Bluescreen Tuesday

Sadface

Bluescreen Tuesday
I came home late last night to see the yellow shield, I told it to go ahead
and install while I was in the shower and said Yes to restarting when I came
back. I've gotten a bluescreen ever since. I've shown no viruses or spyware,
I've tried going to the Windows Update site but the page cannont display when
I select, Custom, Express, Review Update History, etc. No updates display in
the Add/Remove Programs list with any date on them from this month, and I've
tried using System Restore to go back to the end of last month all with no
success. If anyone knows how to get me out of Safe Mode City, please help.
Sadface

RE: Bluescreen Tuesday
Windows XP, Page_Fault_in_Nonpaged_Area
***Stop:0x00000050 (0xABE52078, 0x00000000, 0x8A0A1077, 0x00000000)
Robert Aldwinckle

Re: Bluescreen Tuesday
(cross-post added to XP Performance & Maintenance)
"Sadface" <Sadface@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Windows XP, Page_Fault_in_Nonpaged_Area
> ***Stop:0x00000050 (0xABE52078, 0x00000000, 0x8A0A1077, 0x00000000)

Try to see if there is a module associated with that third address,
e.g. perhaps loading at 0x8A0A0000. Try booting in safe mode
and if that doesn't avoid this symptom try booting with a VGA boot option
if you have one. For example, this article gives one the idea that the code
is often associated with incompatible or broken video drivers:

<title>STOP: 0x00000050 Page_Fault_In_Non-Paged_Area Error After Installing Service Pack 1 (SP1)</title>
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/329293

(Live Search for
XP STOP 0x00000050 site:support.microsoft.com
)

BTW this symptom really has nothing to do with WU
so you would probably do better looking for help in a newsgroup
which supports your OS specifically. Cross-posting for convenience.

Good luck

Robert Aldwinckle
---

Gerry

Re: Bluescreen Tuesday
Sadface

Background information on Stop Error message

http://aumha.org/a/stop.htm

As you can boot your computer back up your data files as these type of
errors cannot rapidly degenerate and your computer become incapable of
being booted.

Have you made any recent hardware changes?

What is your computer make and model?

What precisely is your system CD?

Open Disk Defragmenter and click on Analyse. Select View Report and
click on Save As and Save. Now find VolumeC.txt in your My Documents
Folder and post a copy. Do this before running Disk Defragmenter as it
is more informative.

Select Start, All Programs, Accessories, System Tools, Disk CleanUp to
Empty your Recycle Bin and Remove Temporary Internet Files. Also
select Start, All Programs, accessories, System Tools, Disk CleanUp,
More Options, System Restore and remove all but the latest System
Restore point. Run Disk Defragmenter.

Try running HD Tune(freeware).

Download and run it and see what it turns up.
http://www.hdtune.com/

Select the Info tabs and place the cursor on the drive under Drive
letter and then double click the two page icon ( copy to Clipboard )
and copy into a further message.

Select the Health tab and then double click the two page icon ( copy to
Clipboard ) and copy into a further message. You can also do a full
surface scan with HD Tune.

Please post copies of all Error and Warning Reports appearing in
the System and Application logs in Event Viewer for the last boot. No
Information Reports or Duplicates please. Indicate which also appear in
a previous boot.

You can access Event Viewer by selecting Start, Control Panel,
Administrative Tools, and Event Viewer. When researching the meaning
of the error, information regarding Event ID, Source and Description
are important.

A tip for posting copies of Error Reports! Run Event Viewer and double
click on the error you want to copy. In the window, which appears is a
button resembling two pages. Click the button and close Event
Viewer.Now start your message (email) and do a paste into the body of
the message. Make sure this is the first paste after exiting from
Event Viewer.

Are there any yellow question marks in Device Manager? Right click on
the My Computer icon on your Desktop and select Properties,
Hardware,Device Manager. If yes what is the Device Error code?

Dust inside the computer casing can cause overheating and result in this
type of error. Take the casing off and use an Air Duster to clean. Also
check that all fans are working.

How many RAM sticks make up your
installed memory?". It is likely that you have more than one and if so
this offers a simple way to check for faulty memory. Open the computer
casing and carefully remove one memory card (stick) from it's slot and
run the computer with it removed to see whether you get a Stop Error.
Repeat the process putting the first memory card back in and removing
the second memory card and test that card. Make sure you allow
sufficient time for an error to occur. When removing the card you will
need to lift a retaining clip each end of the memory card to allow it to
be removed. Take great care not to touch the motherboard. You can also
get an Anti-Static wrist band from a computer store to prevent a static
electricity discharge from you damaging the motherboard.
http://www.ehow.com/how_895_install-ram.html

Another way to test memory is described in this link:
http://www.elephantboycomputers.com/...ardware_Tshoot

http://www.technibble.com/how-to-diagnose-bad-ram/

Another remedy is to run chkdsk. Start, Run, type "cmd" without quotes
and hit ENTER, type "cd\" and and hit ENTER, type "chkdsk /f /r" and
and hit ENTER. Say Yes to running at next boot and type "exit" and hit
ENTER. Restart the computer. This measure can fix NTFS problems but it
can also corrupt the NTFS file system. This is why I have left it to
last. You need to get all the information you can about your computer
problems before you try this solution. It helps to know what the problem
may or may not be if you end up having to reinstall the operating
system. If you do not carry out these checks you can end up with the
same problems having reinstalled the operating system and all that
entails.

