Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

Today's Windows Update Baloons services.exe to over 380K

microsoft.public.windowsupdate






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 12-12-2007
Dolemite
 

Posts: n/a
Today's Windows Update Baloons services.exe to over 380K
Ever since I downloaded and installed todays updates, services.exe has
ballooned to over 380K and there's no way to cut the size down except for
removing the updates.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 12-12-2007
PA Bear
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Today's Windows Update Baloons services.exe to over 380K
Windows version? What updates?

Please see this page http://66.39.69.143/goodpost.htm then post back to this
thread with the information we'd need to be able to assist you properly.
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
MS MVP-Windows (IE, OE, Security, Shell/User)
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L.ORG http://66.39.69.143/


Dolemite wrote:
> Ever since I downloaded and installed todays updates, services.exe has
> ballooned to over 380K and there's no way to cut the size down except for
> removing the updates.


Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 12-12-2007
Dolemite
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Today's Windows Update Baloons services.exe to over 380K
Windows XP Media Center Version 2002 SP 2

These Updates:

http://www.microsoft.com/protect/com...ns/200712.mspx

Services.exe uses over 380 MB (not K sorry) of memory after they are
installed.

"PA Bear" wrote:

> Windows version? What updates?
>
> Please see this page http://66.39.69.143/goodpost.htm then post back to this
> thread with the information we'd need to be able to assist you properly.
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> MS MVP-Windows (IE, OE, Security, Shell/User)
> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
> DTS-L.ORG http://66.39.69.143/
>
>
> Dolemite wrote:
> > Ever since I downloaded and installed todays updates, services.exe has
> > ballooned to over 380K and there's no way to cut the size down except for
> > removing the updates.

>
>

Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 12-13-2007
PA Bear
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Today's Windows Update Baloons services.exe to over 380K
Still not enough specific information.

Go to http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com > Do not scan! > Click on "Review
you update history" > Write down the KB number of every update you installed
yesterday (e.g., KB942624; KB942615; etc.), then post this list in a reply
to this thread.
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
MS MVP-Windows (IE, OE, Security, Shell/User)
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L.ORG http://66.39.69.143/

Dolemite wrote:
> Windows XP Media Center Version 2002 SP 2
>
> These Updates:
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/protect/com...ns/200712.mspx
>
> Services.exe uses over 380 MB (not K sorry) of memory after they are
> installed.
>
> "PA Bear" wrote:
>> Windows version? What updates?
>>
>> Please see this page http://66.39.69.143/goodpost.htm then post back to
>> this thread with the information we'd need to be able to assist you
>> properly.
>>
>> Dolemite wrote:
>>> Ever since I downloaded and installed todays updates, services.exe has
>>> ballooned to over 380K and there's no way to cut the size down except
>>> for
>>> removing the updates.


Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 12-13-2007
Dolemite
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Today's Windows Update Baloons services.exe to over 380K
Windows XP Security Update for Windows XP (KB937894) Wednesday, December 12,
2007 Automatic Updates
Windows XP Update for Windows XP (KB942763) Wednesday, December 12, 2007
Automatic Updates
Windows XP Security Update for Windows XP (KB941569) Wednesday, December
12, 2007 Automatic Updates
Windows XP Security Update for Windows XP (KB941568) Wednesday, December
12, 2007 Automatic Updates
Windows XP Security Update for Windows XP (KB944653) Wednesday, December
12, 2007 Automatic Updates


"PA Bear" wrote:

> Still not enough specific information.
>
> Go to http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com > Do not scan! > Click on "Review
> you update history" > Write down the KB number of every update you installed
> yesterday (e.g., KB942624; KB942615; etc.), then post this list in a reply
> to this thread.
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> MS MVP-Windows (IE, OE, Security, Shell/User)
> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
> DTS-L.ORG http://66.39.69.143/
>
> Dolemite wrote:
> > Windows XP Media Center Version 2002 SP 2
> >
> > These Updates:
> >
> > http://www.microsoft.com/protect/com...ns/200712.mspx
> >
> > Services.exe uses over 380 MB (not K sorry) of memory after they are
> > installed.
> >
> > "PA Bear" wrote:
> >> Windows version? What updates?
> >>
> >> Please see this page http://66.39.69.143/goodpost.htm then post back to
> >> this thread with the information we'd need to be able to assist you
> >> properly.
> >>
> >> Dolemite wrote:
> >>> Ever since I downloaded and installed todays updates, services.exe has
> >>> ballooned to over 380K and there's no way to cut the size down except
> >>> for
> >>> removing the updates.

>
>

Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
how can update my c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\services ? MxCityProgrammer microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 2 12-29-2007 03:27
Windows Server Update Services encountered an error.... Angelo8384 microsoft.public.windowsupdate 8 11-13-2007 17:21
Windows Update causes Explorer.exe to crash on restart eminemjamesuk microsoft.public.windowsupdate 3 11-04-2007 16:38
Article ID: 934307 Fichier description de l'Installateur Windows Update autonome (wusa.exe) et .msu de Windows Vista KBArticles French 0 10-23-2007 20:00
Today's security update... Jennifer microsoft.public.windows.vista.security 2 07-18-2007 17:57




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 05:43.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120