Hardware update failure

Rob153

Hardware update failure
I'm trying to do a hardware update for Marvel-Networking-Netgear WN121T
wireless USB2.0 adapter. The installation fails with error code 0x80244019.
Any advise is appreciated.
--
Rob153
TaurArian

Re: Hardware update failure
Advice - go to the manufacturer's site and get your update.

You cannot download updates when you access the Windows Update Web site from a Windows
XP-based computer that is behind a firewall or a proxy server
[Error number: 0x80244017], [Error number: 0x80244018], [Error number: 0x80244019], [Error
number: 0x8024401B], [Error number: 0x80244021]

--
====================================
TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2008 - Australia

"Rob153" <Rob153@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
| I'm trying to do a hardware update for Marvel-Networking-Netgear WN121T
| wireless USB2.0 adapter. The installation fails with error code 0x80244019.
| Any advise is appreciated.
| --
| Rob153

realcestmoi

Re: Hardware update failure
Hi there,

If it works fine: leave it be working fine, only update a driver when it is
really needed becaue the harware does not work well: if it ain't broke: don
not try to"FIX" it.

Betst regards,
Michel Denie

"Rob153" <Rob153@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm trying to do a hardware update for Marvel-Networking-Netgear WN121T
> wireless USB2.0 adapter. The installation fails with error code
> 0x80244019.
> Any advise is appreciated.
> --
> Rob153

Rob153

Re: Hardware update failure

--
Rob153

"realcestmoi" wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> If it works fine: leave it be working fine, only update a driver when it is
> really needed becaue the harware does not work well: if it ain't broke: don
> not try to"FIX" it.
>
> Betst regards,
> Michel Denie
>
> "Rob153" <Rob153@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I'm trying to do a hardware update for Marvel-Networking-Netgear WN121T
> > wireless USB2.0 adapter. The installation fails with error code
> > 0x80244019.
> > Any advise is appreciated.
> > --
> > Rob153

Rob153

RE: Hardware update failure
I've been to the manufacturer's site and worked with them over several days.
I'm now up and running but without the Windows hardware Update . It seems
that the update contaminates the Network Adapter. I uninstalled the software
and reinstalled it from the original disk. Any help is appreciated.
--
Rob153

"Rob153" wrote:

> I'm trying to do a hardware update for Marvel-Networking-Netgear WN121T
> wireless USB2.0 adapter. The installation fails with error code 0x80244019.
> Any advise is appreciated.
> --
> Rob153

realcestmoi

Re: Hardware update failure
Hi there,

If the card works fine with the original driver what might be the problem
than?

Best regards,
Michel Denie

"Rob153" <Rob153@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
newsC327FE3-3B8C-45B5-B29A-013FBA4C9752@microsoft.com...
> I've been to the manufacturer's site and worked with them over several
> days.
> I'm now up and running but without the Windows hardware Update . It seems
> that the update contaminates the Network Adapter. I uninstalled the
> software
> and reinstalled it from the original disk. Any help is appreciated.
> --
> Rob153
>

> "Rob153" wrote:
>
>> I'm trying to do a hardware update for Marvel-Networking-Netgear WN121T
>> wireless USB2.0 adapter. The installation fails with error code
>> 0x80244019.
>> Any advise is appreciated.
>> --
>> Rob153

Rob153

Re: Hardware update failure
Yes, it works at 270 mbps and that's fine. The hardware update works at 300
msps. I thought the difference was worth the update.
--
Rob153

"realcestmoi" wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> If the card works fine with the original driver what might be the problem
> than?
>
> Best regards,
> Michel Denie
>
> "Rob153" <Rob153@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> newsC327FE3-3B8C-45B5-B29A-013FBA4C9752@microsoft.com...
> > I've been to the manufacturer's site and worked with them over several
> > days.
> > I'm now up and running but without the Windows hardware Update . It seems
> > that the update contaminates the Network Adapter. I uninstalled the
> > software
> > and reinstalled it from the original disk. Any help is appreciated.
> > --
> > Rob153
> >

> > "Rob153" wrote:
> >
> >> I'm trying to do a hardware update for Marvel-Networking-Netgear WN121T
> >> wireless USB2.0 adapter. The installation fails with error code
> >> 0x80244019.
> >> Any advise is appreciated.
> >> --
> >> Rob153

realcestmoi

Re: Hardware update failure
Hello there,

Try to find an update at the manufacturer, only take driver updates from
winupdate for MS hardware.

Best regards,
michel denie