Validation - Again and Again and Again.....and Again recurring

barrowhill

Validation - Again and Again and Again.....and Again recurring
Friend brought round PC for health check as it getting "tempremental". Runs
genuine copy of XP Professional.

Last auto update was KB905474 - Windows Genuine Advantage Notification -
yesterday

I ran manual check also yesterday and KB892130 Windows Genuine Advantage
Tool KB892130 required to be downloaded and installed

Now.....

1. Check for updates
2. Validation required - Support ID 0x8DDD100F - continue
3. Windows Validation Error - 0x80080101
4. Request validate again. No ActiveX dialogue or IE information bar
appears so use alternate method
5. Validate now and run legitheck.hta
6. Validation completed. Valid and advised can use resources for genuine
windows users.

Pity there isn't an IF/Then/Else statement in the dialogue. the only
statement I can put is GOTO 1. Follow items 1 - 6 ad infinitum

I've run MGA diagnostic. Indicates Genuine and visible Product Key elements
confirm with details included with CD (I have) and WGA version is 1.7.59.1

What's happening and how do I fix it??

barrowhill

RE: Validation - Again and Again and Again.....and Again recurring
Update........

Auto update kicked and showed Windows Genuine Advantage Notifications update
(KB905474) required.

Don't understand why as this was downloaded and installed yesterday (8/12)
!?!.

Anyway, downloaded and installed again then ran update service. No change;
still forever wanting to validate.

Restarted PC then ran update service. No change; still forever wanting to
validate.

Ran update service (Express) this time choosing to ignore validation and
show updates for other products. This goes to expected results page
indicating no high priority updates required

Ran update service (Custom) this time choosing to ignore validation and show
updates for other products. This goes to expected results page indicating 1
optional hardware update - VIA AC'97 Codec Combo DRiver (WDM). Decided to
download and install.

On suucessfully completion clicj link to return to Microsoft Update Home and
choose custom update. No change; still forever wanting to validate.

WGA really is getting annoying!!

"barrowhill" wrote:

> Friend brought round PC for health check as it getting "tempremental". Runs
> genuine copy of XP Professional.
>
> Last auto update was KB905474 - Windows Genuine Advantage Notification -
> yesterday
>
> I ran manual check also yesterday and KB892130 Windows Genuine Advantage
> Tool KB892130 required to be downloaded and installed
>
> Now.....
>
> 1. Check for updates
> 2. Validation required - Support ID 0x8DDD100F - continue
> 3. Windows Validation Error - 0x80080101
> 4. Request validate again. No ActiveX dialogue or IE information bar
> appears so use alternate method
> 5. Validate now and run legitheck.hta
> 6. Validation completed. Valid and advised can use resources for genuine
> windows users.
>
> Pity there isn't an IF/Then/Else statement in the dialogue. the only
> statement I can put is GOTO 1. Follow items 1 - 6 ad infinitum
>
> I've run MGA diagnostic. Indicates Genuine and visible Product Key elements
> confirm with details included with CD (I have) and WGA version is 1.7.59.1
>
> What's happening and how do I fix it??

barrowhill

RE: Validation - Again and Again and Again.....and Again recurring
Problem fixed.............????????. Grateful for explanation as to how though.

It occured to me that the results displayed when ignoring validation were
not telling the truth !!!. The PC was running IE6 and even though I'd ran
both Express and Custom updates and ignoring validation, IE7 was never shown
????!!! as being required either as a high priority or optional software
update.

IE7 downloaded and installed. PC restarted and update service ran. Viola!
now working. 1 High priority and 9 optional sofware. Updates being
downloaded and installed

As stated above, any explanation as to how/why this now working?

"barrowhill" wrote:

> Friend brought round PC for health check as it getting "tempremental". Runs
> genuine copy of XP Professional.
>
> Last auto update was KB905474 - Windows Genuine Advantage Notification -
> yesterday
>
> I ran manual check also yesterday and KB892130 Windows Genuine Advantage
> Tool KB892130 required to be downloaded and installed
>
> Now.....
>
> 1. Check for updates
> 2. Validation required - Support ID 0x8DDD100F - continue
> 3. Windows Validation Error - 0x80080101
> 4. Request validate again. No ActiveX dialogue or IE information bar
> appears so use alternate method
> 5. Validate now and run legitheck.hta
> 6. Validation completed. Valid and advised can use resources for genuine
> windows users.
>
> Pity there isn't an IF/Then/Else statement in the dialogue. the only
> statement I can put is GOTO 1. Follow items 1 - 6 ad infinitum
>
> I've run MGA diagnostic. Indicates Genuine and visible Product Key elements
> confirm with details included with CD (I have) and WGA version is 1.7.59.1
>
> What's happening and how do I fix it??

