Intel Corp driver update for Mobile Intel(R) 965 Express Chipset

sjziro

Intel Corp driver update for Mobile Intel(R) 965 Express Chipset
I recently got an Acer Extensa 4620Z at Best Buy. When I go to the Windows
Update, there's one available:

Intel Corporation driver update for Mobile Intel(R) 965 Express Chipset
Family

Download size: 11.2 MB

You may need to restart your computer for this update to take effect.

Update type: Optional

This driver was provided by Intel Corporation for support of Mobile Intel(R)
965 Express Chipset Family

More information:
http://winqual.microsoft.com/support/?driverid=2040

Help and Support:
http://support.microsoft.com/select/?target=hub

So when I tried to get the update my computer blue screened on me and I had
to do a system restore. I've read where other people have had this same
problem with this computer. Can anyone tell me why this is happening and if
there a solution to the problem? Thank you so much.
PA Bear

Re: Intel Corp driver update for Mobile Intel(R) 965 Express Chipset
Don't install any driver or third-party application updates offered by
Windows Update.
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.org/

sjziro wrote:
> I recently got an Acer Extensa 4620Z at Best Buy. When I go to the Windows
> Update, there's one available:
>
> Intel Corporation driver update for Mobile Intel(R) 965 Express Chipset
> Family
>
> Download size: 11.2 MB
>
> You may need to restart your computer for this update to take effect.
>
> Update type: Optional
>

> This driver was provided by Intel Corporation for support of Mobile
> Intel(R)
> 965 Express Chipset Family
>
> More information:
> http://winqual.microsoft.com/support/?driverid=2040
>
> Help and Support:
> http://support.microsoft.com/select/?target=hub
>
> So when I tried to get the update my computer blue screened on me and I
> had
> to do a system restore. I've read where other people have had this same
> problem with this computer. Can anyone tell me why this is happening and
> if
> there a solution to the problem? Thank you so much.

Azz

Re: Intel Corp driver update for Mobile Intel(R) 965 Express Chips
Yeah that sure was a good answer :P

I got the same trouble but, it is so sad, I can't even install the
vista-drivers from Intel's official page either, and Acer doesn't seem to
offer any updated drivers as well.

What can we do? (IF we want to upgrade and make use of the potential this
card offers)
--
Acer TM 5320
1GB Ram 120 GB hdd

"PA Bear" wrote:

> Don't install any driver or third-party application updates offered by
> Windows Update.
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
> DTS-L http://dts-l.org/

realcestmoi

Re: Intel Corp driver update for Mobile Intel(R) 965 Express Chips
Hi there,

What you can do is leave it be working fine

Do not think that a driver update will do a miracle and make your PC 5%
faster.

Best regards,
Michel Denie
"Azz" <Azz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Yeah that sure was a good answer :P
>
> I got the same trouble but, it is so sad, I can't even install the
> vista-drivers from Intel's official page either, and Acer doesn't seem to
> offer any updated drivers as well.
>
> What can we do? (IF we want to upgrade and make use of the potential this
> card offers)
> --
> Acer TM 5320
> 1GB Ram 120 GB hdd
> Intel Celeron 530 (1,733 Ghz)
> X3100
>

> "PA Bear" wrote:
>
>> Don't install any driver or third-party application updates offered by
>> Windows Update.
>> --
>> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
>> DTS-L http://dts-l.org/

Azz

Re: Intel Corp driver update for Mobile Intel(R) 965 Express Chips
Thx for the reply.

Well I have nothing else to do then just leave it be, but it's sad that I
can't use it. According some forums around that very driver activates some
nice functions in X3100 that might be fun to be able to use.
--
Windows Vista Home Premium
Acer TM 5320

"realcestmoi" wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> What you can do is leave it be working fine
>
> Do not think that a driver update will do a miracle and make your PC 5%
> faster.
>
> Best regards,
> Michel Denie
> "Azz" <Azz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Yeah that sure was a good answer :P
> >
> > I got the same trouble but, it is so sad, I can't even install the
> > vista-drivers from Intel's official page either, and Acer doesn't seem to
> > offer any updated drivers as well.
> >
> > What can we do? (IF we want to upgrade and make use of the potential this
> > card offers)
> > --
> > Acer TM 5320
> > 1GB Ram 120 GB hdd
> > Intel Celeron 530 (1,733 Ghz)
> > X3100
> >

