quick flickering ..and one color display screen

allure

quick flickering ..and one color display screen
Hello i hope someone could be of any help to me.

I have noticed lately that while iam working on my laptop suddenly the
screen display turns to one color sometimes white or at other times black or
other color one full color ... and i cannot get out of this state unless i
reboot from the main switch then everything is back to normal ...plus at
times a sudden very quick flicker occures very quick one
but this has been happening lately with me more than 5 times now .... can
anyone tell me what could it be please????could it be from the updates ???
any solutions

MowGreen [MVP]

Re: quick flickering ..and one color display screen
Did it flicker prior to installing the updates ?
Which version of Windows, please ?
Was the system rebooted after the updates were installed ?

MowGreen [MVP 2003-2008]
===============
*-343-* FDNY
Never Forgotten
===============

allure wrote:

> Hello i hope someone could be of any help to me.
>
> I have noticed lately that while iam working on my laptop suddenly the
> screen display turns to one color sometimes white or at other times black or
> other color one full color ... and i cannot get out of this state unless i
> reboot from the main switch then everything is back to normal ...plus at
> times a sudden very quick flicker occures very quick one
> but this has been happening lately with me more than 5 times now .... can
> anyone tell me what could it be please????could it be from the updates ???
> any solutions

realcestmoi

Re: quick flickering ..and one color display screen
Hi there,

Check the refresh frequency of your graphics adapter it might be set to
high.

Best regards,
Michel Denie

"allure" <allure@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello i hope someone could be of any help to me.
>
> I have noticed lately that while iam working on my laptop suddenly the
> screen display turns to one color sometimes white or at other times black
> or
> other color one full color ... and i cannot get out of this state unless i
> reboot from the main switch then everything is back to normal ...plus at
> times a sudden very quick flicker occures very quick one
> but this has been happening lately with me more than 5 times now .... can
> anyone tell me what could it be please????could it be from the updates ???
> any solutions

allure

Re: quick flickering ..and one color display screen
no it didnt start the flickering after the updates immediately... i always do
the updates of windows as its set to automatic i am just presumming could it
be .. i am on window xp ...yes the system at times ask me to reboot after the
updates... my question is could some updates cause this ? and if yes how
would i know which of them ? usually i go for the high priority updates not
the custom ones ?

"MowGreen [MVP]" wrote:

> Did it flicker prior to installing the updates ?
> Which version of Windows, please ?
> Was the system rebooted after the updates were installed ?
>

> MowGreen [MVP 2003-2008]
> ===============
> *-343-* FDNY
> Never Forgotten
> ===============
>

> allure wrote:
>
> > Hello i hope someone could be of any help to me.
> >
> > I have noticed lately that while iam working on my laptop suddenly the
> > screen display turns to one color sometimes white or at other times black or
> > other color one full color ... and i cannot get out of this state unless i
> > reboot from the main switch then everything is back to normal ...plus at
> > times a sudden very quick flicker occures very quick one
> > but this has been happening lately with me more than 5 times now .... can
> > anyone tell me what could it be please????could it be from the updates ???
> > any solutions

allure

Re: quick flickering ..and one color display screen
hello michel ...tks 4 yr respones
first where shall i find this refresh frequency adapter to check it ??
and when i do what is the normal frequency that it should be on just so i
know when i check it pls????

"realcestmoi" wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> Check the refresh frequency of your graphics adapter it might be set to
> high.
>
> Best regards,
> Michel Denie
>
> "allure" <allure@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hello i hope someone could be of any help to me.
> >
> > I have noticed lately that while iam working on my laptop suddenly the
> > screen display turns to one color sometimes white or at other times black
> > or
> > other color one full color ... and i cannot get out of this state unless i
> > reboot from the main switch then everything is back to normal ...plus at
> > times a sudden very quick flicker occures very quick one
> > but this has been happening lately with me more than 5 times now .... can
> > anyone tell me what could it be please????could it be from the updates ???
> > any solutions

realcestmoi

Re: quick flickering ..and one color display screen
Hello,

You should have a manual with your notebook to see how to set the refresh
rate on the graphics adapter and what refresh rates are supported for the
TFT screen.

If not: go to the manufactures website and look up your notebook
specifications and /or manual.

Setting the refresh rate:

right click on an empty spot on the desktop envirionement and right mouse
click, in the menu opened choose: properties than choose settings in the
upper right corner and than choose the advanced tab, than the tab monitor
and look at the screen refresh rate window, clicking on the triangle enables
you to change the screen refresh rate from the drop down menu. A too high
setting might give damage!

