Blank Window

jo60

Blank Window
I get a blank window when I go to windows update. I have issued this command:

regsvr32 jscript.dll

as one of the trouble shooting tips advised but still get the blank window.

Does anyone have a clue?

--
jo60
TaurArian

Re: Blank Window
You may also need to re-register the mshtml.dll

further info -

You receive a scripting error or a blank page when you visit the Windows Update Web site
or the Microsoft Update Web site
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/836948

--
====================================
TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2008 - Australia

"jo60" <jo60@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
|I get a blank window when I go to windows update. I have issued this command:
|
| regsvr32 jscript.dll
|
| as one of the trouble shooting tips advised but still get the blank window.
|
| Does anyone have a clue?
|

| --
| jo60

tedazy

RE: Blank Window
jo60, am so sorry this didn't work for you . . . but you've made my day
anyway. Have had same problem - tried the regsver32 jscript.dll command after
reading your post and it worked for me. Have been trying everything for a
week now. Thank you - hope you can find good solution for your problem real
soon!

Can you access secure websites? There are several posts with tips for that -
it seems to be a related issue.

"jo60" wrote:

> I get a blank window when I go to windows update. I have issued this command:
>
> regsvr32 jscript.dll
>
> as one of the trouble shooting tips advised but still get the blank window.
>
> Does anyone have a clue?
>

> --
> jo60

jo60

RE: Blank Window
Well, I obtained dial-a-fix (google it) and I am now getting what looks like
a script below the main window.

I believe it is the active-x script that is used to check to see if you have
the right software on your machine to use microsoft update. Here it is:

var iSubPage = 0; var sDir = "ltr" ; if(iSubPage ==
parent.conSplashMandatoryUpdates){ var sMandatoryUpdateIndexes = ""; }
function fnHideMUGetStarted() { // Some locales won't have this
if(typeof(MUGetStartedOuter) != "undefined") {
MUGetStartedOuter.style.display = "none"; } }
Checking if your computer has the latest version of Windows updating
software for use with the website…

The website uses ActiveX controls to determine which version of the software
your computer is running. If you see an ActiveX warning, make sure the
control is digitally signed by Microsoft before installing it or allowing it
to run.

I don't know why this is displayed below the main window but something is
definitely wrong.

--
jo60