HID Non-User Input Data Filter Error

Martin

HID Non-User Input Data Filter Error
After updating my system from Windows XP Home to Professional, I receive the
following error each time I boot my system:

Cannot Install this Hardware

There was a problem installing this hardware:

HID Non-User Input Data Filter

An error occured during the installation of the device

Fatal error during installation

My computer is a Dell Inspiron 5100 and the mouse that is giving me the
trouble is a Microsoft Wireless Notebook Optical Mouse 1.0A. So far, I've
tried the following:

- Rolling back the driver to a prior version.
- Installing Microsoft Intellipoint 6.2 software.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Martin

Re: HID Non-User Input Data Filter Error
I just ran Windows Update and tried installing the fix for this problem.
Unfortunately, it would not install and gave me Error Code: 0x80070643.
Anyone know what this means?

Thanks!

"Martin" <martin.shipon@verizon.net> wrote in message
> After updating my system from Windows XP Home to Professional, I receive
> the following error each time I boot my system:
>
> Cannot Install this Hardware
>
> There was a problem installing this hardware:
>
> HID Non-User Input Data Filter
>
> An error occured during the installation of the device
>
> Fatal error during installation
>
> My computer is a Dell Inspiron 5100 and the mouse that is giving me the
> trouble is a Microsoft Wireless Notebook Optical Mouse 1.0A. So far, I've
> tried the following:
>
> - Rolling back the driver to a prior version.
> - Installing Microsoft Intellipoint 6.2 software.
>
> Any suggestions would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks!

Engel

Re: HID Non-User Input Data Filter Error
Hello Martin,

0x80070643 -2147023293 ERROR_INSTALL_FAILURE

Error 0x 80070643 is returned, and the extended error is 1000-1999 or
(0x3e8-0x7cf)

See if http://support.microsoft.com/kb/906602 helps
- -- --

"Martin" wrote:

> I just ran Windows Update and tried installing the fix for this problem.
> Unfortunately, it would not install and gave me Error Code: 0x80070643.
> Anyone know what this means?
>
> Thanks!
>

> "Martin" <martin.shipon@verizon.net> wrote in message
> > After updating my system from Windows XP Home to Professional, I receive
> > the following error each time I boot my system:
> >
> > Cannot Install this Hardware
> >
> > There was a problem installing this hardware:
> >
> > HID Non-User Input Data Filter
> >
> > An error occured during the installation of the device
> >
> > Fatal error during installation
> >
> > My computer is a Dell Inspiron 5100 and the mouse that is giving me the
> > trouble is a Microsoft Wireless Notebook Optical Mouse 1.0A. So far, I've
> > tried the following:
> >
> > - Rolling back the driver to a prior version.
> > - Installing Microsoft Intellipoint 6.2 software.
> >
> > Any suggestions would be appreciated.
> >
> > Thanks!

Martin

Re: HID Non-User Input Data Filter Error
OK... I'm lost. Anything a little more specific?

"Engel" <Engel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello Martin,
>
> 0x80070643 -2147023293 ERROR_INSTALL_FAILURE
>
> Error 0x 80070643 is returned, and the extended error is 1000-1999 or
> (0x3e8-0x7cf)
>
> See if http://support.microsoft.com/kb/906602 helps
> - -- --
>

> "Martin" wrote:
>
>> I just ran Windows Update and tried installing the fix for this problem.
>> Unfortunately, it would not install and gave me Error Code: 0x80070643.
>> Anyone know what this means?
>>
>> Thanks!
>>

>> "Martin" <martin.shipon@verizon.net> wrote in message
>> > After updating my system from Windows XP Home to Professional, I
>> > receive
>> > the following error each time I boot my system:
>> >
>> > Cannot Install this Hardware
>> >
>> > There was a problem installing this hardware:
>> >
>> > HID Non-User Input Data Filter
>> >
>> > An error occured during the installation of the device
>> >
>> > Fatal error during installation
>> >
>> > My computer is a Dell Inspiron 5100 and the mouse that is giving me the
>> > trouble is a Microsoft Wireless Notebook Optical Mouse 1.0A. So far,
>> > I've
>> > tried the following:
>> >
>> > - Rolling back the driver to a prior version.
>> > - Installing Microsoft Intellipoint 6.2 software.
>> >
>> > Any suggestions would be appreciated.
>> >
>> > Thanks!