> hello michel ...tks 4 yr respones
> first where shall i find this refresh frequency adapter to check it ??
> and when i do what is the normal frequency that it should be on just so i
> know when i check it pls????
>
> "realcestmoi" wrote:
>
>> Hi there,
>>
>> Check the refresh frequency of your graphics adapter it might be set to
>> high.
>>
>> Best regards,
>> Michel Denie
>>
>> "allure" <allure@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Hello i hope someone could be of any help to me.
>> >
>> > I have noticed lately that while iam working on my laptop suddenly the
>> > screen display turns to one color sometimes white or at other times
>> > black
>> > or
>> > other color one full color ... and i cannot get out of this state
>> > unless i
>> > reboot from the main switch then everything is back to normal ...plus
>> > at
>> > times a sudden very quick flicker occures very quick one
>> > but this has been happening lately with me more than 5 times now ....
>> > can
>> > anyone tell me what could it be please????could it be from the updates
>> > ???
>> > any solutions

allure

Re: quick flickering ..and one color display screen
well its set on 60 hrtz since i bought it its that way never played with the
setting

"realcestmoi" wrote:

> Hello,
>
> You should have a manual with your notebook to see how to set the refresh
> rate on the graphics adapter and what refresh rates are supported for the
> TFT screen.
>
> If not: go to the manufactures website and look up your notebook
> specifications and /or manual.
>
> Setting the refresh rate:
>
> right click on an empty spot on the desktop envirionement and right mouse
> click, in the menu opened choose: properties than choose settings in the
> upper right corner and than choose the advanced tab, than the tab monitor
> and look at the screen refresh rate window, clicking on the triangle enables
> you to change the screen refresh rate from the drop down menu. A too high
> setting might give damage!
>
> Best regards,
> Michel Denie
>

> "allure" <allure@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > hello michel ...tks 4 yr respones
> > first where shall i find this refresh frequency adapter to check it ??
> > and when i do what is the normal frequency that it should be on just so i
> > know when i check it pls????
> >
> > "realcestmoi" wrote:
> >
> >> Hi there,
> >>
> >> Check the refresh frequency of your graphics adapter it might be set to
> >> high.
> >>
> >> Best regards,
> >> Michel Denie

allure

Re: quick flickering ..and one color display screen

well its set on 60hrts was like this since i bought it never played with
the settings before

"realcestmoi" wrote:

> Hello,
>
> You should have a manual with your notebook to see how to set the refresh
> rate on the graphics adapter and what refresh rates are supported for the
> TFT screen.
>
> If not: go to the manufactures website and look up your notebook
> specifications and /or manual.
>
> Setting the refresh rate:
>
> right click on an empty spot on the desktop envirionement and right mouse
> click, in the menu opened choose: properties than choose settings in the
> upper right corner and than choose the advanced tab, than the tab monitor
> and look at the screen refresh rate window, clicking on the triangle enables
> you to change the screen refresh rate from the drop down menu. A too high
> setting might give damage!
>
> Best regards,
> Michel Denie
>

> "allure" <allure@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > hello michel ...tks 4 yr respones
> > first where shall i find this refresh frequency adapter to check it ??
> > and when i do what is the normal frequency that it should be on just so i
> > know when i check it pls????
> >
> > "realcestmoi" wrote:
> >
> >> Hi there,
> >>
> >> Check the refresh frequency of your graphics adapter it might be set to
> >> high.
> >>
> >> Best regards,
> >> Michel Denie

realcestmoi

Re: quick flickering ..and one color display screen
Hello there,

If the manual says 60 Hertz is okay than leave it be.

Try rolling back on the display adapter and see if that helps.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/283657.

> well its set on 60hrts was like this since i bought it never played with
> the settings before
>

> "realcestmoi" wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> You should have a manual with your notebook to see how to set the refresh
>> rate on the graphics adapter and what refresh rates are supported for the
>> TFT screen.
>>
>> If not: go to the manufactures website and look up your notebook
>> specifications and /or manual.
>>
>> Setting the refresh rate:
>>
>> right click on an empty spot on the desktop envirionement and right mouse
>> click, in the menu opened choose: properties than choose settings in the
>> upper right corner and than choose the advanced tab, than the tab monitor
>> and look at the screen refresh rate window, clicking on the triangle
>> enables
>> you to change the screen refresh rate from the drop down menu. A too
>> high
>> setting might give damage!
>>
>> Best regards,
>> Michel Denie
>>

>> "allure" <allure@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > hello michel ...tks 4 yr respones
>> > first where shall i find this refresh frequency adapter to check it ??
>> > and when i do what is the normal frequency that it should be on just so
>> > know when i check it pls????

MowGreen [MVP]

Re: quick flickering ..and one color display screen
Fastest way to find out which updates Automatically installed is to go
to Start > Run > copy and paste the below into the Open: line

%windir%\softwaredistribution\reportingevents.log

Click OK or press Enter
The ReportingEvents.log will now be open.
Scroll all the way down towards the bottom of the log.

After a number in a bracket, which will look like this -
{09295CB5-B8C0-49F3-8BC1-E253885CF1B9}
the date is listed. Look for the date the updates were installed on and
the update's name and KB number. Here's the entry from the log on my
system showing the December 2007 cumulative time zone update was installed:

103 0 AutomaticUpdates Success Content Install Installation Successful:
Windows successfully installed the following update: Update for Windows
XP (KB942763)

Copy and paste all of the updates that were installed when the system
was last updated, please.

The issue may be totally unrelated to any update installed. We'll soon
find out, eh ? <w>

MowGreen [MVP 2003-2008]
*-343-* FDNY
Never Forgotten