Dreamscene

Hozzyduddy

Dreamscene
I downloaded and installed the latest Dreamscene update, when it was complete
I re-booted. Now it says it's avaible again for download. I keep installing
the same update??????? Where do I go to see update # or code that was
installed. And why??

Thanks Jose Duddy http://www.joseduddy.com
http://www.dollchatter.com

Dale Networkguy

RE: Dreamscene
I've recently installed Vista Ultimate and am experiencing the same
re-offering of this update though it was described as having a "successful"
installation. I too am interested in whatever the solution is to this. This
workstation is under a WSUS server in a domain environment if that matters at
all.

"Hozzyduddy" wrote:

> I downloaded and installed the latest Dreamscene update, when it was complete
> I re-booted. Now it says it's avaible again for download. I keep installing
> the same update??????? Where do I go to see update # or code that was
> installed. And why??
>
> Thanks Jose Duddy http://www.joseduddy.com
> http://www.dollchatter.com

Rob

Re: Dreamscene

"Dale Networkguy" <DaleNetworkguy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:E83E96B4-D0BE-42E1-8876-3184F6864090@microsoft.com...
> I've recently installed Vista Ultimate and am experiencing the same
> re-offering of this update though it was described as having a
> "successful"
> installation. I too am interested in whatever the solution is to this.
> This
> workstation is under a WSUS server in a domain environment if that matters
> at
> all.
>
> "Hozzyduddy" wrote:
>
>> I downloaded and installed the latest Dreamscene update, when it was
>> complete
>> I re-booted. Now it says it's avaible again for download. I keep
>> installing
>> the same update??????? Where do I go to see update # or code that was
>> installed. And why??
>>
>> Thanks Jose Duddy http://www.joseduddy.com
>> http://www.dollchatter.com

The only workaround I know to work is to uninstall all 3 Dreamscene KB
articles and reinstall them again. Look for articles KB 931133, 941236 &
933713

Rob

--
Red meat isn't bad for you....Blue, Green fuzzy meat is bad for you.

Dell Dimension 8300 Desktop
P4 3.0GHz
1GB RAM
Windows Vista Ultimate 32Bit
ATI Radeon 9800 XT
Creative SB Audigy 2

Dale Networkguy

Re: Dreamscene
The only update installed was 933713 - the base Dreamscene installation

941236 - the Favorite Pack wasn't installed or being offered but was in the
WSUS database

931133 - don't know what this is as it wasn't in WSUS

I removed 933713 and restarted the PC. I was immediately offered 933713.
Now having installed it "successfully" I am again being reooffered it.

"Rob" wrote:

> "Dale Networkguy" <DaleNetworkguy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> message news:E83E96B4-D0BE-42E1-8876-3184F6864090@microsoft.com...
> > I've recently installed Vista Ultimate and am experiencing the same
> > re-offering of this update though it was described as having a
> > "successful"
> > installation. I too am interested in whatever the solution is to this.
> > This
> > workstation is under a WSUS server in a domain environment if that matters
> > at
> > all.
> >
> > "Hozzyduddy" wrote:
> >
> >> I downloaded and installed the latest Dreamscene update, when it was
> >> complete
> >> I re-booted. Now it says it's avaible again for download. I keep
> >> installing
> >> the same update??????? Where do I go to see update # or code that was
> >> installed. And why??
> >>
> >> Thanks Jose Duddy http://www.joseduddy.com
> >> http://www.dollchatter.com
> >>

> The only workaround I know to work is to uninstall all 3 Dreamscene KB
> articles and reinstall them again. Look for articles KB 931133, 941236 &
> 933713
>
> Rob
>
> --
> Red meat isn't bad for you....Blue, Green fuzzy meat is bad for you.
>
> Dell Dimension 8300 Desktop
> P4 3.0GHz
> 1GB RAM
> Windows Vista Ultimate 32Bit
> ATI Radeon 9800 XT
> Creative SB Audigy 2

DS

RE: Dreamscene

"Hozzyduddy" wrote:

> I downloaded and installed the latest Dreamscene update, when it was complete
> I re-booted. Now it says it's avaible again for download. I keep installing
> the same update??????? Where do I go to see update # or code that was
> installed. And why??
>
> Thanks Jose Duddy http://www.joseduddy.com
> http://www.dollchatter.com

Same problem. 64-bit ultimate. Started maybe 5 days ago.
Dale Networkguy

RE: Dreamscene
The issue eventually resolved itself by following the advise I read over and
over. I really don't understand the logic but it worked. The advice was to
remove the relevant Dream Scene updates (all of them that got installed).
Once done reboot and go back to Windows Updates and install all the offered
Dream Scene offerings. Install - Reboot - Evaluate.

If anything gets reoffered then do the cycle over again. I had to do this
beyond any resonable expectation but I was determined to win. Perhaps rather
than spend time waiting on reboots you could spread the process out doing a
step a day until it is all caught up. I will say that the DreamScene
backgrounds are very nice and I'd like to see one with the sounds of birds
chirping with a cabin window view to a pine glade ...etc. Another variation
would have the view by something else sooting like the ocean. For an
alternative universe ala Airplane The Movie, outside the window could be
obscure clips like a western, first person rollercoaster, ...etc.