Garth H

Re: HID Non-User Input Data Filter Error
I have been through all that Martin did and with the same results. In
addition, have done a repair install of WIN XP-SP2 with all the attendant
problems (now solved) and still I get this problem. Don't know where to turn
short of format HDD and complete reinstall, because the New Hardware message
comes up and fails on every reboot. However, the MS Wireless Laser Mouse
5000 seems to function without problem. Think that problem could be related
to a defective file downloaded by Microsoft update (since never has to
download it before failing) ... any way to delete such a downloaded file?
--
RGH

"Martin" wrote:

> I just ran Windows Update and tried installing the fix for this problem.
> Unfortunately, it would not install and gave me Error Code: 0x80070643.
> Anyone know what this means?
>
> Thanks!
>

> "Martin" <martin.shipon@verizon.net> wrote in message
> > After updating my system from Windows XP Home to Professional, I receive
> > the following error each time I boot my system:
> >
> > Cannot Install this Hardware
> >
> > There was a problem installing this hardware:
> >
> > HID Non-User Input Data Filter
> >
> > An error occured during the installation of the device
> >
> > Fatal error during installation
> >
> > My computer is a Dell Inspiron 5100 and the mouse that is giving me the
> > trouble is a Microsoft Wireless Notebook Optical Mouse 1.0A. So far, I've
> > tried the following:
> >
> > - Rolling back the driver to a prior version.
> > - Installing Microsoft Intellipoint 6.2 software.
> >
> > Any suggestions would be appreciated.
> >
> > Thanks!

realcestmoi

Re: HID Non-User Input Data Filter Error
Hi there,

It sounds like a driver update has occured which messed up the USB settings.

Hopefully you did not take any non MS driver(s) from windows update?

Never take drivers from windows update unless they are intended for
Microsoft hardware.

If an updated driver is needed because the hardware does not work proper go
to the manufacturers website to look for an updated driver.

If it ain't broke: do not try to"FIX" it.

If you did take the optional drivers from windows update try booting last
known good configuration, rolling back on the driver or use system restore
in safe mode prior to a date of the problem or restore from the full system
backup you hopefully made.

Assuming you are using Windows XP: here you can see how to roll back on a
device driver:
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/u...rrollback.mspx

You can disable the update in question appearing when automatic updates is
set by going
to the windows update website and unmark (hide) driver in question.

Best regards,
Michel Denie

"Garth H" <GarthH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have been through all that Martin did and with the same results. In
> addition, have done a repair install of WIN XP-SP2 with all the attendant
> problems (now solved) and still I get this problem. Don't know where to
> turn
> short of format HDD and complete reinstall, because the New Hardware
> message
> comes up and fails on every reboot. However, the MS Wireless Laser Mouse
> 5000 seems to function without problem. Think that problem could be
> related
> to a defective file downloaded by Microsoft update (since never has to
> download it before failing) ... any way to delete such a downloaded file?
> --
> RGH
>

> "Martin" wrote:
>
>> I just ran Windows Update and tried installing the fix for this problem.
>> Unfortunately, it would not install and gave me Error Code: 0x80070643.
>> Anyone know what this means?
>>
>> Thanks!
>>

>> "Martin" <martin.shipon@verizon.net> wrote in message
>> > After updating my system from Windows XP Home to Professional, I
>> > receive
>> > the following error each time I boot my system:
>> >
>> > Cannot Install this Hardware
>> >
>> > There was a problem installing this hardware:
>> >
>> > HID Non-User Input Data Filter
>> >
>> > An error occured during the installation of the device
>> >
>> > Fatal error during installation
>> >
>> > My computer is a Dell Inspiron 5100 and the mouse that is giving me the
>> > trouble is a Microsoft Wireless Notebook Optical Mouse 1.0A. So far,
>> > I've
>> > tried the following:
>> >
>> > - Rolling back the driver to a prior version.
>> > - Installing Microsoft Intellipoint 6.2 software.
>> >
>> > Any suggestions would be appreciated.
>> >
>> > Thanks!

