RE: Microsoft Office Document Imaging Problem after installing SP 3

Mike

RE: Microsoft Office Document Imaging Problem after installing SP 3
I get the same error. Microsoft's error reporting sends the following
information back to Microsoft:

AppName: mspview.exe AppVer: 11.0.8166.2 AppStamp:4616c203
ModName: mspview.exe ModVer: 11.0.8166.2 ModStamp:4616c203
fDebug: 0 Offset: 00016537

I have no idea how to solve this problem, but it is absurd that Microsoft's
supposed service update has ruined the ability to use one of the main Office
applications. This has to be fixed.

Cherianjms@gmail.com

On Nov 17, 1:38 pm, Mike <M...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> I get the same error. Microsoft's error reporting sends the following
> information back to Microsoft:
>
> AppName: mspview.exe AppVer: 11.0.8166.2 AppStamp:4616c203
> ModName: mspview.exe ModVer: 11.0.8166.2 ModStamp:4616c203
> fDebug: 0 Offset: 00016537
>
> I have no idea how to solve this problem, but it is absurd that Microsoft's
> supposed service update has ruined the ability to use one of the main Office
> applications. This has to be fixed.
>

> "rjb8000" wrote:
> > After installing SP 3 for Office 2003, Microsoft Office Document Imaging is
> > demonstrating the following behavior:

> > The icons on the tool bar work fine, but any attempt to pull down a menu
> > (whether with the mouse or with keystrokes), such as the <file> menu causes
> > the following error message:

> > "Microsoft Office Document Imaging has encountered a problem and needs to
> > close. We are sorry for the inconvenience."

> > The program then shuts down.

> > Is there a patch or anything else available which will enable us to get the
> > menus to properly function?

> > If not, is it possible to uninstall office 2003 and re-install it without SP
> > 3. I'd rather have a fully functioning Microsoft Office Document Imaging
> > program than whatever improvements are associated with SP 3.

> > Is anyone else experiencing this problem?- Hide quoted text -

I was having the same problem as described above after installing
service pack 3 for office. However, I had a different computer that
did not have SP 3 installed yet.

Here's what I did:

1. On the computer that is experiencing the error: Go to C:\Program
Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\MODI. Inside
is a folder called 11.0.
2. Rename that folder to 11.0new (or whatever you want to call it).
3. Find a computer that does not have service pack 3. Go to C:
\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\MODI and copy the folder
called 11.0
4. Paste the folder 11.0 into C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft
Shared\MODI on the computer that was experiencing problems.

This solved the problem for me.

Dazed and Confused

Re: Microsoft Office Document Imaging Problem after installing SP

How can i do that reset through the registry?

"Cherianjms@gmail.com" wrote:

> On Nov 17, 1:38 pm, Mike <M...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> > I get the same error. Microsoft's error reporting sends the following
> > information back to Microsoft:
> >
> > AppName: mspview.exe AppVer: 11.0.8166.2 AppStamp:4616c203
> > ModName: mspview.exe ModVer: 11.0.8166.2 ModStamp:4616c203
> > fDebug: 0 Offset: 00016537
> >
> > I have no idea how to solve this problem, but it is absurd that Microsoft's
> > supposed service update has ruined the ability to use one of the main Office
> > applications. This has to be fixed.
> >

> > "rjb8000" wrote:
> > > After installing SP 3 for Office 2003, Microsoft Office Document Imaging is
> > > demonstrating the following behavior:

> > > The icons on the tool bar work fine, but any attempt to pull down a menu
> > > (whether with the mouse or with keystrokes), such as the <file> menu causes
> > > the following error message:

> > > "Microsoft Office Document Imaging has encountered a problem and needs to
> > > close. We are sorry for the inconvenience."

> > > The program then shuts down.

> > > Is there a patch or anything else available which will enable us to get the
> > > menus to properly function?

> > > If not, is it possible to uninstall office 2003 and re-install it without SP
> > > 3. I'd rather have a fully functioning Microsoft Office Document Imaging
> > > program than whatever improvements are associated with SP 3.

