Update KB941649 Failed

Amul

Update KB941649 Failed
I am getting this massage all the time when I start my computer. It is also
taking long time when I open computer it goes for updates each time but it
fails to update
and I am getting : Update KB941649 Failed massage.

Help me

Elly0601

RE: Update KB941649 Failed
I have the same problem Update KB941649 keeps failing every time my computer
try to install it.
This is a copy if the details:

Update for Windows Vista (KB941649)

Installation date: ‎08/‎12/‎2007 11:54 PM

Installation status: Failed

Error details: Code 80004001

Update type: Recommended

This update resolves some compatibility and reliability issues in Windows
Vista. By applying this update, you can achieve better reliability and
hardware compatibility in various scenarios. After you install this item, you
may have to restart your computer.

More information:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/941649

Help and Support:
http://support.microsoft.com

"Amul" wrote:

> I am getting this massage all the time when I start my computer. It is also
> taking long time when I open computer it goes for updates each time but it
> fails to update
> and I am getting : Update KB941649 Failed massage.
>
> Help me

CaptMobility

RE: Update KB941649 Failed
I have the same problem but going to the support link for this Update doesn't
give a work around.

"Elly0601" wrote:

> I have the same problem Update KB941649 keeps failing every time my computer
> try to install it.
> This is a copy if the details:
>
> Update for Windows Vista (KB941649)
>
> Installation date: ‎08/‎12/‎2007 11:54 PM
>
> Installation status: Failed
>
> Error details: Code 80004001
>
> Update type: Recommended
>
> This update resolves some compatibility and reliability issues in Windows
> Vista. By applying this update, you can achieve better reliability and
> hardware compatibility in various scenarios. After you install this item, you
> may have to restart your computer.
>
> More information:
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/941649
>
> Help and Support:
> http://support.microsoft.com
>

> "Amul" wrote:
>
> > I am getting this massage all the time when I start my computer. It is also
> > taking long time when I open computer it goes for updates each time but it
> > fails to update
> > and I am getting : Update KB941649 Failed massage.
> >
> > Help me

Shnurfle

RE: Update KB941649 Failed
This update has been failing for me for weeks now. I've removed the update
history as per the MS advice but still can't get this to install.

It's getting frustrating as windows still decides to restart me even when
I'm in the middle of something inspite of my postponing the event.

MS Surely you have a fix for this issue - I googled it and the problem is
EVERYWHERE!!
kevinde4@gmail.com

Re: Update KB941649 Failed
On Dec 17, 8:39*pm, Shnurfle <Shnur...@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:
> This update has been failing for me for weeks now. I've removed the update
> history as per the MS advice but still can't get this to install.
>
> It's getting frustrating as windows still decides to restart me even when
> I'm in the middle of something inspite of my postponing the event.
>
> MS Surely you have a fix for this issue - I googled it and the problem is
> EVERYWHERE!!

I have been trying to install this update for weeks. The support from
MS is not there. I hate Vista.
PA Bear

Re: Update KB941649 Failed
<kevinde4@gmail.com> wrote:
>> This update has been failing for me for weeks now. I've removed the
>> update
>> history as per the MS advice but still can't get this to install.
>>
>> It's getting frustrating as windows still decides to restart me even when
>> I'm in the middle of something inspite of my postponing the event.
>>
>> MS Surely you have a fix for this issue - I googled it and the problem is
>> EVERYWHERE!!

> I have been trying to install this update for weeks. The support from
> MS is not there. I hate Vista.

MS support is here:

Support for Windows Update:

to a Security Update and cite the update's KB number (e.g., KB123456).

your usual support contacts.
AumHa VSOP & Admin; DTS-L.org

IT geek

Re: Update KB941649 Failed
I'm a MS partner and I still can't get MS support on this.

I don't really want anyone's help over the web or phone just a write up
(that works) on how to fix it so we can roll it out over our 40 or so
networks. I also hate vista!
CableDude

Re: Update KB941649 Failed
Try running error check, it worked for me. Go to computor>right click C
drive>properties>tools>error checking>keep clicking appropiate buttons
restart PC, then try to reinstall update.

"IT geek" wrote:

> I'm a MS partner and I still can't get MS support on this.
>
> I don't really want anyone's help over the web or phone just a write up
> (that works) on how to fix it so we can roll it out over our 40 or so
> networks. I also hate vista!

IT geek

Re: Update KB941649 Failed
Ok tried that and was able to start update on 5 update as normal however of
the 5 updates that kept failing we managed to manually update 3 (the bottom 3
shown below), but since then all 5 continue to fail every day as the
installations fail each time.

The relevant KB ref’s are:

• KB941649
• KB905866