.NET Framework 1.1 Service Pack 1 won't install

Eric P

.NET Framework 1.1 Service Pack 1 won't install
I've tried everything the help window has suggested (deleted update history,
etc...) and this update still fails every time I try to install it. Is
anyone else having this problem? Has anyone figured out how to get around
it? If so get back to me...it's driving me nuts! Thanks.
Chris

RE: .NET Framework 1.1 Service Pack 1 won't install
Exact same thing here. Probably a universal problem with this.

"Eric P" wrote:

> I've tried everything the help window has suggested (deleted update history,
> etc...) and this update still fails every time I try to install it. Is
> anyone else having this problem? Has anyone figured out how to get around
> it? If so get back to me...it's driving me nuts! Thanks.

Alexx

RE: .NET Framework 1.1 Service Pack 1 won't install
Not sure if this will work for you too - truly hope so.
I had the same issue and decided to try over and over and be patient.
-> I've installed some other updates on top of that; and gave my system a
few reboots and a night rest... I then installed todays updates (mediacenter
and .net 3.0 x86), tried again to install the .net service pack. And voila,
it's installed! (at least the log tells me that...)

"Chris" wrote:

> Exact same thing here. Probably a universal problem with this.
>
> "Eric P" wrote:
>
> > I've tried everything the help window has suggested (deleted update history,
> > etc...) and this update still fails every time I try to install it. Is
> > anyone else having this problem? Has anyone figured out how to get around
> > it? If so get back to me...it's driving me nuts! Thanks.

TaurArian

Re: .NET Framework 1.1 Service Pack 1 won't install
The workaround is to manually install the update either from a freshly downloaded copy
from MS or from your softwaredistribution/downloads folder.

Why it's being offered is still a mystery.

--
====================================
TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2008 - Australia

"Eric P" <Eric P@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
| I've tried everything the help window has suggested (deleted update history,
| etc...) and this update still fails every time I try to install it. Is
| anyone else having this problem? Has anyone figured out how to get around
| it? If so get back to me...it's driving me nuts! Thanks.

m6y25

"Eric P" wrote:

> I've tried everything the help window has suggested (deleted update history,
> etc...) and this update still fails every time I try to install it. Is
> anyone else having this problem? Has anyone figured out how to get around
> it? If so get back to me...it's driving me nuts! Thanks.

Fallstar

RE: .NET Framework 1.1 Service Pack 1 won't install
I had the same problem, and posted to the thread with 70+ replies. I ignored
it until today, when I followed someone's suggestion to find the downloaded
file and right-click and Run as Administrator (Vista). It installed properly
from there. However that was an old update (dated 2004)....and just 15
minutes ago I got another downloaded update for the same NET Framework 1.1,
but this time it was a new one dated today 11/30/2007. That one installed
successfully first try.

"Eric P" wrote:

> I've tried everything the help window has suggested (deleted update history,
> etc...) and this update still fails every time I try to install it. Is
> anyone else having this problem? Has anyone figured out how to get around
> it? If so get back to me...it's driving me nuts! Thanks.

TaurArian

Re: .NET Framework 1.1 Service Pack 1 won't install
Apparently the installation problems has been revised and fixed. That's all I know at the
moment.

====================================

"Fallstar" <Fallstar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
|I had the same problem, and posted to the thread with 70+ replies. I ignored
| it until today, when I followed someone's suggestion to find the downloaded
| file and right-click and Run as Administrator (Vista). It installed properly
| from there. However that was an old update (dated 2004)....and just 15
| minutes ago I got another downloaded update for the same NET Framework 1.1,
| but this time it was a new one dated today 11/30/2007. That one installed
| successfully first try.
|
| "Eric P" wrote:
|
| > I've tried everything the help window has suggested (deleted update history,
| > etc...) and this update still fails every time I try to install it. Is
| > anyone else having this problem? Has anyone figured out how to get around
| > it? If so get back to me...it's driving me nuts! Thanks.

Rich97

"TaurArian" wrote:

> Apparently the installation problems has been revised and fixed. That's all I know at the
> moment.

> ====================================
> TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2008 - Australia
> ====================================
> http://taurarian.mvps.org/index.htm
>

> "Fallstar" <Fallstar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> |I had the same problem, and posted to the thread with 70+ replies. I ignored
> | it until today, when I followed someone's suggestion to find the downloaded
> | file and right-click and Run as Administrator (Vista). It installed properly
> | from there. However that was an old update (dated 2004)....and just 15
> | minutes ago I got another downloaded update for the same NET Framework 1.1,
> | but this time it was a new one dated today 11/30/2007. That one installed
> | successfully first try.
> |
> | "Eric P" wrote:
> |
> | > I've tried everything the help window has suggested (deleted update history,
> | > etc...) and this update still fails every time I try to install it. Is
> | > anyone else having this problem? Has anyone figured out how to get around
> | > it? If so get back to me...it's driving me nuts! Thanks.
>

> Yes, it seems that Microsoft has fixed the problem. There is a new service pack dated today. It installed fine for me. Of course, I spent several hours yesterday trying to figure out what was going on. Followed various troubleshooting procedures, deleted my download history, etc. This is just another example of very poor quality control. How in the world can you put a service pack on the update site and not even check to see if it will install? If I was the boss I would fire the clown programmers that put this initial update on the site. This is just another example of why there will never be a computer in every household. Sorry for the rant but I just get upset sometimes.

Rich97

"Rich97" wrote:

> "TaurArian" wrote:
>
> > Apparently the installation problems has been revised and fixed. That's all I know at the
> > moment.
> >
> > --
> > ====================================
> > TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2008 - Australia
> > ====================================
> > How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
> > http://taurarian.mvps.org/index.htm
> > Emails will not be acknowledged - please post to the newsgroup so all may benefit.
> >

> > "Fallstar" <Fallstar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > |I had the same problem, and posted to the thread with 70+ replies. I ignored
> > | it until today, when I followed someone's suggestion to find the downloaded
> > | file and right-click and Run as Administrator (Vista). It installed properly
> > | from there. However that was an old update (dated 2004)....and just 15
> > | minutes ago I got another downloaded update for the same NET Framework 1.1,
> > | but this time it was a new one dated today 11/30/2007. That one installed
> > | successfully first try.

> > Rich97 wrote
> > Yes, it seems that Microsoft has fixed the problem. There is a new service pack dated today. It installed fine for me. Of course, I spent several hours yesterday trying to figure out what was going on. Followed various troubleshooting procedures, deleted my download history, etc. This is just another example of very poor quality control. How in the world can you put a service pack on the update site and not even check to see if it will install? If I was the boss I would fire the clown programmers that put this initial update on the site. This is just another example of why there will never be a computer in every household. Sorry for the rant but I just get upset sometimes.

Arturo

RE: .NET Framework 1.1 Service Pack 1 won't install
Try this, Dowload and save Uninstall Cleanup Tool for the .NET Framework 1.0
and .NET Framework 1.1 updates KB928366, KB929729, and KB928367, from
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en.
Run the program, it will take some seconds. Reboot your pc.
After that manually dowload and save, (do not run) .net framework 1.1, from
Then run the program