clue as to cause.
>
> "grofsi" wrote:
>

> > Hi,
> > I am having the same problem vith vista busines edition (original) and
> > office 2007 enterprise edition (not original). If i try to instal the
> > SP1 from the windows update i receive the error code 78F and if i try
> > to download the file from microsoft page and then install on the end of
> > instalation i receive the message the program stop working, checking for
> > solution and thats it.
> > But on win xp sp2 (not original) i have the same office and install the
> > sp1 without any problems.
> > Do anyone have some idea how to install SP1 on vista?
> >
> > thx in advance,
> > marjan
> >

> > --
> > grofsi
> > grofsi's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=37165
> > View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/showthread.php?t=807017
> >
> > http://forums.techarena.in

PA Bear

Re: Code 78F
Insert the Office 2007 CD/DVD into the appropriate drive.
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L.ORG http://66.39.69.143/

DiverJustin wrote:
> I've had the same problems loading MS Office Suite SP1 on my laptop which
> runs Vista Home Premium. Comes up with installation failed and a 78F
> error
> code.
>
> Any ideas from anyone?
>
> Justin
>
> ==================
>
> "wps" wrote:
>
>> I get same error on XPP SP2 DT. No prob on XPP SP2 NB.
>>
>> No clue as to cause.
>>
>> "grofsi" wrote:
>>

>>> Hi,
>>> I am having the same problem vith vista busines edition (original) and
>>> office 2007 enterprise edition (not original). If i try to instal the
>>> SP1 from the windows update i receive the error code 78F and if i try
>>> to download the file from microsoft page and then install on the end of
>>> instalation i receive the message the program stop working, checking for
>>> solution and thats it.
>>> But on win xp sp2 (not original) i have the same office and install the
>>> sp1 without any problems.
>>> Do anyone have some idea how to install SP1 on vista?
>>>
>>> thx in advance,
>>> marjan
>>>

>>> --
>>> grofsi
>>> grofsi's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=37165
>>> View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/showthread.php?t=807017
>>>
>>> http://forums.techarena.in

DiverJustin

Re: Code 78F
Thanks. Tried this but the same thing happened and I got the 78F error.
Should I have done anything with the MS Office disk, apart from just put it
in the CD/DVD drive?

Justin

===================

"PA Bear" wrote:

> Insert the Office 2007 CD/DVD into the appropriate drive.
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
> DTS-L.ORG http://66.39.69.143/
>
> DiverJustin wrote:
> > I've had the same problems loading MS Office Suite SP1 on my laptop which
> > runs Vista Home Premium. Comes up with installation failed and a 78F
> > error
> > code.
> >
> > Any ideas from anyone?
> >
> > Justin
> >
> > ==================
> >
> > "wps" wrote:
> >
> >> I get same error on XPP SP2 DT. No prob on XPP SP2 NB.
> >>
> >> No clue as to cause.

PA Bear

Re: Code 78F
[Crosspost to Office Update newsgroup]

No, you did what you were supposed to do.

Did Office 2007 come preinstalled on the machine when you bought it?

Can you download it (save to your desktop, don't Run it) and then install it
manually OK?
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...7-25da01f388f5
--
~PA Bear

DiverJustin wrote:
> Thanks. Tried this but the same thing happened and I got the 78F error.
> Should I have done anything with the MS Office disk, apart from just put
> it
> in the CD/DVD drive?
>
> Justin
>
> ===================
>
> "PA Bear" wrote:
>
>> Insert the Office 2007 CD/DVD into the appropriate drive.
>> --
>> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
>> DTS-L.ORG http://66.39.69.143/
>>
>> DiverJustin wrote:
>>> I've had the same problems loading MS Office Suite SP1 on my laptop
>>> which
>>> runs Vista Home Premium. Comes up with installation failed and a 78F
>>> error code.

Jupiter Jones [MVP]

Re: Code 78F
Have you solved the 78f error yet?
If not have you tried with the Office 2007 DVD in each of your DVD
drives?
Insert the Office 2007 in the drive before going to Microsoft/Windows
Update.
Then start Windows/Microsoft Update.

If you still have problems, can you contact me at the "E-Mail Me" on
this page:
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/feedback.htm
I may be able to point you to a resolution.

If you are not having the 78f error, this does not apply.

--
Jupiter Jones [MVP]

"grofsi" <grofsi.31i1rf@DoNotSpam.com> wrote in message

> Hi,
> I am having the same problem vith vista busines edition (original)
> and
> office 2007 enterprise edition (not original). If i try to instal
> the
> SP1 from the windows update i receive the error code 78F and if i
> try
> to download the file from microsoft page and then install on the end
> of
> instalation i receive the message the program stop working, checking
> for
> solution and thats it.
> But on win xp sp2 (not original) i have the same office and install
> the
> sp1 without any problems.
> Do anyone have some idea how to install SP1 on vista?
>
> thx in advance,
> marjan
>

> --
> grofsi
> grofsi's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=37165
> View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/showthread.php?t=807017
>
> http://forums.techarena.in

Jupiter Jones [MVP]

Re: Code 78F
Justin;
Have you solved the 78f error yet?
If not have you tried with the Office 2007 DVD in each of your DVD
drives?
Insert the Office 2007 in the drive before going to Microsoft/Windows
Update.
Then start Windows/Microsoft Update.

If you still have problems, can you contact me at the "E-Mail Me" on
this page:
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/feedback.htm
I may be able to point you to a resolution.
If you drop the "1" it will get to me a little faster.

"DiverJustin" <DiverJustin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Thanks. Tried this but the same thing happened and I got the 78F
> error.
> Should I have done anything with the MS Office disk, apart from just
> put it
> in the CD/DVD drive?
>
> Justin

Pete Starrett

Re: Code 78F
For what it's worth, This solution worked for me.

There was mention made of using some 3rd party Reg cleaner possibly causing
the problem.

I have used CCleaner on this machine running Vista Ultimate W/Office 2007
Pro. I also have another machine running Vista Home Premium W/ Office 2007
Standard. I have used CCleaner on that machine as well. SP1 installed
correctly on that computer.

It might be interesting to note that during the install process for the
failed update, a virus scan initiated itself and caused the system to freeze,
requiring a system restart.
From that point on it was not possible to successfully install The SP1 update.
The virus scanner is AVG.

It's purely conjecture on my part, however it seems that disabling AV during
an update or install still holds true.

Thanks again for your solution,

Pete

"Jupiter Jones [MVP]" wrote:

> Justin;
> Have you solved the 78f error yet?
> If not have you tried with the Office 2007 DVD in each of your DVD
> drives?
> Insert the Office 2007 in the drive before going to Microsoft/Windows
> Update.
> Then start Windows/Microsoft Update.
>
> If you still have problems, can you contact me at the "E-Mail Me" on
> this page:
> http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/feedback.htm
> I may be able to point you to a resolution.
> If you drop the "1" it will get to me a little faster.
>
> If you are not having the 78f error, this does not apply.
>
> --
> Jupiter Jones [MVP]
> http://www3.telus.net/dandemar
>

> "DiverJustin" <DiverJustin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Thanks. Tried this but the same thing happened and I got the 78F
> > error.
> > Should I have done anything with the MS Office disk, apart from just
> > put it
> > in the CD/DVD drive?
> >
> > Justin

erich

Re: Code 78F
i had the same problem
id just manually downloaded but id switch off avast before
and it is ok