Error Code: 0x80242006

Mr_Rivaz

Error Code: 0x80242006
Hi Guys,im having major problems with my PC have been since day 1, i also
have had all the symptoms stated buy other users, pc re shuts down, when i
restart it says a serious error has occured and the system has recoverd. Now
my pc wont install MS Updates with the Error Code: 0x80242006.

In the Error Logs it reads

Warning - Source TCIP - Event 4226

TCP/IP has reached the security limit imposed on the number of concurrent
TCP connect attempts.

This error was the last GMT 19:33

Next Error

Error - Source DCOM - Event 10016

The machine-default permission settings do not grant Local Activation
permission for the COM Server application with CLSID
{BC866CF2-5486-41F7-B46B-9AA49CF3EBB1}
to the user NT AUTHORITY\LOCAL SERVICE SID (S-1-5-19). This security
permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool.

This error happens nearly everyday multiple times.

ive tried downloaded other updates even ones on this thread, but still no
joy, at best im a Pc Novice, so please if u can help, reply in easy to
understand terms

cheers guys
#hope u can help big time

PA Bear

Re: Error Code: 0x80242006
Windows version?

What updates are you or Automatic Updates trying to install?
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L.ORG http://66.39.69.143/

Mr_Rivaz wrote:
> Hi Guys,im having major problems with my PC have been since day 1, i also
> have had all the symptoms stated buy other users, pc re shuts down, when i
> restart it says a serious error has occured and the system has recoverd.
> Now
> my pc wont install MS Updates with the Error Code: 0x80242006.
>
> In the Error Logs it reads
>
> Warning - Source TCIP - Event 4226
>
> TCP/IP has reached the security limit imposed on the number of concurrent
> TCP connect attempts.

> This error was the last GMT 19:33
>
> Next Error
>
> Error - Source DCOM - Event 10016
>
> The machine-default permission settings do not grant Local Activation
> permission for the COM Server application with CLSID
> {BC866CF2-5486-41F7-B46B-9AA49CF3EBB1}
> to the user NT AUTHORITY\LOCAL SERVICE SID (S-1-5-19). This security
> permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative
> tool.

> This error happens nearly everyday multiple times.
>
> ive tried downloaded other updates even ones on this thread, but still no
> joy, at best im a Pc Novice, so please if u can help, reply in easy to
> understand terms
>
> cheers guys
> #hope u can help big time

Mr_Rivaz

Re: Error Code: 0x80242006

Thanks for the response, i have MS XP Media Centre, wel im not sure what
updates they are, when i click my fire wall, then check for updates, it says
updates are available,i go to the MS website, Ms looks for updates, i click
express.

Updates available For Windoes XP (KB934238)
i click to download and it says failed,i then click my update history,it
shows a long lost of failed attempted updates.
With In the Installation of Updates Error Code: 0x80242006

Hope this helps.

Now in the logs i have an error as early as 9mins ago 20:56 gmt
DCOM - 10016
The machine-default permission settings do not grant Local Activation
permission for the COM Server application with CLSID
{BC866CF2-5486-41F7-B46B-9AA49CF3EBB1}
to the user NT AUTHORITY\LOCAL SERVICE SID (S-1-5-19). This security
permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool.

PA Bear

Re: Error Code: 0x80242006
To keep track of things, it helps immensely if you include all of previous
message(s) in your replies to the newsgroup. Thank you.

Is Automatic Updates enabled? If so, is Automatic Updates also offering you
934238 or any other update?

Are you running a non-English version of Windows XP and are you seeing
English text in the print dialog box when you print something?