Garth H

Re: HID Non-User Input Data Filter Error
Michel ou RéalC'estMoi: Equipment that triggered the Windows Update is
Microsoft Wireless Laser Mouse 5000; associated software is Intellipoint 6.2.
As noted this was after a repair reinstallation. This HID Non-... etc was
on prior to that time without problem. Drivers themselves for device OK;
just this constant attempt to install HID Non-... at every boot (or every
scan for new hardware, which I use to bring SCSI device online after turning
them on or hot-plugging SCSI drives)
--
RGH

"realcestmoi" wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> It sounds like a driver update has occured which messed up the USB settings.
>
> Hopefully you did not take any non MS driver(s) from windows update?
>
> Never take drivers from windows update unless they are intended for
> Microsoft hardware.
>
> If an updated driver is needed because the hardware does not work proper go
> to the manufacturers website to look for an updated driver.
>
> If it ain't broke: do not try to"FIX" it.
>
> If you did take the optional drivers from windows update try booting last
> known good configuration, rolling back on the driver or use system restore
> in safe mode prior to a date of the problem or restore from the full system
> backup you hopefully made.
>
> Assuming you are using Windows XP: here you can see how to roll back on a
> device driver:
> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/u...rrollback.mspx
>

> You can disable the update in question appearing when automatic updates is
> set by going
> to the windows update website and unmark (hide) driver in question.
>
> Best regards,
> Michel Denie
>
> "Garth H" <GarthH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have been through all that Martin did and with the same results. In
> > addition, have done a repair install of WIN XP-SP2 with all the attendant
> > problems (now solved) and still I get this problem. Don't know where to
> > turn
> > short of format HDD and complete reinstall, because the New Hardware
> > message
> > comes up and fails on every reboot. However, the MS Wireless Laser Mouse
> > 5000 seems to function without problem. Think that problem could be
> > related
> > to a defective file downloaded by Microsoft update (since never has to
> > download it before failing) ... any way to delete such a downloaded file?
> > --
> > RGH
> >

> > "Martin" wrote:
> >
> >> I just ran Windows Update and tried installing the fix for this problem.
> >> Unfortunately, it would not install and gave me Error Code: 0x80070643.
> >> Anyone know what this means?
> >>
> >> Thanks!

realcestmoi

Re: HID Non-User Input Data Filter Error
Hi there,

Try deleting the Intellipoint drivers and re-install them and see if that
solves the problem.

> Michel ou RéalC'estMoi: Equipment that triggered the Windows Update is
> Microsoft Wireless Laser Mouse 5000; associated software is Intellipoint
> 6.2.
> As noted this was after a repair reinstallation. This HID Non-... etc was
> on prior to that time without problem. Drivers themselves for device OK;
> just this constant attempt to install HID Non-... at every boot (or every
> scan for new hardware, which I use to bring SCSI device online after
> turning
> them on or hot-plugging SCSI drives)
> --
> RGH
>

> "realcestmoi" wrote:
>
>> Hi there,
>>
>> It sounds like a driver update has occured which messed up the USB
>> settings.
>>
>> Hopefully you did not take any non MS driver(s) from windows update?
>>
>> Never take drivers from windows update unless they are intended for
>> Microsoft hardware.
>>
>> If an updated driver is needed because the hardware does not work proper
>> go
>> to the manufacturers website to look for an updated driver.
>>
>> If it ain't broke: do not try to"FIX" it.
>>
>> If you did take the optional drivers from windows update try booting last
>> known good configuration, rolling back on the driver or use system
>> restore
>> in safe mode prior to a date of the problem or restore from the full
>> system
>> backup you hopefully made.
>>
>> Assuming you are using Windows XP: here you can see how to roll back on a
>> device driver:
>> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/u...rrollback.mspx
>>

