Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

Vista update problem

microsoft.public.windowsupdate






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 11-18-2007
Freaky
 

Posts: n/a
Vista update problem
I cannot seem to install the last 2 updates for vista, dunno why but it aint
even telling me what the problem is, they both have a different error code!

Update for Windows Vista (KB941600)

Installation date: ‎18/‎11/‎2007 10:19

Installation status: Failed



Update type: Recommended

*And the same for the following update:-

Update for Windows Vista (KB941649)

Installation date: ‎18/‎11/‎2007 10:20

Installation status: Failed

Error details: Code 80041002

Update type: Recommended


Is anyone else having this problem?, is there any advice someone can give
me?...starting to get annoyed now.

thanks
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 11-18-2007
Ralph_Kiando
 

Posts: n/a
RE: Vista update problem


"Freaky" wrote:

> I cannot seem to install the last 2 updates for vista, dunno why but it aint
> even telling me what the problem is, they both have a different error code!
>
> Update for Windows Vista (KB941600)
>
> Installation date: ‎18/‎11/‎2007 10:19
>
> Installation status: Failed
>
>
>
> Update type: Recommended
>
> *And the same for the following update:-
>
> Update for Windows Vista (KB941649)
>
> Installation date: ‎18/‎11/‎2007 10:20
>
> Installation status: Failed
>
> Error details: Code 80041002
>
> Update type: Recommended
>
>
> Is anyone else having this problem?, is there any advice someone can give
> me?...starting to get annoyed now.
>
> thanks



Hi
I get the same problem with these 2 updates, downloads is fine but can't or
they will not install, just says failed everytime I try
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 11-18-2007
Vista is killing me...
 

Posts: n/a
RE: Vista update problem
I'd suggest not installing them as those updates have crashed others'
computers on this discusson board (see lower in the the board)

"Ralph_Kiando" wrote:

>
>
> "Freaky" wrote:
>
> > I cannot seem to install the last 2 updates for vista, dunno why but it aint
> > even telling me what the problem is, they both have a different error code!
> >
> > Update for Windows Vista (KB941600)
> >
> > Installation date: ‎18/‎11/‎2007 10:19
> >
> > Installation status: Failed
> >
> >
> >
> > Update type: Recommended
> >
> > *And the same for the following update:-
> >
> > Update for Windows Vista (KB941649)
> >
> > Installation date: ‎18/‎11/‎2007 10:20
> >
> > Installation status: Failed
> >
> > Error details: Code 80041002
> >
> > Update type: Recommended
> >
> >
> > Is anyone else having this problem?, is there any advice someone can give
> > me?...starting to get annoyed now.
> >
> > thanks

>
>
> Hi
> I get the same problem with these 2 updates, downloads is fine but can't or
> they will not install, just says failed everytime I try

Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 11-18-2007
Ralph_Kiando
 

Posts: n/a
RE: Vista update problem


"Freaky" wrote:

> I cannot seem to install the last 2 updates for vista, dunno why but it aint
> even telling me what the problem is, they both have a different error code!
>
> Update for Windows Vista (KB941600)
>
> Installation date: ‎18/‎11/‎2007 10:19
>
> Installation status: Failed
>
>
>
> Update type: Recommended
>
> *And the same for the following update:-
>
> Update for Windows Vista (KB941649)
>
> Installation date: ‎18/‎11/‎2007 10:20
>
> Installation status: Failed
>
> Error details: Code 80041002
>
> Update type: Recommended
>
>
> Is anyone else having this problem?, is there any advice someone can give
> me?...starting to get annoyed now.
>
> thanks


since my first reply, I changed updates to automatic & the (KB941600) update
has completed a successful install, the other (KB941649) is still outstanding
& I've tried 3 more times & it still won't do a correct install.

might try again tomorrow.
Regards Ralph
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 11-19-2007
Steve Graham
 

Posts: n/a
RE: Vista update problem
Same issue. It seems there is little info on this other than it might have
something to do with the %windir%/prefetch folder. Probable be resolved with
the emergence of sp1.

"Freaky" wrote:

> I cannot seem to install the last 2 updates for vista, dunno why but it aint
> even telling me what the problem is, they both have a different error code!
>
> Update for Windows Vista (KB941600)
>
> Installation date: ‎18/‎11/‎2007 10:19
>
> Installation status: Failed
>
>
>
> Update type: Recommended
>
> *And the same for the following update:-
>
> Update for Windows Vista (KB941649)
>
> Installation date: ‎18/‎11/‎2007 10:20
>
> Installation status: Failed
>
> Error details: Code 80041002
>
> Update type: Recommended
>
>
> Is anyone else having this problem?, is there any advice someone can give
> me?...starting to get annoyed now.
>
> thanks

Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 11-19-2007
RJ
 

Posts: n/a
RE: Vista update problem
It seems to be a problem with the update. I am going to block it.