Is Microsoft .NET Framework 3.0 listed in Add/Remove Programs? If it so, do
you also have.NET Framework 3.0 Language Packs installed?
--
~PA Bear

Mr_Rivaz wrote:
> Thanks for the response, i have MS XP Media Centre, wel im not sure what
> updates they are, when i click my fire wall, then check for updates, it
> says
> updates are available,i go to the MS website, Ms looks for updates, i
> click
> express.
>
> Updates available For Windoes XP (KB934238)
> i click to download and it says failed,i then click my update history,it
> shows a long lost of failed attempted updates.
> With In the Installation of Updates Error Code: 0x80242006
> <snip>

<paste>
PA Bear wrote:
> Windows version?
>
> What updates are you or Automatic Updates trying to install?
>
> Mr_Rivaz wrote:
>> Hi Guys,im having major problems with my PC have been since day 1, i also
>> have had all the symptoms stated buy other users, pc re shuts down, when
>> restart it says a serious error has occured and the system has recoverd.
>> Now
>> my pc wont install MS Updates with the Error Code: 0x80242006.
>>
>> In the Error Logs it reads
>>
>> Warning - Source TCIP - Event 4226
>>
>> TCP/IP has reached the security limit imposed on the number of concurrent
>> TCP connect attempts.

>> This error was the last GMT 19:33
>>
>> Next Error
>>
>> Error - Source DCOM - Event 10016
>>
>> The machine-default permission settings do not grant Local Activation
>> permission for the COM Server application with CLSID
>> {BC866CF2-5486-41F7-B46B-9AA49CF3EBB1}
>> to the user NT AUTHORITY\LOCAL SERVICE SID (S-1-5-19). This security
>> permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative
>> tool.

>> This error happens nearly everyday multiple times.
>>
>> ive tried downloaded other updates even ones on this thread, but still no
>> joy, at best im a Pc Novice, so please if u can help, reply in easy to
>> understand terms

Mr_Rivaz

Re: Error Code: 0x80242006
Ok Automatic Updates are on,sorry i dont mean to be vague im useless with
Pcs. When i click automatic updates it doesnt offer me 934238. My version of
xp is english.

"PA Bear" wrote:

> To keep track of things, it helps immensely if you include all of previous
> message(s) in your replies to the newsgroup. Thank you.
>
> Is Automatic Updates enabled? If so, is Automatic Updates also offering you
> 934238 or any other update?

"Is Microsoft .NET Framework 3.0 listed in Add/Remove Programs? If it so, do
> you also have.NET Framework 3.0 Language Packs installed? i dont understand what you mean.

ok all the logs are as follows.

Error DCOM Event 10016
[...]

Warning TCPIP Event 4226
[...]

No more logs, please.

To make a long story short, don't worry about it. You don't need 934238.

The machine would only need 934238 installed if (1) it's a non-English
version of Windows XP *and* (2) you are seeing English text in the print
dialog box when you print something.

I think it'd be best if you relied on Automatic Updates to offer updates the
machine needs instead of trying to pick & choose updates you think it
/might/ need, my friend.

How to configure and use Automatic Updates in WinXP:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/306525

Mr_Rivaz wrote:
> Ok Automatic Updates are on,sorry i dont mean to be vague im useless with
> Pcs. When i click automatic updates it doesnt offer me 934238. My version
> of
> xp is english.

<snip>
<paste>
PA Bear wrote:
> To keep track of things, it helps immensely if you include all of previous
> message(s) in your replies to the newsgroup. Thank you.
>
> Is Automatic Updates enabled? If so, is Automatic Updates also offering
> you
> 934238 or any other update?
>
> Are you running a non-English version of Windows XP and are you seeing
> English text in the print dialog box when you print something?
>
> Is Microsoft .NET Framework 3.0 listed in Add/Remove Programs? If it so,
> do
> you also have.NET Framework 3.0 Language Packs installed?
>
> Mr_Rivaz wrote:
>> Thanks for the response, i have MS XP Media Centre, wel im not sure what
>> updates they are, when i click my fire wall, then check for updates, it
>> says
>> updates are available,i go to the MS website, Ms looks for updates, i
>> click
>> express.
>>
>> Updates available For Windoes XP (KB934238)
>> i click to download and it says failed,i then click my update history,it
>> shows a long lost of failed attempted updates.
>> With In the Installation of Updates Error Code: 0x80242006
>> <snip>

