Vista update - Crash - cannot restart

Emergent Design

Vista update - Crash - cannot restart

Total noob here.

Installed the updates from Tuesday. Restarted...and won't restart...get a
brief blue screen and then it goes straight to restart and then asking me if
I want to start in safe mode.

I did...and used the system restore...everything good to go.

I don't even know where to start or what to look for...could someone point
me in a direction?

Thanks
cybergon

Re: Vista update - Crash - cannot restart

i got that prob after installin sp1 for vista ultimate. had to reinstall
though, no way around this as far as i know

--
cybergon
cybergon's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=48434

http://forums.techarena.in

FroKo

Re: Vista update - Crash - cannot restart

HI,

had the same issue - insert the Vista-Installation-CD and try to
repair. It perfectly worked fine on my machine and removed the crappy
patch. Machine works fine again.

cheers

--
FroKo
FroKo's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?u=52192
View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/showthread.php?t=870280

http://forums.techarena.in

Skooch

Re: Vista update - Crash - cannot restart
same happened to me. BUT the auto repair on the Vista-Installation-CD Didn't
work for me...grrrrr

so I had to re-install it all over again. and everything else (not happy
here) still loading stuff back onto the puter

"FroKo" wrote:

> HI,
>
> had the same issue - insert the Vista-Installation-CD and try to
> repair. It perfectly worked fine on my machine and removed the crappy
> patch. Machine works fine again.
>
> cheers
>

> --
> FroKo
> FroKo's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?u=52192
> View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/showthread.php?t=870280
>
> http://forums.techarena.in

vuser

Re: Vista update - Crash - cannot restart

I did the same thing, used the disk to repair. Next time I shut down it
installed again even though I checked ask before intalling. This has
happened several times. My computer is extreemly slow now and I have
problems getting into other programs. I ran my antivirus, malious
software removal and am still getting the update that I don't want. Does
anyone know exactly which update is doing this?
I don't get the blue screen, I just get windows failed to start insert
operating disk and repair which I did but it keeps happening

--
vuser
vuser's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/vuser.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

wahlchri224

Re: Vista update - Crash - cannot restart

- know exactly how you feel, just two days ago, my wife's acer laptop
did the exact same thing, I tried the backup but the crash corrupted my
entire boot sector, including the recovery partition. I had to send it
back to acer for warranty repair and lost all of mine and my wife's
school work.

In order to read the blue screen, you have to press f8 at the first
startup screen, and continue to to push f8 until an advanced menu comes
up. Select the option that says (disable automatic restart on system
error.) After this you should come to the blue screen. Every time you
want to see the blue screen, just repeat these steps.

I hope this helps,

Chris.

--
wahlchri224
wahlchri224's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/wahlchri224.htm
View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/windows-update/870280.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

vuser

Re: Vista update - Crash - cannot restart

I ended up having to completely reinstall windows vista with a "clean
install" I lost all of my school work, pictures of my granddaughter and
some much more than I can replace. I also bought a system registry
cleaner and ran it and found 476 registry errors! I have since had no
more trouble...