Robert Aldwinckle

"barrowhill" <barrowhill@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Problem fixed.............????????. Grateful for explanation as to how though.

Is this the same friend that you hacked IE7 for? ; )

http://www.microsoft.com/communities...=US&sloc=en-us

Find: After much perseverance and a bit of logic
(sic)

---

> It occured to me that the results displayed when ignoring validation were
> not telling the truth !!!. The PC was running IE6 and even though I'd ran
> both Express and Custom updates and ignoring validation, IE7 was never shown
> ????!!! as being required either as a high priority or optional software
> update.
>
> IE7 downloaded and installed. PC restarted and update service ran. Viola!
> now working. 1 High priority and 9 optional sofware. Updates being
> downloaded and installed
>
> As stated above, any explanation as to how/why this now working?
>
> "barrowhill" wrote:
>
>> Friend brought round PC for health check as it getting "tempremental". Runs
>> genuine copy of XP Professional.
>>
>> Last auto update was KB905474 - Windows Genuine Advantage Notification -
>> yesterday
>>
>> I ran manual check also yesterday and KB892130 Windows Genuine Advantage
>> Tool KB892130 required to be downloaded and installed
>>
>> Now.....
>>
>> 1. Check for updates
>> 2. Validation required - Support ID 0x8DDD100F - continue
>> 3. Windows Validation Error - 0x80080101
>> 4. Request validate again. No ActiveX dialogue or IE information bar
>> appears so use alternate method
>> 5. Validate now and run legitheck.hta
>> 6. Validation completed. Valid and advised can use resources for genuine
>> windows users.
>>
>> Pity there isn't an IF/Then/Else statement in the dialogue. the only
>> statement I can put is GOTO 1. Follow items 1 - 6 ad infinitum
>>
>> I've run MGA diagnostic. Indicates Genuine and visible Product Key elements
>> confirm with details included with CD (I have) and WGA version is 1.7.59.1
>>
>> What's happening and how do I fix it??

PA Bear

Re: Validation - Again and Again and Again.....and Again recurring
What Robert said!

cf.
http://groups.google.com/group/micro...ba f646217275
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L.ORG http://66.39.69.143/

barrowhill wrote:
> Problem fixed.............????????. Grateful for explanation as to how
> though.
>
> It occured to me that the results displayed when ignoring validation were
> not telling the truth !!!. The PC was running IE6 and even though I'd ran
> both Express and Custom updates and ignoring validation, IE7 was never
> shown
> ????!!! as being required either as a high priority or optional software
> update.
>
> IE7 downloaded and installed. PC restarted and update service ran.
> Viola!
> now working. 1 High priority and 9 optional sofware. Updates being
> downloaded and installed
>
> As stated above, any explanation as to how/why this now working?
>
> "barrowhill" wrote:
>
>> Friend brought round PC for health check as it getting "tempremental".
>> Runs genuine copy of XP Professional.
>>
>> Last auto update was KB905474 - Windows Genuine Advantage Notification -
>> yesterday
>>
>> I ran manual check also yesterday and KB892130 Windows Genuine Advantage
>> Tool KB892130 required to be downloaded and installed
>>
>> Now.....
>>
>> 1. Check for updates
>> 2. Validation required - Support ID 0x8DDD100F - continue
>> 3. Windows Validation Error - 0x80080101
>> 4. Request validate again. No ActiveX dialogue or IE information bar
>> appears so use alternate method
>> 5. Validate now and run legitheck.hta
>> 6. Validation completed. Valid and advised can use resources for
>> genuine
>> windows users.
>>
>> Pity there isn't an IF/Then/Else statement in the dialogue. the only
>> statement I can put is GOTO 1. Follow items 1 - 6 ad infinitum
>>
>> I've run MGA diagnostic. Indicates Genuine and visible Product Key
>> elements confirm with details included with CD (I have) and WGA version
>> is
>> 1.7.59.1
>>
>> What's happening and how do I fix it??

barrowhill

Re: Validation - Again and Again and Again.....and Again recurring
Robert,

No. That person is extremely happy now they have working PC. This PC
belongs to someone completely different.

"Robert Aldwinckle" wrote:

> "barrowhill" <barrowhill@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Problem fixed.............????????. Grateful for explanation as to how though.