> <paste>
> PA Bear wrote:
>> Windows version?
>>
>> What updates are you or Automatic Updates trying to install?
>>
>> Mr_Rivaz wrote:
>>> Hi Guys,im having major problems with my PC have been since day 1, i
>>> also
>>> have had all the symptoms stated buy other users, pc re shuts down, when
>>> restart it says a serious error has occured and the system has recoverd.
>>> Now
>>> my pc wont install MS Updates with the Error Code: 0x80242006.
>>>
>>> In the Error Logs it reads
>>>
>>> Warning - Source TCIP - Event 4226
>>>
>>> TCP/IP has reached the security limit imposed on the number of
>>> concurrent
>>> TCP connect attempts.
>>>
>>> For more information, see Help and Support Center at
>>> http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.
>>>
>>> This error was the last GMT 19:33
>>>
>>> Next Error
>>>
>>> Error - Source DCOM - Event 10016
>>>
>>> The machine-default permission settings do not grant Local Activation
>>> permission for the COM Server application with CLSID
>>> {BC866CF2-5486-41F7-B46B-9AA49CF3EBB1}
>>> to the user NT AUTHORITY\LOCAL SERVICE SID (S-1-5-19). This security
>>> permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative
>>> tool.
>>>
>>> For more information, see Help and Support Center at
>>> http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.
>>>
>>> This error happens nearly everyday multiple times.
>>>
>>> ive tried downloaded other updates even ones on this thread, but still
>>> no
>>> joy, at best im a Pc Novice, so please if u can help, reply in easy to
>>> understand terms

Mr_Rivaz

Re: Error Code: 0x80242006
im not picking and choosing the updates, its on automatic update. So whats
DCOM Error this is why im here?
PA Bear

Re: Error Code: 0x80242006
I don't know. I do know that, based on what you've told me in your replies
here, you do not need this update. You have two (2) choices:

1. Go to http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com and do a Custom scan for updates
> Uncheck this update and "hide" it;

or...

2. Start a free Windows Update support incident request:

Mr_Rivaz wrote:
> im not picking and choosing the updates, its on automatic update. So whats
> DCOM Error this is why im here?

jwatersphd@msn.com

Re: Error Code: 0x80242006
On Dec 8 2007, 5:13*pm, "PA Bear" <PABear...@gmail.com> wrote:
> No more logs, please.
>
> To make a long story short, don't worry about it. *You don't need 934238..
>
> The machine would only need 934238 installed if (1) it's a non-English
> version of Windows XP *and* (2) you are seeing English text in the print
> dialog box when you print something.
>
> I think it'd be best if you relied on Automatic Updates to offer updates the
> machine needs instead of trying to pick & choose updates you think it
> /might/ need, my friend.
>
> How to configure and use Automatic Updates in WinXP:http://support.microsoft.com/kb/306525
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> AumHa VSOP & Adminhttp://aumha.net
> DTS-L.ORGhttp://66.39.69.143/
>
> Mr_Rivaz wrote:
> > Ok Automatic Updates are on,sorry i dont mean to be vague im useless with
> > Pcs. When i click automatic updates it doesnt offer me 934238. My version
> > of
> > xp is english.

> <snip>
> <paste>
>

> PA Bear wrote:
> > To keep track of things, it helps immensely if you include all of previous
> > message(s) in your replies to the newsgroup. *Thank you.

> > Is Automatic Updates enabled? *If so, is Automatic Updates also offering
> > you
> > 934238 or any other update?

> > Are you running a non-English version of Windows XP and are you seeing
> > English text in the print dialog box when you print something?

> > Is Microsoft .NET Framework 3.0 listed in Add/Remove Programs? *If it so,
> > do
> > you also have.NET Framework 3.0 Language Packs installed?

> > Mr_Rivaz wrote:
> >> Thanks for the response, i have MS XP Media Centre, wel im not sure what
> >> updates they are, when i click my fire wall, then check for updates, it
> >> says
> >> updates are available,i go to the MS website, Ms looks for updates, i
> >> click
> >> express.

> >> Updates available For Windoes XP (KB934238)
> >> i click to download and it says failed,i then click my update history,it
> >> shows a long lost of failed attempted updates.
> >> With In the Installation of Updates *Error Code: 0x80242006
> >> <snip>

> > <paste>
> > PA Bear wrote:
> >> Windows version?

> >> What updates are you or Automatic Updates trying to install?

PA Bear, you said the person did not need kb934238, and i don't think
i do either, but how do i get automatic updates to turn off requesting
it?
jwatersphd@msn.com