Error with Admin Credentials while using Vista Windows Updater

xboxguy

Error with Admin Credentials while using Vista Windows Updater
I have been experiencing this problem for about a week now. First, the
background information, and as I said, this popped up a few times here and
there over the course of the last year, but now for about a week or two weeks
solid, I cannot install any windows updates on my computer. I am the only
user on it, thus I am by default labeled as an Administrator. I both left
click and run Windows Update, and right click and choose "Run as
Administrator" and still experience a dialog box that pops up when I try to
press the Install Updates button that says "You need to provide administrator
permission". This is extremely annoying and was wondering if you guys had
any suggestions that could rectify this issue?
gamartin

RE: Error with Admin Credentials while using Vista Windows Updater

"xboxguy" wrote:

> I have been experiencing this problem for about a week now. First, the
> background information, and as I said, this popped up a few times here and
> there over the course of the last year, but now for about a week or two weeks
> solid, I cannot install any windows updates on my computer. I am the only
> user on it, thus I am by default labeled as an Administrator. I both left
> click and run Windows Update, and right click and choose "Run as
> Administrator" and still experience a dialog box that pops up when I try to
> press the Install Updates button that says "You need to provide administrator
> permission". This is extremely annoying and was wondering if you guys had
> any suggestions that could rectify this issue?

gamartin

RE: Error with Admin Credentials while using Vista Windows Updater
I had this same problem, and I happened to find something that worked.
Perhaps the same thing will work for you: Open Windows Update, click "Change
Settings", and then check to see if the settings are the ones you prefer. If
not, change your settings, click OK, etc., and then try to install Windows
updates.