Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool (KB892130) help pls

Tomas

Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool (KB892130) help pls
Error Code: 0x8007F0DA i get the same error code when trying to install
Security Update for Windows XP (KB943460) .....they download but they dont
install and it says that your installation has failed.... i posted this
before and Freud left me me a list with steps how to fix the problem i tried
all of them and noone of them worked...i reapeat thats my first time having
trouble with updates ... i dont know what to do ...pls post a solution or
smth that worked for u i have a XP Home Edition sp2 norton internet security

your answers will really be appreciated ...thank u
Ottmar Freudenberger

Re: Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool (KB892130) help pls

See http://support.microsoft.com/kb/822798 and
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/822158

> i have a XP Home Edition sp2 norton internet security

Uninstall your Symantec's Norton software and enable the Windows Firewall
instead. Search for a simple AV scanner, like NOD32, Avast, AVGFree, Aviras
Antivir and the like. Yes, I mean that exactly as it reads. And yes, this
will boost your system's perfomance anyway without the lack of any security.

Bye,
Freudi
Tomas

"Ottmar Freudenberger" wrote:

> "Tomas" <Tomas@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb:
>
> > Error Code: 0x8007F0DA i get the same error code when trying to install
> > Security Update for Windows XP (KB943460) .....they download but they dont
> > install and it says that your installation has failed....

> See http://support.microsoft.com/kb/822798 and
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/822158
>
> > i have a XP Home Edition sp2 norton internet security

> Uninstall your Symantec's Norton software and enable the Windows Firewall
> instead. Search for a simple AV scanner, like NOD32, Avast, AVGFree, Aviras
> Antivir and the like. Yes, I mean that exactly as it reads. And yes, this
> will boost your system's perfomance anyway without the lack of any security.
>
> Bye,
> Freudi

so u re telling me that all this is Norton's foult ..and if it is ..will i
be able to install my updates after ??? ....thanx for the information i
apreaciate it
Ottmar Freudenberger

Re: Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool (KB892130) help pls
"Tomas" <Tomas@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb:

> so u re telling me that all this is Norton's foult ..

Most likely, based on your infos.

> and if it is ..will i be able to install my updates after ???

Most likely, yes. Enable Windows Firewall after having Symantec's bloat
uninstalled.

Bye,
Freudi
debbie

RE: Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool (KB892130) help pls
Hi Tomas,
I'm no expert or pro but I found that alot of my microsoft services had been
disabled by alowing someone else to change the settings on my computer,
I'm still not sure I have the ones I need running automaticaly but I did find
the version I am running by clicking start,run,then microsoftcs in the blank
then enter, then it showed me all the services that are available anyway, then
some of them that had been set to disabled, I reset to automatic instead of
manual or disabled. Again I can not be possitive that this is all you would
need
to do as I'm still figuring things out myself, but I hope it was helpful
anyway.