Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

Microsoft Update: Office 2007 SP1? I have Office XP!

microsoft.public.windowsupdate






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 12-12-2007
gfm
 

Posts: n/a
Microsoft Update: Office 2007 SP1? I have Office XP!
The list of "High-priority updates" that appeared yesterday includes a
50.1MB SP1 update for Microsoft Office 2007. Problem is, I'm running Office
XP (SP3). The "Details..." also mention that the same update applies to
"Expression Web" and "Visual Web Developer", neither of which are on my
Windows XP (SP2) system.

I've relegated this update to "hidden" status for the time being. All of
the other updates ran just fine.

So far, I have not seen any comments about this happening to anyone else.
Any ideas?

gfm


Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 12-12-2007
Gis Bun
 

Posts: n/a
RE: Microsoft Update: Office 2007 SP1? I have Office XP!
Got the compatiblity pack? SP1 is larger than 50 MB.

"gfm" wrote:

> The list of "High-priority updates" that appeared yesterday includes a
> 50.1MB SP1 update for Microsoft Office 2007. Problem is, I'm running Office
> XP (SP3). The "Details..." also mention that the same update applies to
> "Expression Web" and "Visual Web Developer", neither of which are on my
> Windows XP (SP2) system.
>
> I've relegated this update to "hidden" status for the time being. All of
> the other updates ran just fine.
>
> So far, I have not seen any comments about this happening to anyone else.
> Any ideas?
>
> gfm
>
>
>

Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 12-12-2007
gfm
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Microsoft Update: Office 2007 SP1? I have Office XP!
The only "compatilbility pack" I could find was for Office 2007. I don't
have that version - I don't even have Office 2003 - I have Office XP SP3,
which until yesterday was fully updated according to the Microsoft Update
site.

Now the Microsoft Update site is offering me SP1 for Office 2007 - which is
listed at 50.1MB exactly. It may well download further data during
installation. I'm not going to test that theory. FWIW, I did get the seven
or eight Windows XP updates yesterday and installed them without incident.
The Office update is now (still) hidden, with the admonishment that I'm
risking system security by ignoring an important update.

The latest update available for Office XP at
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/do...198771033.aspx is a
security update dated 10/6/2006. Nothing from yesterday.

It seems more like some kind of false positive in the detection algorithm.

gfm


Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 12-12-2007
gfm
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Microsoft Update: Office 2007 SP1? I have Office XP!
I should also mention that I'm getting the same Office 2007 SP1 "offer" on
three different systems (with three different product keys) - all running
Windows XP SP2 and Office XP SP3 - two have IE7 installed and one still runs
IE6.

gfm


Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 12-12-2007
Jupiter Jones [MVP]
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Microsoft Update: Office 2007 SP1? I have Office XP!
The Compatibility Pack is probably the reason.
Post in an Office newsgroup for more details:
http://aumha.org/nntp.htm

--
Jupiter Jones [MVP]
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar



"gfm" <nospam@none.com> wrote in message
news:vIY7j.3469$1p.813@trndny01...
> The only "compatilbility pack" I could find was for Office 2007. I
> don't have that version - I don't even have Office 2003 - I have
> Office XP SP3, which until yesterday was fully updated according to
> the Microsoft Update site.
>
> Now the Microsoft Update site is offering me SP1 for Office 2007 -
> which is listed at 50.1MB exactly. It may well download further
> data during installation. I'm not going to test that theory. FWIW,
> I did get the seven or eight Windows XP updates yesterday and
> installed them without incident. The Office update is now (still)
> hidden, with the admonishment that I'm risking system security by
> ignoring an important update.
>
> The latest update available for Office XP at
> http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/do...198771033.aspx is a
> security update dated 10/6/2006. Nothing from yesterday.
>
> It seems more like some kind of false positive in the detection
> algorithm.
>
> gfm


Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 12-13-2007
PA Bear
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Microsoft Update: Office 2007 SP1? I have Office XP!
Forwarded to Office Update newsgroup via crosspost.
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
MS MVP-Windows (IE, OE, Security, Shell/User)
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L.ORG http://66.39.69.143/

gfm wrote:
> The list of "High-priority updates" that appeared yesterday includes a
> 50.1MB SP1 update for Microsoft Office 2007. Problem is, I'm running
> Office
> XP (SP3). The "Details..." also mention that the same update applies to
> "Expression Web" and "Visual Web Developer", neither of which are on my
> Windows XP (SP2) system.
>
> I've relegated this update to "hidden" status for the time being. All of
> the other updates ran just fine.
>
> So far, I have not seen any comments about this happening to anyone else.
> Any ideas?
>
> gfm


Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 12-13-2007
gfm
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Microsoft Update: Office 2007 SP1? I have Office XP!
Thanks - I finally found this newsgroup on the Microsoft News Server...

gfm


Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 12-13-2007
Peter Foldes
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Microsoft Update: Office 2007 SP1? I have Office XP!
gfm

That is because you have probably downloaded some Office 2007 compatibility pack. Just ignore or mark the download to be hidden

--
Peter

Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others
Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged.

"gfm" <nospam@none.com> wrote in message news:u4E$k4RPIHA.1168@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
> Thanks - I finally found this newsgroup on the Microsoft News Server...
>
> gfm
>
>

Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
about office 2007 sp1 update online LGM microsoft.public.windowsupdate 52 04-06-2008 16:10
Windows Update: Office 2007 SP1: Error: 57C Per Nermo microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance maintenance 0 12-20-2007 10:40
Office 2007 SP1 Update Availability BlogFeed Windows Vista Blogs Forum 0 12-13-2007 14:30
Microsoft Office 2007 SP1 Released BlogFeed Windows Vista Blogs Forum 0 12-12-2007 02:10
Microsoft to deliver Office 2007 SP1 early BlogFeed Windows Vista Blogs Forum 0 12-05-2007 13:22




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 00:14.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120