> Is this the same friend that you hacked IE7 for? ; )
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/communities...=US&sloc=en-us
>

> Find: After much perseverance and a bit of logic
> (sic)
>

> ---
>

> > It occured to me that the results displayed when ignoring validation were
> > not telling the truth !!!. The PC was running IE6 and even though I'd ran
> > both Express and Custom updates and ignoring validation, IE7 was never shown
> > ????!!! as being required either as a high priority or optional software
> > update.
> >
> > IE7 downloaded and installed. PC restarted and update service ran. Viola!
> > now working. 1 High priority and 9 optional sofware. Updates being
> > downloaded and installed
> >
> > As stated above, any explanation as to how/why this now working?
> >
> > "barrowhill" wrote:
> >
> >> Friend brought round PC for health check as it getting "tempremental". Runs
> >> genuine copy of XP Professional.
> >>
> >> Last auto update was KB905474 - Windows Genuine Advantage Notification -
> >> yesterday
> >>
> >> I ran manual check also yesterday and KB892130 Windows Genuine Advantage
> >> Tool KB892130 required to be downloaded and installed
> >>
> >> Now.....
> >>
> >> 1. Check for updates
> >> 2. Validation required - Support ID 0x8DDD100F - continue
> >> 3. Windows Validation Error - 0x80080101
> >> 4. Request validate again. No ActiveX dialogue or IE information bar
> >> appears so use alternate method
> >> 5. Validate now and run legitheck.hta
> >> 6. Validation completed. Valid and advised can use resources for genuine
> >> windows users.
> >>
> >> Pity there isn't an IF/Then/Else statement in the dialogue. the only
> >> statement I can put is GOTO 1. Follow items 1 - 6 ad infinitum
> >>
> >> I've run MGA diagnostic. Indicates Genuine and visible Product Key elements
> >> confirm with details included with CD (I have) and WGA version is 1.7.59.1
> >>
> >> What's happening and how do I fix it??

barrowhill

Re: Validation - Again and Again and Again.....and Again recurring
What I said to Robert

"PA Bear" wrote:

> What Robert said!
>
> cf.
> http://groups.google.com/group/micro...ba f646217275
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
> DTS-L.ORG http://66.39.69.143/
>

> barrowhill wrote:
> > Problem fixed.............????????. Grateful for explanation as to how
> > though.
> >
> > It occured to me that the results displayed when ignoring validation were
> > not telling the truth !!!. The PC was running IE6 and even though I'd ran
> > both Express and Custom updates and ignoring validation, IE7 was never
> > shown
> > ????!!! as being required either as a high priority or optional software
> > update.
> >
> > IE7 downloaded and installed. PC restarted and update service ran.
> > Viola!
> > now working. 1 High priority and 9 optional sofware. Updates being
> > downloaded and installed
> >
> > As stated above, any explanation as to how/why this now working?
> >
> > "barrowhill" wrote:
> >
> >> Friend brought round PC for health check as it getting "tempremental".
> >> Runs genuine copy of XP Professional.
> >>
> >> Last auto update was KB905474 - Windows Genuine Advantage Notification -
> >> yesterday
> >>
> >> I ran manual check also yesterday and KB892130 Windows Genuine Advantage
> >> Tool KB892130 required to be downloaded and installed
> >>
> >> Now.....
> >>
> >> 1. Check for updates
> >> 2. Validation required - Support ID 0x8DDD100F - continue
> >> 3. Windows Validation Error - 0x80080101
> >> 4. Request validate again. No ActiveX dialogue or IE information bar
> >> appears so use alternate method
> >> 5. Validate now and run legitheck.hta
> >> 6. Validation completed. Valid and advised can use resources for
> >> genuine
> >> windows users.
> >>
> >> Pity there isn't an IF/Then/Else statement in the dialogue. the only
> >> statement I can put is GOTO 1. Follow items 1 - 6 ad infinitum
> >>
> >> I've run MGA diagnostic. Indicates Genuine and visible Product Key
> >> elements confirm with details included with CD (I have) and WGA version
> >> is
> >> 1.7.59.1
> >>
> >> What's happening and how do I fix it??

PA Bear

Re: Validation - Again and Again and Again.....and Again recurring
Did this friend (or did you) reinstall Windows?

barrowhill wrote:
> What I said to Robert
>
> "PA Bear" wrote:
>
>> What Robert said!
>>
>> cf.
>> http://groups.google.com/group/micro...ba f646217275
>> --
>> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
>> DTS-L.ORG http://66.39.69.143/
>>

>> barrowhill wrote:
>>> Problem fixed.............????????. Grateful for explanation as to how
>>> though.
>>>
>>> It occured to me that the results displayed when ignoring validation
>>> were
>>> not telling the truth !!!. The PC was running IE6 and even though I'd
>>> ran
>>> both Express and Custom updates and ignoring validation, IE7 was never
>>> shown
>>> ????!!! as being required either as a high priority or optional software
>>> update.
>>>
>>> IE7 downloaded and installed. PC restarted and update service ran.
>>> Viola!
>>> now working. 1 High priority and 9 optional sofware. Updates being
>>> downloaded and installed
>>>
>>> As stated above, any explanation as to how/why this now working?

barrowhill

Re: Validation - Again and Again and Again.....and Again recurring
They say they didn't, and I certainly didn't.