Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

Dot Net 3 SP1 & KB932471 problem

microsoft.public.windowsupdate






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 12-09-2007
Makave2345
 

Posts: n/a
Dot Net 3 SP1 & KB932471 problem
After installing .Net 3 SP1 (version 3.1.21022.8)

Windows Update (or trying to install manually) refuses to install
KB932471....

Gives the same error everyone was having awhile back..

"The upgrade patch cannot be installed by the Windows Installer service
because
the program to be upgraded may be missing" yada, yada, etc....

Is there any solution for this yet?

Thanks for any help you can provide...


Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 12-09-2007
PA Bear
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Dot Net 3 SP1 & KB932471 problem
Hotfix 932471 requires .NET Framework 3.0. You have .NET Framework 3.0 SP1
installed now which /includes/ this hotfix. IOW, you don't need it. If
you're experiencing "Cannot open this document because your permissions have
expired" errors, something else is wrong.
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
MS MVP-Windows (IE, OE, Security, Shell/User)
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L.ORG http://66.39.69.143/

Makave2345 wrote:
> After installing .Net 3 SP1 (version 3.1.21022.8)
>
> Windows Update (or trying to install manually) refuses to install
> KB932471....
>
> Gives the same error everyone was having awhile back..
>
> "The upgrade patch cannot be installed by the Windows Installer service
> because
> the program to be upgraded may be missing" yada, yada, etc....
>
> Is there any solution for this yet?
>
> Thanks for any help you can provide...


Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 12-10-2007
Makave2345
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Dot Net 3 SP1 & KB932471 problem
I know that its not needed, I'm just wondering if there is a fix for this
problem, so it doesn't show on windows update.....

I know that 3.0 sp1 includes the hotfix, but microsoft screwed up
somewhere and the registry entries for it are not getting properly
installed...

So even though the fix is there, it still shows as being needed....

Just curious if this has or is going to be fixed......

Thanks for taking time to reply. I appreciate it...
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 12-10-2007
PA Bear
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Dot Net 3 SP1 & KB932471 problem
To keep track of things, it helps immensely if you include all of previous
message(s) in your replies to the newsgroup. Thank you.

Please state your Windows version.

Are you saying that .NET Framework 3.0 SP1 is installed and Windows Update
and/or Automatic Updates is offering you 923471?
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
MS MVP-Windows (IE, OE, Security, Shell/User)
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L.ORG http://66.39.69.143/


Makave2345 wrote:
> I know that its not needed, I'm just wondering if there is a fix for this
> problem, so it doesn't show on windows update.....
>
> I know that 3.0 sp1 includes the hotfix, but microsoft screwed up
> somewhere and the registry entries for it are not getting properly
> installed...
>
> So even though the fix is there, it still shows as being needed....
>
> Just curious if this has or is going to be fixed......
>
> Thanks for taking time to reply. I appreciate it...

<paste>
PA Bear wrote:
> Hotfix 932471 requires .NET Framework 3.0. You have .NET Framework 3.0
> SP1
> installed now which /includes/ this hotfix. IOW, you don't need it. If
> you're experiencing "Cannot open this document because your permissions
> have
> expired" errors, something else is wrong.
>
> Makave2345 wrote:
>> After installing .Net 3 SP1 (version 3.1.21022.8)
>>
>> Windows Update (or trying to install manually) refuses to install
>> KB932471....
>>
>> Gives the same error everyone was having awhile back..
>>
>> "The upgrade patch cannot be installed by the Windows Installer service
>> because
>> the program to be upgraded may be missing" yada, yada, etc....
>>
>> Is there any solution for this yet?
>>
>> Thanks for any help you can provide...


Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 12-10-2007
Makave2345
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Dot Net 3 SP1 & KB932471 problem
Windows XP Professional SP2

Yes.... .Net 3 SP1 installed and WUP offering 923471....

"PA Bear" wrote:

> To keep track of things, it helps immensely if you include all of previous
> message(s) in your replies to the newsgroup. Thank you.
>
> Please state your Windows version.
>
> Are you saying that .NET Framework 3.0 SP1 is installed and Windows Update
> and/or Automatic Updates is offering you 923471?
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> MS MVP-Windows (IE, OE, Security, Shell/User)
> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
> DTS-L.ORG http://66.39.69.143/
>
>
> Makave2345 wrote:
> > I know that its not needed, I'm just wondering if there is a fix for this
> > problem, so it doesn't show on windows update.....
> >
> > I know that 3.0 sp1 includes the hotfix, but microsoft screwed up
> > somewhere and the registry entries for it are not getting properly
> > installed...
> >
> > So even though the fix is there, it still shows as being needed....
> >
> > Just curious if this has or is going to be fixed......
> >
> > Thanks for taking time to reply. I appreciate it...