--

Hope this helps.

Gerry
~~~~
FCA
Stourport, England
Enquire, plan and execute
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sadface wrote:
> Windows XP, Page_Fault_in_Nonpaged_Area
> ***Stop:0x00000050 (0xABE52078, 0x00000000, 0x8A0A1077, 0x00000000)

nass

Re: Bluescreen Tuesday

"Robert Aldwinckle" wrote:

> (cross-post added to XP Performance & Maintenance)
> "Sadface" <Sadface@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Windows XP, Page_Fault_in_Nonpaged_Area
> > ***Stop:0x00000050 (0xABE52078, 0x00000000, 0x8A0A1077, 0x00000000)

> Try to see if there is a module associated with that third address,
> e.g. perhaps loading at 0x8A0A0000. Try booting in safe mode
> and if that doesn't avoid this symptom try booting with a VGA boot option
> if you have one. For example, this article gives one the idea that the code
> is often associated with incompatible or broken video drivers:
>
> <title>STOP: 0x00000050 Page_Fault_In_Non-Paged_Area Error After Installing Service Pack 1 (SP1)</title>
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/329293
>
> (Live Search for
> XP STOP 0x00000050 site:support.microsoft.com
> )
>
> BTW this symptom really has nothing to do with WU
> so you would probably do better looking for help in a newsgroup
> which supports your OS specifically. Cross-posting for convenience.
>

> Good luck
>
> Robert Aldwinckle
> ---

Does this happen if you start with Clean boot or in safe mode?.
How to perform a clean boot in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=310353
A description of the Safe Mode Boot options in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/315222/en-us

This always refer to a bad Hardware/driver installed.
Try the Last good known Configuration to log into the system, then open
Device manager and see if there is any malfunctioining Devices or conflict in
IRQ, also look in the Event Viewer for error message and post them back in
your next post.
Read this articles and see, but how did you get rid of the Contra?.

Open a run command and type in these commands to see if there is a conflict
in /among drivers :
pstat.exe click [OK]
dmpchck.exe click [OK]
What you get from running this commands?.

Damaged Font Causes STOP 0x00000050 Error Message in the Win32k.sys File in
Windows 2000
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/319965
The HaxDoor virus may cause a "STOP 0x00000050" or "STOP 0x0000008e" error
message
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/903251
Error Message: STOP 0x00000050 (0xffffffe0, 0x00000001, 0xf30da010,
0x00000000) PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/817197
Easy CD Creator 5.0 does not function in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/310628
Use the command chkdsk /r with recovery console:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314058
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/326215
DMA Mode for ATA/ATAPI Devices in Windows XP
http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/device...e/IDE-DMA.mspx
How to enable 48-bit Logical Block Addressing support for ATAPI disk drives
in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/303013

Try to use the Verifier.exe command to see which Drivers not Verified on
your system:
How to Use Driver Verifier to Troubleshoot Windows Drivers
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/244617/en-us
Example on the error code:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/174232

Youcould do a repair install, and then test.
HTH.
nass
----
http://www.nasstec.co.uk

Jonas -

Me too
I got the same problem, exactly!
Did the same update, rebooted and bluescreen!

Help!

http://www.eggheadcafe.com
scared of bluescreen

RE: Me too (um three??)

I got it too this morning!

Please help!

"Jonas -" wrote:

> I got the same problem, exactly!
> Did the same update, rebooted and bluescreen!
>
> Help!
>
> EggHeadCafe - .NET Developer Portal of Choice
> http://www.eggheadcafe.com

Gerry

Re: Me too
Jonas

Which operating system?

Try this. What happens? Do you get a Stop Error message you can post?

Disable automatic restart on system failure. This should help by
allowing time to write down the STOP code properly. Right click on
the My Computer icon on the Desktop and select Properties, Advanced,
Start-Up and Recovery, System Failure and uncheck box before
Automatically Restart.

Do not re-enable automatic restart on system failure until you have
resolved the problem. Check for variants of the Stop Error message.

An alternative is to keep pressing the F8 key during Start-Up and select
option - Disable automatic restart on system failure.

If you are using a wireless keyboard and the F8 key does not work
substitute a wired keyboard and mouse for this exercise only.

What is your system CD as it is described on the face of the CD?

--

Hope this helps.

Gerry
~~~~