Re: Error 8007000B

Ferra1980

Re: Error 8007000B
Hi, I have the same error, but whe i write
fsutil resource setautoreset true C:\
in the command prompt i get this error:
Error: the file or directory is corrupted o unreadable
What can I do?

If I schedule a chkdsk /f for the next startup seems do nothing like that.

I have Vista Home Premium

"Sudheer GN [MSFT]" wrote:

> Hi,
> Which version of Windows are you using?
>
> If it is windows vista and you are seeing this error when trying to install
> updates, please try the following
> 1. Open an Administrator command prompt by right clicking on Start -> All
> Programs -> Accessories -> Command Prompt and selecting "Run as
> Administrator" and clicking "Allow" for the elevation prompt
> 2. In the command prompt, type the command below
> fsutil resource setautoreset true C:\
> (This assumes that C: is the drive in which Vista is installed. If it is
> installed on another drive like D:, please change the drive letter
> appropriately)
> 3. Reboot the machine
>

> This is the resolution only for 8007000b error while installing updates on
> Vista. This doesn't apply for other OS like Windows XP SP2 etc
>
> If your OS is not Vista, please send C:\windows\windowsupdate.log
>
> --
> Sudheer GN
> Microsoft, WU Client
>
> This posting is provided "As Is" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
>

> "philipmorris86" <philipmorris86@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have been receiving a code 8007000B error and cannot update at all. Does
> > anyone have any suggestions. Thanks.

woodsptw

Re: Error 8007000B
I tried the setautoreset solution and also received an error message that the
'file or directory is corrupted.."

Is there a recommendation on what to try next?

Thanks!

"Ferra1980" wrote:

> Hi, I have the same error, but whe i write
> fsutil resource setautoreset true C:\
> in the command prompt i get this error:
> Error: the file or directory is corrupted o unreadable
> What can I do?
>
> If I schedule a chkdsk /f for the next startup seems do nothing like that.
>
> I have Vista Home Premium
>
> "Sudheer GN [MSFT]" wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> > Which version of Windows are you using?
> >
> > If it is windows vista and you are seeing this error when trying to install
> > updates, please try the following
> > 1. Open an Administrator command prompt by right clicking on Start -> All
> > Programs -> Accessories -> Command Prompt and selecting "Run as
> > Administrator" and clicking "Allow" for the elevation prompt
> > 2. In the command prompt, type the command below
> > fsutil resource setautoreset true C:\
> > (This assumes that C: is the drive in which Vista is installed. If it is
> > installed on another drive like D:, please change the drive letter
> > appropriately)
> > 3. Reboot the machine
> >

> > This is the resolution only for 8007000b error while installing updates on
> > Vista. This doesn't apply for other OS like Windows XP SP2 etc
> >
> > If your OS is not Vista, please send C:\windows\windowsupdate.log
> >
> > --
> > Sudheer GN
> > Microsoft, WU Client
> >
> > This posting is provided "As Is" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
> > Use of included script samples are subject to the terms specified at
> > http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm
> >

> > "philipmorris86" <philipmorris86@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > >I have been receiving a code 8007000B error and cannot update at all. Does
> > > anyone have any suggestions. Thanks.

Ferra1980

Re: Error 8007000B
I solved the error in this way:

1)Boot Vista from DVD,
2)Click to rapair installation (or something like that)
2)Run prompt command
3)start chkdsk /f in the volume where is installed Vista
Then restart Vista from HD and try to update

It works form me!

"woodsptw" wrote:

> I tried the setautoreset solution and also received an error message that the
> 'file or directory is corrupted.."
>
> Is there a recommendation on what to try next?
>
> Thanks!
>
> "Ferra1980" wrote:
>
> > Hi, I have the same error, but whe i write
> > fsutil resource setautoreset true C:\
> > in the command prompt i get this error:
> > Error: the file or directory is corrupted o unreadable
> > What can I do?
> >
> > If I schedule a chkdsk /f for the next startup seems do nothing like that.
> >
> > I have Vista Home Premium
> >
> > "Sudheer GN [MSFT]" wrote:
> >
> > > Hi,
> > > Which version of Windows are you using?
> > >
> > > If it is windows vista and you are seeing this error when trying to install
> > > updates, please try the following
> > > 1. Open an Administrator command prompt by right clicking on Start -> All
> > > Programs -> Accessories -> Command Prompt and selecting "Run as
> > > Administrator" and clicking "Allow" for the elevation prompt
> > > 2. In the command prompt, type the command below
> > > fsutil resource setautoreset true C:\
> > > (This assumes that C: is the drive in which Vista is installed. If it is
> > > installed on another drive like D:, please change the drive letter
> > > appropriately)
> > > 3. Reboot the machine
> > >

> > > This is the resolution only for 8007000b error while installing updates on
> > > Vista. This doesn't apply for other OS like Windows XP SP2 etc
> > >
> > > If your OS is not Vista, please send C:\windows\windowsupdate.log
> > >
> > > --
> > > Sudheer GN
> > > Microsoft, WU Client
> > >
> > > This posting is provided "As Is" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
> > > Use of included script samples are subject to the terms specified at
> > > http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm

woodsptw

Re: Error 8007000B
Thanks. I had tried chkdsk /r from my normal login with no luck. I put the
Driver/Utilities Dell CD in the system and booted from it by hitting F12. I
ran a full disk diagnostics - everything passed (it took half a day to run
btw). Upon reboot - I missed hitting F12 quick enough and Windows started to
load - so I thought I could just turn off the system and retry. No luck - it
said Windows had problems and was going to recover and something about if the
disk was involved - it could take a long time. So - I let it recover and
went shopping. When it finished - I successfully ran the fsutil command
mentioned in the thread here and then successfully ran the windows update.
Thanks to all who have helped.

Now if I could figure out why the system still runs slow I'll be in great
shape.

"Ferra1980" wrote:

> I solved the error in this way:
>
> 1)Boot Vista from DVD,
> 2)Click to rapair installation (or something like that)
> 2)Run prompt command
> 3)start chkdsk /f in the volume where is installed Vista
> Then restart Vista from HD and try to update
>
> It works form me!
>
> "woodsptw" wrote:
>
> > I tried the setautoreset solution and also received an error message that the
> > 'file or directory is corrupted.."
> >
> > Is there a recommendation on what to try next?
> >
> > Thanks!
> >
> > "Ferra1980" wrote:
> >
> > > Hi, I have the same error, but whe i write
> > > fsutil resource setautoreset true C:\
> > > in the command prompt i get this error:
> > > Error: the file or directory is corrupted o unreadable
> > > What can I do?
> > >
> > > If I schedule a chkdsk /f for the next startup seems do nothing like that.
> > >
> > > I have Vista Home Premium

Salim

Re: Error 8007000B
Thank you so much Ferra1980...wherever/whoever you are, you have great skill
in concise technical writing and I wish you the utmost success in computing
with vista!

=)

....just one thing...when you boot vista from the disk, then choose to
"repair installation" then use the cmd program to change directory to C:\ (cd
C:\) (assuming C:\ is the drive where vista is installed)...before "chkdsk
/f" will start to run it will ask you to release all handles currently
pointing to this disk...i have found that doing this seems to leave
everything okay!

Thank you again!