> > "PA Bear" wrote:
> >
> >> Don't install any driver or third-party application updates offered by
> >> Windows Update.
> >> --
> >> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> >> MS MVP-Windows (IE, OE, Security, Shell/User)
> >> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
> >> DTS-L http://dts-l.org/

realcestmoi

Re: Intel Corp driver update for Mobile Intel(R) 965 Express Chips
Hi there,
You are welcome

Check at the manufacturer for an updated driver if that might fix or improve
something.

> Thx for the reply.
>
> Well I have nothing else to do then just leave it be, but it's sad that I
> can't use it. According some forums around that very driver activates some
> nice functions in X3100 that might be fun to be able to use.
> --
> Windows Vista Home Premium
> Acer TM 5320
> 1GB Ram 120 GB hdd
> Intel Celeron 530 (1,733 Ghz)
> X3100
>

> "realcestmoi" wrote:
>
>> Hi there,
>>
>> What you can do is leave it be working fine
>>
>> Do not think that a driver update will do a miracle and make your PC 5%
>> faster.
>>
>> Best regards,
>> Michel Denie
>> "Azz" <Azz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Yeah that sure was a good answer :P
>> >
>> > I got the same trouble but, it is so sad, I can't even install the
>> > vista-drivers from Intel's official page either, and Acer doesn't seem
>> > offer any updated drivers as well.
>> >
>> > What can we do? (IF we want to upgrade and make use of the potential
>> > this
>> > card offers)
>> > --
>> > Acer TM 5320
>> > 1GB Ram 120 GB hdd
>> > Intel Celeron 530 (1,733 Ghz)
>> > X3100

compaqC717 (from CC black friday).

RE: Intel Corp driver update for Mobile Intel(R) 965 Express Chipset
Just of note - I also mistakenly accepted the update and got the dreaded blue
screen of death. Unfortunately - I could not do a system restore (even it
failed - thanks MS). My workaround was to boot in safe mode - then "disable"
the new display adapter (7.14.10.1322) - and reboot - but this was still
limited success. Finally I uninstalled that new one - which left me with
only the old one (7.14.10.1283) - which seems to work very well. I will
disable Windows updates - until some other people do the beta testing first.
Intel seems to have some drivers (15.7 - not sure if its the same thing???).
on their site - but since their driver actually caused this problem - I am
leary to try theirs either.

"sjziro" wrote:

> I recently got an Acer Extensa 4620Z at Best Buy. When I go to the Windows
> Update, there's one available:
>
> Intel Corporation driver update for Mobile Intel(R) 965 Express Chipset
> Family
>
> Download size: 11.2 MB
>
> You may need to restart your computer for this update to take effect.
>
> Update type: Optional
>

> This driver was provided by Intel Corporation for support of Mobile Intel(R)
> 965 Express Chipset Family
>
> More information:
> http://winqual.microsoft.com/support/?driverid=2040
>
> Help and Support:
> http://support.microsoft.com/select/?target=hub
>
> So when I tried to get the update my computer blue screened on me and I had
> to do a system restore. I've read where other people have had this same
> problem with this computer. Can anyone tell me why this is happening and if
> there a solution to the problem? Thank you so much.

cuotl_crusher is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
link to Mobile Intel(R) 965 Express Chipset Family Driver
i found a link

Mobile Intel┬« 965 Express Chipset Family┬*Intel┬« Graphics Media Accelerator Driver for Windows Vista * 32 (exe)

hope this helps!!
Lovin the XP

RE: Intel Corp driver update for Mobile Intel(R) 965 Express Chipset
I just got a laptop with Vista home premium 32 bit and it has this chipset.
Well, I tried downloading the new drivers from WU, device manager, and the
Intel website and ALL ways failed. I was on the phone w/Microsoft and they
suggested I contact Intel. I think I am just going to leave it be. I would
rather be able to use the PC then crash over a driver that probably won't
make much of a change in performance. I am curious about others experiences
with this issue. I am wondering if it's going to cause me a problem with SP1
when I download it? Any ideas? MS didn't seem to think so...

linhnhat789 linhnhat789

Intel Corporation - Display - Mobile Intel(R) 965 Express ChipsetFamily

sjzir wrote:

Intel Corp driver update for Mobile Intel(R) 965 Express Chipset
21-Nov-07

[...]

