I cannot update 1 particular update - KB941649- Error Code 8007000

Shaunyboy

I cannot update 1 particular update - KB941649- Error Code 8007000
For some reason my computer keeps failing to update KB941649 through Windows
Update on Vista although it had no problems updating any of the other ones it
was with.

The error code is 80070005 if that means anything to anyone.

Can anyone help?
phantom1328

RE: I cannot update 1 particular update - KB941649- Error Code 8007000

"Shaunyboy" wrote:

> For some reason my computer keeps failing to update KB941649 through Windows
> Update on Vista although it had no problems updating any of the other ones it
> was with.
>
> The error code is 80070005 if that means anything to anyone.
>
> Can anyone help?

I am also having no luck installing KB941649 .I get the error code of
80041002.
I hope somebody can figure out what is goin on.
Vista is killing me...

RE: I cannot update 1 particular update - KB941649- Error Code 8007000
Don't try to install it. It's crashed a number of computers. Look lower on
this discussion for problems people have had

"Shaunyboy" wrote:

> For some reason my computer keeps failing to update KB941649 through Windows
> Update on Vista although it had no problems updating any of the other ones it
> was with.
>
> The error code is 80070005 if that means anything to anyone.
>
> Can anyone help?

Wish I was still an XP girl

RE: I cannot update 1 particular update - KB941649- Error Code 800
You are the first person to be getting the same error code as me. It keeps
downloading and failing. I have now changed my updates setting to "check for
updates but let me choose whether to download and install them." When I get
the message I am going to untick the box from KB941649 and install the rest
(if any). The first time it failed ,it caused another update to fail as well
(KB941600) so I just unticked 941649 and that one installed OK on its own.
Fortunately the download didnt cause my computer to crash, but kept on
installing it and then of cause failing several times; thats why I have done
the above. Ive got high blood pressure as it is !

"Vista is killing me..." wrote:

> Don't try to install it. It's crashed a number of computers. Look lower on
> this discussion for problems people have had
>
> "Shaunyboy" wrote:
>
> > For some reason my computer keeps failing to update KB941649 through Windows
> > Update on Vista although it had no problems updating any of the other ones it
> > was with.
> >
> > The error code is 80070005 if that means anything to anyone.
> >
> > Can anyone help?

Shaunyboy

RE: I cannot update 1 particular update - KB941649- Error Code 800
Your experience is exactly the same as mine regarding the 2 updates and the 1
nuisance update that won't er.... update.

Its a bit daft really if they say it is an important update but yet doesn't
work.

I have e-mailed Support for help. If they do help I will post the response.

"Wish I was still an XP girl" wrote:

> You are the first person to be getting the same error code as me. It keeps
> downloading and failing. I have now changed my updates setting to "check for
> updates but let me choose whether to download and install them." When I get
> the message I am going to untick the box from KB941649 and install the rest
> (if any). The first time it failed ,it caused another update to fail as well
> (KB941600) so I just unticked 941649 and that one installed OK on its own.
> Fortunately the download didnt cause my computer to crash, but kept on
> installing it and then of cause failing several times; thats why I have done
> the above. Ive got high blood pressure as it is !
>
> "Vista is killing me..." wrote:
>
> > Don't try to install it. It's crashed a number of computers. Look lower on
> > this discussion for problems people have had
> >
> > "Shaunyboy" wrote:
> >
> > > For some reason my computer keeps failing to update KB941649 through Windows
> > > Update on Vista although it had no problems updating any of the other ones it
> > > was with.
> > >
> > > The error code is 80070005 if that means anything to anyone.
> > >
> > > Can anyone help?

m33wags

RE: I cannot update 1 particular update - KB941649- Error Code 800
I have the same issues with this update, but I am getting the error code
8004100A.

If you get any info on the issue it would be great if you could post it.

Thanks,

"Shaunyboy" wrote:

> Your experience is exactly the same as mine regarding the 2 updates and the 1
> nuisance update that won't er.... update.
>
> Its a bit daft really if they say it is an important update but yet doesn't
> work.
>
> I have e-mailed Support for help. If they do help I will post the response.
>

> "Wish I was still an XP girl" wrote:
>
> > You are the first person to be getting the same error code as me. It keeps
> > downloading and failing. I have now changed my updates setting to "check for
> > updates but let me choose whether to download and install them." When I get
> > the message I am going to untick the box from KB941649 and install the rest
> > (if any). The first time it failed ,it caused another update to fail as well
> > (KB941600) so I just unticked 941649 and that one installed OK on its own.
> > Fortunately the download didnt cause my computer to crash, but kept on
> > installing it and then of cause failing several times; thats why I have done
> > the above. Ive got high blood pressure as it is !
> >
> > "Vista is killing me..." wrote:
> >
> > > Don't try to install it. It's crashed a number of computers. Look lower on
> > > this discussion for problems people have had

kafkasbug

RE: I cannot update 1 particular update - KB941649- Error Code 800
same error code here 8004100A, I had no problem installing this update from
Microsoft's on line site and it shows as "successful" in the update history
but get this ,,, I'm still getting a request to update for KB941649 and it's
still "failed" and causing a reboot - shutdown - reboot every attempt to
install... IF anyone finds this things achilles heel ... please let me know
too
"m33wags" wrote:

> I have the same issues with this update, but I am getting the error code
> 8004100A.
>
> If you get any info on the issue it would be great if you could post it.
>
> Thanks,
>
> "Shaunyboy" wrote:
>
> > Your experience is exactly the same as mine regarding the 2 updates and the 1
> > nuisance update that won't er.... update.
> >
> > Its a bit daft really if they say it is an important update but yet doesn't
> > work.
> >
> > I have e-mailed Support for help. If they do help I will post the response.
> >

> > "Wish I was still an XP girl" wrote:
> >
> > > You are the first person to be getting the same error code as me. It keeps
> > > downloading and failing. I have now changed my updates setting to "check for
> > > updates but let me choose whether to download and install them." When I get
> > > the message I am going to untick the box from KB941649 and install the rest
> > > (if any). The first time it failed ,it caused another update to fail as well
> > > (KB941600) so I just unticked 941649 and that one installed OK on its own.
> > > Fortunately the download didnt cause my computer to crash, but kept on
> > > installing it and then of cause failing several times; thats why I have done
> > > the above. Ive got high blood pressure as it is !

Mark

RE: I cannot update 1 particular update - KB941649- Error Code 800
Hi there,

A bit boring but the same here, after trying to install the update I get the
error message 80041002 every time. It drives me crazy and I don┬┤t understand
why MS does not provide any help regarding this issue. It seems to me that I
am not the only one having this problem so it would be nice of them to
address it. Please keep me posted if you find a solution for this most
annoying issue.

Thanks,

Mark

"kafkasbug" wrote:

> same error code here 8004100A, I had no problem installing this update from
> Microsoft's on line site and it shows as "successful" in the update history
> but get this ,,, I'm still getting a request to update for KB941649 and it's
> still "failed" and causing a reboot - shutdown - reboot every attempt to
> install... IF anyone finds this things achilles heel ... please let me know
> too
> "m33wags" wrote:
>
> > I have the same issues with this update, but I am getting the error code
> > 8004100A.
> >
> > If you get any info on the issue it would be great if you could post it.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > "Shaunyboy" wrote:
> >
> > > Your experience is exactly the same as mine regarding the 2 updates and the 1
> > > nuisance update that won't er.... update.
> > >
> > > Its a bit daft really if they say it is an important update but yet doesn't
> > > work.
> > >
> > > I have e-mailed Support for help. If they do help I will post the response.

dleifnek

RE: I cannot update 1 particular update - KB941649- Error Code 8007000
For the past three or four days when I boot the computer I get prompted for
this update. The computer tries to update but after automatically rebooting
two times it gives up. The update is unsuccessful. I disabled virus
protection and firewall protection and retried updating manually, without
success. Until I can find definative guidance about the problem, I am not
going to try and install this update. I hope someone on this thread comes up
with a simple solution, perhaps one of Microsoft's finest????

"Shaunyboy" wrote:

> For some reason my computer keeps failing to update KB941649 through Windows
> Update on Vista although it had no problems updating any of the other ones it
> was with.
>
> The error code is 80070005 if that means anything to anyone.
>
> Can anyone help?

Shaunyboy

"Shaunyboy" wrote:

> For some reason my computer keeps failing to update KB941649 through Windows
> Update on Vista although it had no problems updating any of the other ones it
> was with.
>
> The error code is 80070005 if that means anything to anyone.
>
> Can anyone help?

Some advice that may help others but has NOT helped me..

SUGGESTION 1:

We have found that, this issue may occur, if any 'Third Party Software' is
conflicting with the Windows Update Site. If you have 'Norton', 'McAfee' or
any other Antivirus or firewall software installed on your system, the 'Third
Party Software' can conflict with the Windows Update Site, hence I would
request you to kindly disable these software, while accessing the site, this
should resolve the issue for you. Please remember to enable the 'Windows
Firewall' on your internet connection (if it is not already) before going
online in case of virus problems.

If the issue persists, let's go to the second suggestion.

SUGGESTION 2:

Rename Software Distribution folder:

1. Click on 'Start', choose 'Run', type in CMD and click on 'OK'.

2. Type NET STOP WUAUSERV and press 'Enter'. (Leave this window open for
later use)

3. Open 'My Computer'.

4. Find the folder c:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution.

5. Right mouse click on SoftwareDistribution and choose 'Rename', call the
folder "SDold"

6. Return to the black Window that opened in step 1 type NET START WUAUSERV
and click 'Enter'.

7. Close all the windows.

Once we have performed the above steps, please access the Windows Update
site and see, if the issue is resolved.