Update Errors fixed (by accident?) so far....
Dedicated Win user since 3.1 and loved Vista Home Premium.
Fresh Vista Business load on a virgin HD created nothing bbut trouble.
Module Installer errors, Shadow Copy errors and no ability to update. V Bus
has now been dubbed the most difficult and/or unstable POS (that stands for
Primary Operating System, right?) I've ever loaded.
Tried the Service stop/start, SoftDis folder rename, etc etc. No good. In
desparation I wandered Ms until I found the Vista related Downloads list and
started manually downloading and installing updates.
Each Update produced some error but the update window said they did
ultimately install so I pushed forward. I'll list what I loaded in what order
below. At one point my ongoing errors stopped. I went to bed and woke up to
find the scheduled auto update had finally completed successfully. I won't
claim to know the relationship of the updates I did install as I was tired
and desperate and many may be specific to my configuration. Maybe this will
help someone else.
931573 (this is where my occassional errors stopped)
Went to bed and found a fully updated system in the morning, Vista and
Office 07 showing successful updates and a "Up to Date" in the update utility.
Not saying I'm 100% done but this was a big fix for me and many little
hiccups and delays have smoothed out.