On Wednesday, November 21, 2007 12:59 AM
sjzir wrote:

[...]

On Wednesday, November 21, 2007 1:57 AM
PA Bear wrote:

Don't install any driver or third-party application updates offered by Windows
Don't install any driver or third-party application updates offered by
Windows Update.
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.org/

sjziro wrote:

On Thursday, November 22, 2007 11:39 AM
Az wrote:

Re: Intel Corp driver update for Mobile Intel(R) 965 Express Chips
Yeah that sure was a good answer :P

I got the same trouble but, it is so sad, I can't even install the
vista-drivers from Intel's official page either, and Acer doesn't seem to
offer any updated drivers as well.

What can we do? (IF we want to upgrade and make use of the potential this
card offers)
--
Acer TM 5320
1GB Ram 120 GB hdd
Intel Celeron 530 (1,733 Ghz)
X3100

"PA Bear" wrote:

On Thursday, November 22, 2007 9:05 PM
realcestmoi wrote:

Hi there,What you can do is leave it be working fineDo not think that a
Hi there,

What you can do is leave it be working fine

Do not think that a driver update will do a miracle and make your PC 5%
faster.

Best regards,
Michel Denie

On Saturday, November 24, 2007 2:07 PM
Az wrote:

Thx for the reply.
Thx for the reply.

Well I have nothing else to do then just leave it be, but it's sad that I
can't use it. According some forums around that very driver activates some
nice functions in X3100 that might be fun to be able to use.
--
Windows Vista Home Premium
Acer TM 5320
1GB Ram 120 GB hdd
Intel Celeron 530 (1,733 Ghz)
X3100

"realcestmoi" wrote:

On Saturday, November 24, 2007 8:45 PM
realcestmoi wrote:

Hi there,You are welcomeCheck at the manufacturer for an updated driver if
Hi there,
You are welcome

Check at the manufacturer for an updated driver if that might fix or improve
something.

Best regards,
Michel denie

On Sunday, December 09, 2007 8:29 AM
compaqC717 (from CC black friday) wrote:

Just of note - I also mistakenly accepted the update and got the dreaded blue
Just of note - I also mistakenly accepted the update and got the dreaded blue
screen of death. Unfortunately - I could not do a system restore (even it
failed - thanks MS). My workaround was to boot in safe mode - then "disable"
the new display adapter (7.14.10.1322) - and reboot - but this was still
limited success. Finally I uninstalled that new one - which left me with
only the old one (7.14.10.1283) - which seems to work very well. I will
disable Windows updates - until some other people do the beta testing first.
Intel seems to have some drivers (15.7 - not sure if its the same thing???).
on their site - but since their driver actually caused this problem - I am
leary to try theirs either.

"sjziro" wrote:

On Thursday, March 20, 2008 5:56 PM
cuotl_crusher wrote:

i found a link'Mobile Intel?? 965 Express Chipset Family??Intel?? Graphics
i found a link

'Mobile Intel?? 965 Express Chipset Family??Intel?? Graphics Media
Accelerator Driver for Windows Vista * 32 (exe)'
(http://tinyurl.com/yspzql)

hope this helps!!

--
cuotl_crusher

On Wednesday, March 26, 2008 8:52 PM
LovintheX wrote:

I just got a laptop with Vista home premium 32 bit and it has this chipset.
I just got a laptop with Vista home premium 32 bit and it has this chipset.
Well, I tried downloading the new drivers from WU, device manager, and the
Intel website and ALL ways failed. I was on the phone w/Microsoft and they
suggested I contact Intel. I think I am just going to leave it be. I would
rather be able to use the PC then crash over a driver that probably won't
make much of a change in performance. I am curious about others experiences
with this issue. I am wondering if it's going to cause me a problem with SP1
when I download it? Any ideas? MS didn't seem to think so...

SMTP Client Library / Mail Server Authentication
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials...rary--mai.aspx