Update for Windows Vista (KB942763) returns error 80070643

Timothy G.

Update for Windows Vista (KB942763) returns error 80070643
Update pertains to revised Daylight Savings Time laws in many countries.
Error solution directs to switch Office Source Engine (OSE) to Automatic
(Delayed Start) in Microsoft Management Console. Do not have any Microsoft
Office products installed. Have tried updating several times to no avail.
Tried manually downloading from MS web site to no avail. All other updates
install no problems. System adjusted to new time change dates just fine in
beginning of November. Systems says will adjust second Sunday in March as
per Energy Policy Act of 2005. Other forum and newsgroup discussions refer
to Windows Live Toolbar which is not installed. Please advise.
Omega X

Re: Update for Windows Vista (KB942763) returns error 80070643
Timothy G. wrote:
> Update pertains to revised Daylight Savings Time laws in many countries.
> Error solution directs to switch Office Source Engine (OSE) to Automatic
> (Delayed Start) in Microsoft Management Console. Do not have any Microsoft
> Office products installed. Have tried updating several times to no avail.
> Tried manually downloading from MS web site to no avail. All other updates
> install no problems. System adjusted to new time change dates just fine in
> beginning of November. Systems says will adjust second Sunday in March as
> per Energy Policy Act of 2005. Other forum and newsgroup discussions refer
> to Windows Live Toolbar which is not installed. Please advise.

I got the exact same error.

Manually updating doesn't work either.
CassMori

"Timothy G." wrote:

> Update pertains to revised Daylight Savings Time laws in many countries.
> Error solution directs to switch Office Source Engine (OSE) to Automatic
> (Delayed Start) in Microsoft Management Console. Do not have any Microsoft
> Office products installed. Have tried updating several times to no avail.
> Tried manually downloading from MS web site to no avail. All other updates
> install no problems. System adjusted to new time change dates just fine in
> beginning of November. Systems says will adjust second Sunday in March as
> per Energy Policy Act of 2005. Other forum and newsgroup discussions refer
> to Windows Live Toolbar which is not installed. Please advise.

I have the same problem, also tried several times & downloaded manually -
however, I do have Office Home & Student 2007 installed. I tried the
directions in the help file, but still no luck.
Shawn Trent

KB942763 problem in XP too.
It would seem that this update also causes issues with certain applications under Windows XP. The update did not appear to have any errors as it installed automatically while I was away from work. However when I attempted to run CorelDraw version 9 (Compatibility mode Windows 98) it came up with an error "SmartHeap Library:. MEM_BAD_POINTER" and would not load the program. I know it was working perfectly prior to the update. I was able to get it to run by clicking OK about 30 times until it started but that is not acceptable. When I saw this thread I decided to uninstall KB942763 since it was the only System update and the rest were just misc security patches that had no bearing. When I restarted after uninstalling I had absolutely no problem opening Corel. Maybe this will shed some light on what other problems this patch may have caused.

-Shawn

http://www.eggheadcafe.com
martin_l_77084

"CassMori" wrote:

> "Timothy G." wrote:
>
> > Update pertains to revised Daylight Savings Time laws in many countries.
> > Error solution directs to switch Office Source Engine (OSE) to Automatic
> > (Delayed Start) in Microsoft Management Console. Do not have any Microsoft
> > Office products installed. Have tried updating several times to no avail.
> > Tried manually downloading from MS web site to no avail. All other updates
> > install no problems. System adjusted to new time change dates just fine in
> > beginning of November. Systems says will adjust second Sunday in March as
> > per Energy Policy Act of 2005. Other forum and newsgroup discussions refer
> > to Windows Live Toolbar which is not installed. Please advise.

> I have the same problem, also tried several times & downloaded manually -
> however, I do have Office Home & Student 2007 installed. I tried the
> directions in the help file, but still no luck.

martin_l_77084

RE: Update for Windows Vista (KB942763) returns error 80070643
I have the same problem.

"CassMori" wrote:

> "Timothy G." wrote:
>
> > Update pertains to revised Daylight Savings Time laws in many countries.
> > Error solution directs to switch Office Source Engine (OSE) to Automatic
> > (Delayed Start) in Microsoft Management Console. Do not have any Microsoft
> > Office products installed. Have tried updating several times to no avail.
> > Tried manually downloading from MS web site to no avail. All other updates
> > install no problems. System adjusted to new time change dates just fine in
> > beginning of November. Systems says will adjust second Sunday in March as
> > per Energy Policy Act of 2005. Other forum and newsgroup discussions refer
> > to Windows Live Toolbar which is not installed. Please advise.

> I have the same problem, also tried several times & downloaded manually -
> however, I do have Office Home & Student 2007 installed. I tried the
> directions in the help file, but still no luck.

matthew steward

Re: Update for Windows Vista (KB942763) returns error 80070643
I have Vista Home Edition, with Comodo Firewall 3 and Spywareterminator
Resident protection. I have the same problem too. I tried to install
manually too with no success. I have Microsoft Office 2002 XP and their
telling me about Microsoft Office 2003... I don't understand. Waiting for
the Microsoft team to correct their error here as soon as they can. For now,
I've masked this update in Windows Update.
"martin_l_77084" <martinl77084@discussions.microsoft.com> a écrit dans le
message de news:B259D7C8-725E-43CD-9CF0-D5CABFE70400@microsoft.com...
>I have the same problem.
>

> "CassMori" wrote:
>

>> "Timothy G." wrote:
>>
>> > Update pertains to revised Daylight Savings Time laws in many
>> > countries.
>> > Error solution directs to switch Office Source Engine (OSE) to
>> > Automatic
>> > (Delayed Start) in Microsoft Management Console. Do not have any
>> > Microsoft
>> > Office products installed. Have tried updating several times to no
>> > avail.
>> > Tried manually downloading from MS web site to no avail. All other
>> > updates
>> > install no problems. System adjusted to new time change dates just
>> > fine in
>> > beginning of November. Systems says will adjust second Sunday in March
>> > as
>> > per Energy Policy Act of 2005. Other forum and newsgroup discussions
>> > refer
>> > to Windows Live Toolbar which is not installed. Please advise.

>> I have the same problem, also tried several times & downloaded manually -
>> however, I do have Office Home & Student 2007 installed. I tried the
>> directions in the help file, but still no luck.

> ---
> Antivirus avast! : message Entrant sain.
> Base de donnees virale (VPS) : 071214-0, 2007-12-14
> Analyse le : 2007-12-14 14:47:28

---
Antivirus avast! : message Sortant sain.
Base de donnees virale (VPS) : 071214-0, 2007-12-14
Analyse le : 2007-12-14 14:52:30

lars.w.lind@gmail.com

Re: Update for Windows Vista (KB942763) returns error 80070643
Same problem here. Vista Home Premium. Also tried to install it
manually but fails every time.
rsansev

On Dec 14, 7:25 pm, lars.w.l...@gmail.com wrote:
> Same problem here. Vista Home Premium. Also tried to install it
> manually but fails every time.

same here.(vista home premium)
i dont have office, and so i can not enable the office service (as
microsoft suggests)!
Rol

Re: Update for Windows Vista (KB942763) returns error 80070643
I think that Microsoft is doing a bad work with this. How can it be that so
many people have the same problem with an important update (that's what they
claim).
I have a laptop with windows vista premium installed. I change the office
modifications, I tried to download it manually unsuccessfully and I search
the net for answers unsuccessfully.
I think that only someone from the company itself can solve this problem.

--
Thank you