RE: MICROSFT WINDOWS Host process for windows services stopped working

RC

RE: MICROSFT WINDOWS Host process for windows services stopped working
Host proces for windows services stopped working on my computer too. I have
an HP PHotosmart all in one C7180wireless printer. I have had problems with
the HP software and my scanner has stopped working too.
It does not look like anyone has solved this issue YET. I will check at
the HP website. Have spoken with a number of HP techs and they are unfamiliar
with the problem. AFTER HOURS of being on the phone with them. grrrrrrrr.
mongoose

RE: MICROSFT WINDOWS Host process for windows services stopped wor
same senerio with me. running vista and got the hp photosmart 7180
all-in-one printer. i can't believe ms hasn't addressed this issue yet.
blah.....

"RC" wrote:

> Host proces for windows services stopped working on my computer too. I have
> an HP PHotosmart all in one C7180wireless printer. I have had problems with
> the HP software and my scanner has stopped working too.
> It does not look like anyone has solved this issue YET. I will check at
> the HP website. Have spoken with a number of HP techs and they are unfamiliar
> with the problem. AFTER HOURS of being on the phone with them. grrrrrrrr.

PA Bear

Re: MICROSFT WINDOWS Host process for windows services stopped wor
[Forwarded to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan via crosspost]

Why do you think MS is the responsible party? Why are you posting your
questions in Windows Update newsgroup?
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

mongoose wrote:
> same senerio with me. running vista and got the hp photosmart 7180
> all-in-one printer. i can't believe ms hasn't addressed this issue yet.
> blah.....
>
> "RC" wrote:
>
>> Host proces for windows services stopped working on my computer too. I
>> have an HP PHotosmart all in one C7180wireless printer. I have had
>> problems with the HP software and my scanner has stopped working too.
>> It does not look like anyone has solved this issue YET. I will check
>> at
>> the HP website. Have spoken with a number of HP techs and they are
>> unfamiliar with the problem. AFTER HOURS of being on the phone with them.
>> grrrrrrrr.

mongoose

Re: MICROSFT WINDOWS Host process for windows services stopped wor
ms should at least address this issue. i have the same printer networked to
an xp pc, and have no problem. i have another pc networked with with the
printer running vista home basic....no problem. the issue seems to be with
vista premium. if this is an hp issue, then ms should say so. not much to
ask from the leader in the industry. another post said she has made ms aware
of this issue via phone. i don't believe she has had a response. i posted
this issue here because that's the topic!

"PA Bear" wrote:

> [Forwarded to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan via crosspost]
>
> Why do you think MS is the responsible party? Why are you posting your
> questions in Windows Update newsgroup?
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
>
> mongoose wrote:
> > same senerio with me. running vista and got the hp photosmart 7180
> > all-in-one printer. i can't believe ms hasn't addressed this issue yet.
> > blah.....
> >
> > "RC" wrote:
> >
> >> Host proces for windows services stopped working on my computer too. I
> >> have an HP PHotosmart all in one C7180wireless printer. I have had
> >> problems with the HP software and my scanner has stopped working too.
> >> It does not look like anyone has solved this issue YET. I will check
> >> at
> >> the HP website. Have spoken with a number of HP techs and they are
> >> unfamiliar with the problem. AFTER HOURS of being on the phone with them.
> >> grrrrrrrr.

PA Bear

Re: MICROSFT WINDOWS Host process for windows services stopped wor
Unless uninstalling an update resolves the behavior, I'm afraid the problem
has nothing to do with Windows Update.

If you want to bring something to MS's attention, these peer-to-peer support
public newsgroups won't accomplish that. See
http://support.microsoft.com/gp/assistsupport
--
~PA Bear

mongoose wrote:
> ms should at least address this issue. i have the same printer networked
> an xp pc, and have no problem. i have another pc networked with with the
> printer running vista home basic....no problem. the issue seems to be
> with
> vista premium. if this is an hp issue, then ms should say so. not much
> ask from the leader in the industry. another post said she has made ms
> aware of this issue via phone. i don't believe she has had a response. i
> posted this issue here because that's the topic!
>
> "PA Bear" wrote:
>
>> [Forwarded to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan via
>> crosspost]
>>
>> Why do you think MS is the responsible party? Why are you posting your
>> questions in Windows Update newsgroup?
>> --
>> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
>> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/
>>
>> mongoose wrote:
>>> same senerio with me. running vista and got the hp photosmart 7180
>>> all-in-one printer. i can't believe ms hasn't addressed this issue yet.
>>> blah.....

cichlidman

Re: MICROSFT WINDOWS Host process for windows services stopped wor
I have the same exact problem with my HP 2610 Photosmart All-in-One-printer.
I also can't uninstall or reinstall software as the error shuts down the
software. This is most lokely a MS issue. I was on the phone w/them earlier
today with a network problem. Windows Vista Ultimate reconfigured router to
different workgroup. I lost internet connectivity. After 3 hours on the phone
& 3-wayed w/Linksys-Linksys resolved issue with connectivity not with
software. In my opinion, MS doesn't do a good job with resolving software
issues-they usually tell you it's a 3rd party vendor.This problem affects
more than just the HP printers. I have the same error w/my ethernet adapter,
I have 3 because of this, sound card, & imaging software. Any suggestions
would be greatly appreciated.
--
Cichlids rule

"PA Bear" wrote:

> Unless uninstalling an update resolves the behavior, I'm afraid the problem
> has nothing to do with Windows Update.
>
> If you want to bring something to MS's attention, these peer-to-peer support
> public newsgroups won't accomplish that. See
> http://support.microsoft.com/gp/assistsupport
> --
> ~PA Bear
>
> mongoose wrote:
> > ms should at least address this issue. i have the same printer networked
> > an xp pc, and have no problem. i have another pc networked with with the
> > printer running vista home basic....no problem. the issue seems to be
> > with
> > vista premium. if this is an hp issue, then ms should say so. not much
> > ask from the leader in the industry. another post said she has made ms
> > aware of this issue via phone. i don't believe she has had a response. i
> > posted this issue here because that's the topic!
> >
> > "PA Bear" wrote:
> >
> >> [Forwarded to microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan via
> >> crosspost]
> >>
> >> Why do you think MS is the responsible party? Why are you posting your
> >> questions in Windows Update newsgroup?
> >> --
> >> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> >> MS MVP-Windows (IE, OE, Security, Shell/User)
> >> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
> >> DTS-L http://dts-l.net/

antioch

Re: MICROSFT WINDOWS Host process for windows services stopped wor
Why have you added your problem onto an old post - it will probably not get
seen.
Don't see what this has to do with windows.update either.
A better place would/might be here - if you can find this group in the web
interface discussion group.

microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan

Antioch

"cichlidman" <cichlidman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have the same exact problem with my HP 2610 Photosmart
>All-in-One-printer.
> I also can't uninstall or reinstall software as the error shuts down the
> software. This is most lokely a MS issue. I was on the phone w/them
> earlier
> today with a network problem. Windows Vista Ultimate reconfigured router
> different workgroup. I lost internet connectivity. After 3 hours on the
> phone
> & 3-wayed w/Linksys-Linksys resolved issue with connectivity not with
> software. In my opinion, MS doesn't do a good job with resolving software
> issues-they usually tell you it's a 3rd party vendor.This problem affects
> more than just the HP printers. I have the same error w/my ethernet
> adapter,
> I have 3 because of this, sound card, & imaging software. Any suggestions
> would be greatly appreciated.
> --
> Cichlids rule
>

> "PA Bear" wrote:
>
>> Unless uninstalling an update resolves the behavior, I'm afraid the
>> problem
>> has nothing to do with Windows Update.
>>
>> If you want to bring something to MS's attention, these peer-to-peer
>> support
>> public newsgroups won't accomplish that. See
>> http://support.microsoft.com/gp/assistsupport
>> --
>> ~PA Bear
>>
>> mongoose wrote:
>> > ms should at least address this issue. i have the same printer
>> > networked
>> > an xp pc, and have no problem. i have another pc networked with with
>> > the
>> > printer running vista home basic....no problem. the issue seems to be
>> > with
>> > vista premium. if this is an hp issue, then ms should say so. not
>> > much
>> > ask from the leader in the industry. another post said she has made ms
>> > aware of this issue via phone. i don't believe she has had a response.
>> > posted this issue here because that's the topic!

michael

Re: MICROSFT WINDOWS Host process for windows services stopped wor
I face the same problem for HP photosmart C7280 all in one wirelss printer.
all other pc n laptop with xp environment has no issue using the printer.
When i install printer software error message of "Windows installer stop
working correctly" close the prgram. it can continue to install but the
printer is not working 100%. a first print and scan works but fax does not
work. \hp chat suport give many 'solution' but problem remain the same.
the latest one is uninstall level 3 and reinstall back software. \no error
message pop up but both fax and scan can not function.
can not find hpsfx08.exe file when search in Run.
anyone can help me ?
Both Windows Vista and HP support are useless!!!!

"antioch" wrote:

> Why have you added your problem onto an old post - it will probably not get
> seen.
> Don't see what this has to do with windows.update either.
> A better place would/might be here - if you can find this group in the web
> interface discussion group.
>
> microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
>
> Antioch
>
> "cichlidman" <cichlidman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have the same exact problem with my HP 2610 Photosmart
> >All-in-One-printer.
> > I also can't uninstall or reinstall software as the error shuts down the
> > software. This is most lokely a MS issue. I was on the phone w/them
> > earlier
> > today with a network problem. Windows Vista Ultimate reconfigured router
> > different workgroup. I lost internet connectivity. After 3 hours on the
> > phone
> > & 3-wayed w/Linksys-Linksys resolved issue with connectivity not with
> > software. In my opinion, MS doesn't do a good job with resolving software
> > issues-they usually tell you it's a 3rd party vendor.This problem affects
> > more than just the HP printers. I have the same error w/my ethernet
> > adapter,
> > I have 3 because of this, sound card, & imaging software. Any suggestions
> > would be greatly appreciated.
> > --
> > Cichlids rule
> >

> > "PA Bear" wrote:
> >
> >> Unless uninstalling an update resolves the behavior, I'm afraid the
> >> problem
> >> has nothing to do with Windows Update.
> >>
> >> If you want to bring something to MS's attention, these peer-to-peer
> >> support
> >> public newsgroups won't accomplish that. See
> >> http://support.microsoft.com/gp/assistsupport
> >> --
> >> ~PA Bear

townsy37

Re: MICROSFT WINDOWS Host process for windows services stopped working

hi,everybody, I have been having the same annoying problem with this
when i have tried to play videos from my media center library,same
message (run dll32) stopped working etc,then close down of media center
(windows vista home premium by the way) tried everything but the kitchen
sink on this one ,I have eventually solved it during a search through
various forums ,found out in my case it was nero7 causing the problem
,so I was instructed to try the following and up to now its
worked,here,s what I did,went into local disc( c>program files>common
files>select folder Ahead>select folder DSFilter>then rename folder
NeVideo.ax to 1NeVideo.ax I have not got a clue what this has done cos I
am certainly no technical wizard on a pc but it (media center) does now
play videos from the library instead of me having to use VLC player
etc,I hope this can work for some of you .

--
townsy37
townsy37's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/townsy37.htm

http://forums.techarena.in