> <paste>
> PA Bear wrote:
> > Hotfix 932471 requires .NET Framework 3.0. You have .NET Framework 3.0
> > SP1
> > installed now which /includes/ this hotfix. IOW, you don't need it. If
> > you're experiencing "Cannot open this document because your permissions
> > have
> > expired" errors, something else is wrong.
> >
> > Makave2345 wrote:
> >> After installing .Net 3 SP1 (version 3.1.21022.8)
> >>
> >> Windows Update (or trying to install manually) refuses to install
> >> KB932471....
> >>
> >> Gives the same error everyone was having awhile back..
> >>
> >> "The upgrade patch cannot be installed by the Windows Installer service
> >> because
> >> the program to be upgraded may be missing" yada, yada, etc....
> >>
> >> Is there any solution for this yet?
> >>
> >> Thanks for any help you can provide...

>
>

Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 12-11-2007
PA Bear
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Dot Net 3 SP1 & KB932471 problem
1. Stop the Automatic Updates service:

Start > Run > (type in) services.msc > [OK]
Double-click Automatic Updates > Click on Stop
(Stopping the service will take a moment)

2. Delete the contents of the Download folder:

Start > Run > (type in) %windir%\SoftwareDistribution > [OK]
Open the Download folder and delete its contents
Close the window.

3. Go to Windows Update website & scan for updates (Custom) > Uncheck 932471
and "hide" it ("Don't show me this update again").

4. Start the Automatic Updates service:

Start > Run > (type in) services.msc > [OK]
Double-click Automatic Updates > Click on Start
(Starting the service will take a moment)
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
MS MVP-Windows (IE, OE, Security, Shell/User)
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L.ORG http://66.39.69.143/


Makave2345 wrote:
> Windows XP Professional SP2
>
> Yes.... .Net 3 SP1 installed and WUP offering 923471....
>
> "PA Bear" wrote:
>
>> To keep track of things, it helps immensely if you include all of
>> previous
>> message(s) in your replies to the newsgroup. Thank you.
>>
>> Please state your Windows version.
>>
>> Are you saying that .NET Framework 3.0 SP1 is installed and Windows
>> Update
>> and/or Automatic Updates is offering you 923471?
>> --
>> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>> MS MVP-Windows (IE, OE, Security, Shell/User)
>> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
>> DTS-L.ORG http://66.39.69.143/
>>
>>
>> Makave2345 wrote:
>>> I know that its not needed, I'm just wondering if there is a fix for
>>> this
>>> problem, so it doesn't show on windows update.....
>>>
>>> I know that 3.0 sp1 includes the hotfix, but microsoft screwed up
>>> somewhere and the registry entries for it are not getting properly
>>> installed...
>>>
>>> So even though the fix is there, it still shows as being needed....
>>>
>>> Just curious if this has or is going to be fixed......
>>>
>>> Thanks for taking time to reply. I appreciate it...

>> <paste>
>> PA Bear wrote:
>>> Hotfix 932471 requires .NET Framework 3.0. You have .NET Framework 3.0
>>> SP1
>>> installed now which /includes/ this hotfix. IOW, you don't need it. If
>>> you're experiencing "Cannot open this document because your permissions
>>> have
>>> expired" errors, something else is wrong.
>>>
>>> Makave2345 wrote:
>>>> After installing .Net 3 SP1 (version 3.1.21022.8)
>>>>
>>>> Windows Update (or trying to install manually) refuses to install
>>>> KB932471....
>>>>
>>>> Gives the same error everyone was having awhile back..
>>>>
>>>> "The upgrade patch cannot be installed by the Windows Installer service
>>>> because
>>>> the program to be upgraded may be missing" yada, yada, etc....
>>>>
>>>> Is there any solution for this yet?
>>>>
>>>> Thanks for any help you can provide...


Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Update for .NET Framework 3.0: x86 (KB932471) failed to install Zhi microsoft.public.windowsupdate 1 01-12-2008 05:12
X64 Windows Server 2008 SP1 Build 735 Is Now Available On MSDN & Tech Net Plus, Just FYI. microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 12 12-14-2007 07:22
Loop Installing .NET 1.1 SP1 when .NET 2.0 also installed TwisterCentral microsoft.public.windowsupdate 9 12-01-2007 01:04
Re: "Update for .NET Framework 3.0: x86 (KB932471)" Wins Update fa MowGreen [MVP] microsoft.public.windowsupdate 1 10-25-2007 07:01
Dot Net Factory Intros Reset Paul Security News 0 03-02-2007 02:18




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 02:59.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120