"Freaky" wrote:

> I cannot seem to install the last 2 updates for vista, dunno why but it aint
> even telling me what the problem is, they both have a different error code!
>
> Update for Windows Vista (KB941600)
>
> Installation date: ‎18/‎11/‎2007 10:19
>
> Installation status: Failed
>
>
>
> Update type: Recommended
>
> *And the same for the following update:-
>
> Update for Windows Vista (KB941649)
>
> Installation date: ‎18/‎11/‎2007 10:20
>
> Installation status: Failed
>
> Error details: Code 80041002
>
> Update type: Recommended
>
>
> Is anyone else having this problem?, is there any advice someone can give
> me?...starting to get annoyed now.
>
> thanks

Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 11-19-2007
Mickey
 

Posts: n/a
RE: Vista update problem
Same problem here. Is anyone at Microsoft reading these and doing anything
about it? I finally just shut off the automatic updates on my computer and
will work from there. If there are any answers out there, please....


"Freaky" wrote:

> I cannot seem to install the last 2 updates for vista, dunno why but it aint
> even telling me what the problem is, they both have a different error code!
>
> Update for Windows Vista (KB941600)
>
> Installation date: ‎18/‎11/‎2007 10:19
>
> Installation status: Failed
>
>
>
> Update type: Recommended
>
> *And the same for the following update:-
>
> Update for Windows Vista (KB941649)
>
> Installation date: ‎18/‎11/‎2007 10:20
>
> Installation status: Failed
>
> Error details: Code 80041002
>
> Update type: Recommended
>
>
> Is anyone else having this problem?, is there any advice someone can give
> me?...starting to get annoyed now.
>
> thanks

Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 11-19-2007
Kedarnath
 

Posts: n/a
RE: Vista update problem
I had similar problems regarding the Automatic windows update for Vista. The
updates of 13th november caused me lot of problems. My display adapter driver
was corrupted..had to do system restore. now its fine though..The updates
which always failed and made the system to restart frequently are as follows

KB941649 - error code - 8007007E
KB941600 - error code - 800F0826
KB905866 - error code - 800F0826
KB941229 - error code - 800F0826

They failed since november 13th till now..got it fixed just now..i did a
manual windwos update by going to their respective knowledge base page hich
directed me to the update download page. You can search the update in the
download center as others have suggested. Here are the direct links for those
updates to install them manually

32-bit/64-bit software patches are available in those pages

KB941649
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=941649

KB905866
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=905866

KB941600
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=941600

KB941229
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=941229

I installed each of those patches one by one..after installing all the 4 i
restarted. Then the computer restarted yet again, all by itself. In the
windows update..the updates were displayed as installed successfully
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 11-19-2007
keepitsimpleengr
 

Posts: n/a
RE: Vista update problem
This has worked for me, EXCEPT: KB941649

I have run sfc /scannow ; which reported it could not repair a member file,
but contained NO information about it in about an unrepairable file
(http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929833/en-us)

I have uninstalled anti-virus program and tried the update.

I have downloaded the manual updgrade
(http://support.microsoft.com/Default.aspx?kbid=941649)

Curiouly, "Install history" shows it successfully installed onecew, but
"Installed updates" does show it was installed.

The sfc log, CBS.log, has several references to KB941649, but they were
meaninless to me.

This last entry:
2007-11-19 12:23:51, Info CBS...
Appl: detect Parent, Package:
Package_for_KB941649~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.0.2 .1, Parent:
Microsoft-Windows-Client-Features-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.0.6000.16386,
Disposition = 1003, VersionComp: 1, ServiceComp: 1, BuildComp: 1,
DistributionComp: 1, RevisionComp: 1, Exist: 1
Appl: detectParent (exact match): package:
Package_for_KB941649~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.0.2 .1, Parent:
Microsoft-Windows-Client-Features-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.0.6000.16386, parent state: 7
Appl: detect Parent, Package:
Package_for_KB941649~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.0.2 .1, disposition state from
detectParent: 7
Appl: Evaluating package applicability for package
Package_for_KB941649~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.0.2 .1, applicable state: 7
Appl: detect Parent, Package:
Package_for_KB941649~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.0.2 .1, Parent:
Microsoft-Windows-Client-Features-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.0.6000.16386,
Disposition = 1003, VersionComp: 1, ServiceComp: 1, BuildComp: 1,
DistributionComp: 1, RevisionComp: 1, Exist: 1
Appl: detectParent (exact match): package:
Package_for_KB941649~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.0.2 .1, Parent:
Microsoft-Windows-Client-Features-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.0.6000.16386, parent state: 7
Appl: detect Parent, Package:
Package_for_KB941649~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.0.2 .1, disposition state from
detectParent: 7
Appl: Evaluating package applicability for package
Package_for_KB941649~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.0.2 .1, applicable state: 7


I suspect the best thing to do is ignore the important update?

kise


"Kedarnath" wrote:

> I had similar problems regarding the Automatic windows update for Vista. The
> updates of 13th november caused me lot of problems. My display adapter driver
> was corrupted..had to do system restore. now its fine though..The updates
> which always failed and made the system to restart frequently are as follows
>
> KB941649 - error code - 8007007E
> KB941600 - error code - 800F0826
> KB905866 - error code - 800F0826
> KB941229 - error code - 800F0826
>
> They failed since november 13th till now..got it fixed just now..i did a
> manual windwos update by going to their respective knowledge base page hich
> directed me to the update download page. You can search the update in the
> download center as others have suggested. Here are the direct links for those
> updates to install them manually
>
> 32-bit/64-bit software patches are available in those pages
>
> KB941649
> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=941649
>
> KB905866
> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=905866
>
> KB941600
> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=941600
>
> KB941229
> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=941229
>
> I installed each of those patches one by one..after installing all the 4 i
> restarted. Then the computer restarted yet again, all by itself. In the
> windows update..the updates were displayed as installed successfully

Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 11-20-2007
George
 

Posts: n/a
RE: Vista update problem
Well I fixed my issue on my Vista Ulimate 32 bit box KB941649 (your results
may very)

I ran sfc /scannow

unistalled KB941600

reinstalled KB941600 (which bluescreen boxed, known issue but installed fine)

DISABLED MY WINDOWS LIVE ONE CARE

Installed KB941649 (It finally installed!!!)

In my case it was the anti virus client causing KB941649 not to install
correctly.

"keepitsimpleengr" wrote:

> This has worked for me, EXCEPT: KB941649
>
> I have run sfc /scannow ; which reported it could not repair a member file,
> but contained NO information about it in about an unrepairable file
> (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929833/en-us)
>
> I have uninstalled anti-virus program and tried the update.
>
> I have downloaded the manual updgrade
> (http://support.microsoft.com/Default.aspx?kbid=941649)
>
> Curiouly, "Install history" shows it successfully installed onecew, but
> "Installed updates" does show it was installed.
>
> The sfc log, CBS.log, has several references to KB941649, but they were
> meaninless to me.
>
> This last entry:
> 2007-11-19 12:23:51, Info CBS...
> Appl: detect Parent, Package:
> Package_for_KB941649~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.0.2 .1, Parent:
> Microsoft-Windows-Client-Features-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.0.6000.16386,
> Disposition = 1003, VersionComp: 1, ServiceComp: 1, BuildComp: 1,
> DistributionComp: 1, RevisionComp: 1, Exist: 1
> Appl: detectParent (exact match): package:
> Package_for_KB941649~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.0.2 .1, Parent:
> Microsoft-Windows-Client-Features-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.0.6000.16386, parent state: 7
> Appl: detect Parent, Package:
> Package_for_KB941649~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.0.2 .1, disposition state from
> detectParent: 7
> Appl: Evaluating package applicability for package
> Package_for_KB941649~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.0.2 .1, applicable state: 7
> Appl: detect Parent, Package:
> Package_for_KB941649~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.0.2 .1, Parent:
> Microsoft-Windows-Client-Features-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.0.6000.16386,
> Disposition = 1003, VersionComp: 1, ServiceComp: 1, BuildComp: 1,
> DistributionComp: 1, RevisionComp: 1, Exist: 1
> Appl: detectParent (exact match): package:
> Package_for_KB941649~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.0.2 .1, Parent:
> Microsoft-Windows-Client-Features-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.0.6000.16386, parent state: 7
> Appl: detect Parent, Package:
> Package_for_KB941649~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.0.2 .1, disposition state from
> detectParent: 7
> Appl: Evaluating package applicability for package
> Package_for_KB941649~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.0.2 .1, applicable state: 7
>
>
> I suspect the best thing to do is ignore the important update?
>
> kise
>
>
> "Kedarnath" wrote:
>
> > I had similar problems regarding the Automatic windows update for Vista. The
> > updates of 13th november caused me lot of problems. My display adapter driver
> > was corrupted..had to do system restore. now its fine though..The updates
> > which always failed and made the system to restart frequently are as follows
> >
> > KB941649 - error code - 8007007E
> > KB941600 - error code - 800F0826
> > KB905866 - error code - 800F0826
> > KB941229 - error code - 800F0826
> >
> > They failed since november 13th till now..got it fixed just now..i did a
> > manual windwos update by going to their respective knowledge base page hich
> > directed me to the update download page. You can search the update in the
> > download center as others have suggested. Here are the direct links for those
> > updates to install them manually
> >
> > 32-bit/64-bit software patches are available in those pages
> >
> > KB941649
> > http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=941649
> >
> > KB905866
> > http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=905866
> >
> > KB941600
> > http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=941600
> >
> > KB941229
> > http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=941229
> >
> > I installed each of those patches one by one..after installing all the 4 i
> > restarted. Then the computer restarted yet again, all by itself. In the
> > windows update..the updates were displayed as installed successfully

Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Comodo Firewall update addresses Windows Update problem PA Bear [MS MVP] microsoft.public.windows.vista.security 27 02-14-2008 08:05
Comodo Firewall update addresses Windows Update problem PA Bear [MS MVP] microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 25 01-18-2008 02:22
Problem s with Vista update Tony microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance maintenance 1 12-04-2007 12:31
Problem Update Vista Hansjörg Bauer microsoft.public.de.windows.vista.sonstiges 1 10-04-2007 01:53
Huge problem with security update kb935902 on Windows Update JH microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 13 04-05-2007 15:32




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 07:26.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120