error code 80070005 hp w2007 monitor vista

Robin

error code 80070005 hp w2007 monitor vista

crzyrenea View profile
More options Aug 28, 7:00 pm

Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsupdate
From: crzyrenea <crzyre...@discussions.microsoft.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2007 18:00:07 -0700
Subject: RE: Encountering WindowsUpdate_80070005 Error
I am having the same exact problem!!! Doesn't make me real happy about
my new
purchase! Does this mean the monitor is not working properly? I'll
also be
waiting for help on this one! Thanks to anyone with suggestions!

"ykajita" wrote:
> I just purchased a HP desktop with Vista Home Premium. Window Update

prompts
> me to install an update for the HP w2007 Wide LCD Monitor, but it

fails and
> gives the error code 80070005. I am not a programmer, so I'm not

sure how to
> get into the nitty gritty coding. After reading other posts I

understand this
> error is regarding 'permissions' but what does that mean? How can I

fix this

Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsupdate
From: stossmann <stossmann.2zf...@news.home.local>
Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2007 17:04:55 -0500
Reply | Reply to author | Forward | Print | Individual message | Show
original | Report this message | Find messages by this author
I IMed Tech Support. . . Here is the solution, it's relatively simple
and more importantly, it works!

1. Disable Windows Update
a. Click on start
b. Click on all programs
c. Click on accessories
d. Click on Run
e. Type services.msc and press ok
f. Right click on "Windows Update"
g. Click on stop (Windows Update is now disabled)
2. Rename Software Distribution folder
a. Navigate to: C:/Windows/
b. Find the folder named: "SoftwareDistribution"
c. Rename that folder to something like
"SoftwareDistribution.old"
d. Create a new folder called "SoftwareDistribution"
3. Enable Windows Update
a. Click on start
b. Click on all programs
c. Click on accessories
d. Click on Run
e. Type services.msc and press ok
f. Right click on windows update
g. Click on start
If you are unable to find Software Distribution Folder, follow these
steps before #2 above.
1. From the explorer window press the Alt key to view the file
menu.
2. Click Tools
3. Select Folder Options
4. Select the View tab
5. Select "Show hidden files and folders"
6. Remove the selection from "Hide protected operating system
files"
7. Click OK

Restart your PC and you should be good to go!

--
stossmann

Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsupdate
From: vlevi <vl...@discussions.microsoft.com>
Date: Sun, 4 Nov 2007 21:16:00 -0800
Reply | Reply to author | Forward | Print | Individual message | Show
original | Report this message | Find messages by this author
I just purchased HP Pavilion m9040n machine (OS=Windows Vista Home
premium)
and HP w2007 monitor. Have the same problem: every day Windows Update
fails
to install an update for HP w2007 monitor with the same error code
80070005.
Which is annoying.

The procedure described below does not work. I did it 3 times. Every
time
run Windows Update after the procedure, it fails to install with the
same
error message.

Manufacturer's CD software also fails to install the driver because of
unspecified error.

In Device Manager that hardware is listed under 'Other' category with
small
question mark on the icon. 'Properties' does report that "This device
is
working properly." and device does indeed work properly. The problem
is an
annoying Windows Update reminders and consistent failure to install
that
update every day.

"stossmann" wrote:

> I IMed Tech Support. . . Here is the solution, it's relatively

simple
> and more importantly, it works!

> 1. Disable Windows Update
> a. Click on start
> b. Click on all programs
> c. Click on accessories
> d. Click on Run
> e. Type services.msc and press ok
> f. Right click on "Windows Update"
> g. Click on stop (Windows Update is now disabled)
> 2. Rename Software Distribution folder
> a. Navigate to: C:/Windows/
> b. Find the folder named: "SoftwareDistribution"
> c. Rename that folder to something like "SoftwareDistribution.old"
> d. Create a new folder called "SoftwareDistribution"
> 3. Enable Windows Update
> a. Click on start
> b. Click on all programs
> c. Click on accessories
> d. Click on Run
> e. Type services.msc and press ok
> f. Right click on windows update
> g. Click on start
> If you are unable to find Software Distribution Folder, follow these
> steps before #2 above.
> 1. From the explorer window press the Alt key to view the file menu.
> 2. Click Tools
> 3. Select Folder Options
> 4. Select the View tab
> 5. Select "Show hidden files and folders"
> 6. Remove the selection from "Hide protected operating system files"
> 7. Click OK

> Restart your PC and you should be good to go!

> --
> stossmann

stossmann View profile
More options Nov 19, 6:47 pm

Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsupdate
From: stossmann <stossmann.30b...@news.home.local>
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2007 18:47:46 -0600
Reply | Reply to author | Forward | Print | Individual message | Show
original | Report this message | Find messages by this author
All I can tell you is that this is the procedure I followed and it
worked for me. . . Perhaps, since your computer is new, you could try
IMing Tech Support.

--
stossmann

Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsupdate
From: corre...@hotmail.com
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2007 17:41:16 -0800 (PST)

Having same problem. Won't install. If you right click on the install
file, you can put it in hidden updates so at least it won't show up
anymore.