>> You can disable the update in question appearing when automatic updates
>> is
>> set by going
>> to the windows update website and unmark (hide) driver in question.
>>
>> Best regards,
>> Michel Denie
>>
>> "Garth H" <GarthH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I have been through all that Martin did and with the same results. In
>> > addition, have done a repair install of WIN XP-SP2 with all the
>> > attendant
>> > problems (now solved) and still I get this problem. Don't know where
>> > turn
>> > short of format HDD and complete reinstall, because the New Hardware
>> > message
>> > comes up and fails on every reboot. However, the MS Wireless Laser
>> > Mouse
>> > 5000 seems to function without problem. Think that problem could be
>> > related
>> > to a defective file downloaded by Microsoft update (since never has to
>> > download it before failing) ... any way to delete such a downloaded
>> > file?
>> > --
>> > RGH

Garth H

Re: HID Non-User Input Data Filter Error
I have already done this twice without benefit. This error has no
perceptible effect on the only USB device that is attached, the MICROSOFT
mouse! I have also tried both disabling and deleting the HID item that
shows up in the device list as unknown device but it reappears on the next
boot. It's so unknown I have searched all over the physical machine and
cannot find it. I have loaded / installed the latest Intel drivers and BIOS
for the machine which has an Intel Pentium D processor and an Intel D945GNT
motherboard.

I have hidden the (already downloaded) update named above which shows up in
Windows / Microsoft Update, which always fails when applied. >>>>>> If
anyone knows how to remove the download from the machine, that would be
helpful ... perhaps a fresh download might work. <<<<<<

Otherwise I shall live with this until my next format of my system C: drive
and install which will take place in about mid-July. It would be nice to
know where the downloaded updates are stored so that one doesn't have to go
through downloading 100+ updates every 4-6 months when I do a full install.
Fortunately all my data and applications are on other drives.
--
RGH

"realcestmoi" wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> Try deleting the Intellipoint drivers and re-install them and see if that
> solves the problem.
>
> Best regards,
> Michel Denie
>
> "Garth H" <GarthH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Michel ou RéalC'estMoi: Equipment that triggered the Windows Update is
> > Microsoft Wireless Laser Mouse 5000; associated software is Intellipoint
> > 6.2.
> > As noted this was after a repair reinstallation. This HID Non-... etc was
> > on prior to that time without problem. Drivers themselves for device OK;
> > just this constant attempt to install HID Non-... at every boot (or every
> > scan for new hardware, which I use to bring SCSI device online after
> > turning
> > them on or hot-plugging SCSI drives)
> > --
> > RGH
> >

> > "realcestmoi" wrote:
> >
> >> Hi there,
> >>
> >> It sounds like a driver update has occured which messed up the USB
> >> settings.
> >>
> >> Hopefully you did not take any non MS driver(s) from windows update?
> >>
> >> Never take drivers from windows update unless they are intended for
> >> Microsoft hardware.
> >>
> >> If an updated driver is needed because the hardware does not work proper
> >> go
> >> to the manufacturers website to look for an updated driver.
> >>
> >> If it ain't broke: do not try to"FIX" it.
> >>
> >> If you did take the optional drivers from windows update try booting last
> >> known good configuration, rolling back on the driver or use system
> >> restore
> >> in safe mode prior to a date of the problem or restore from the full
> >> system
> >> backup you hopefully made.
> >>
> >> Assuming you are using Windows XP: here you can see how to roll back on a
> >> device driver:
> >> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/u...rrollback.mspx
> >>

> >> You can disable the update in question appearing when automatic updates
> >> is
> >> set by going
> >> to the windows update website and unmark (hide) driver in question.
> >>
> >> Best regards,
> >> Michel Denie

realcestmoi

Re: HID Non-User Input Data Filter Error
Hi there,

I am sorry not te be able to be of more assistance.

If it was my computer I would make a repair installation an update windows
again skipping the update in question and all should be fine. Make sure to
hide the update in question on the windows update webpage.

Good luck and best regards,