> > > Is anyone else experiencing this problem?- Hide quoted text -

> Hi,
>
> I was having the same problem as described above after installing
> service pack 3 for office. However, I had a different computer that
> did not have SP 3 installed yet.
>

> Here's what I did:
>

> 1. On the computer that is experiencing the error: Go to C:\Program
> Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\MODI. Inside
> is a folder called 11.0.
> 2. Rename that folder to 11.0new (or whatever you want to call it).
> 3. Find a computer that does not have service pack 3. Go to C:
> \Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\MODI and copy the folder
> called 11.0
> 4. Paste the folder 11.0 into C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft
> Shared\MODI on the computer that was experiencing problems.
>

> This solved the problem for me.

Dazed and Confused

Re: Microsoft Office Document Imaging Problem after installing SP
Here is the reg hack to fix the issue associate. I created a script to push
this remotely to a list of computers:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.tif]
"Content Type"="image/tiff"
"PerceivedType"="image"
@="MSPaper.Document"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.tif\MSPaper.Document]

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.tif\MSPaper.Document\ShellNew]

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.tif\OpenWithList]

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.tif\OpenWithList\MSPVIEW.EXE]
@=""

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.tif\OpenWithProgids]
"TIFImage.Document"=hex(0):

Just copy and paste this in to a text file and save with a name of your
choice, change the extention to .reg and your good to go.

"Cherianjms@gmail.com" wrote:

> On Nov 17, 1:38 pm, Mike <M...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> > I get the same error. Microsoft's error reporting sends the following
> > information back to Microsoft:
> >
> > AppName: mspview.exe AppVer: 11.0.8166.2 AppStamp:4616c203
> > ModName: mspview.exe ModVer: 11.0.8166.2 ModStamp:4616c203
> > fDebug: 0 Offset: 00016537
> >
> > I have no idea how to solve this problem, but it is absurd that Microsoft's
> > supposed service update has ruined the ability to use one of the main Office
> > applications. This has to be fixed.
> >

> > "rjb8000" wrote:
> > > After installing SP 3 for Office 2003, Microsoft Office Document Imaging is
> > > demonstrating the following behavior:

> > > The icons on the tool bar work fine, but any attempt to pull down a menu
> > > (whether with the mouse or with keystrokes), such as the <file> menu causes
> > > the following error message:

> > > "Microsoft Office Document Imaging has encountered a problem and needs to
> > > close. We are sorry for the inconvenience."

> > > The program then shuts down.

> > > Is there a patch or anything else available which will enable us to get the
> > > menus to properly function?

> > > If not, is it possible to uninstall office 2003 and re-install it without SP
> > > 3. I'd rather have a fully functioning Microsoft Office Document Imaging
> > > program than whatever improvements are associated with SP 3.

> > > Is anyone else experiencing this problem?- Hide quoted text -

> Hi,
>
> I was having the same problem as described above after installing
> service pack 3 for office. However, I had a different computer that
> did not have SP 3 installed yet.
>

> Here's what I did:
>

> 1. On the computer that is experiencing the error: Go to C:\Program
> Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\MODI. Inside
> is a folder called 11.0.
> 2. Rename that folder to 11.0new (or whatever you want to call it).
> 3. Find a computer that does not have service pack 3. Go to C:
> \Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\MODI and copy the folder
> called 11.0
> 4. Paste the folder 11.0 into C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft
> Shared\MODI on the computer that was experiencing problems.
>

> This solved the problem for me.

SirBrianThe Lion

Re: Microsoft Office Document Imaging Problem after installing SP
Thanks! This was the best advice I found anywhere. I found the old office
version on another computer and did exactly what was suggested and things
work just fine now. Note: I actually made another copy of the old 11.0
folder and renamed it "OLD 11.0 - USE TO FIX ERROR" and then put that folder
in the MODI folder. That way if Microsoft Update does mess up the files in
the 11.0 folder again, I can just go back to the MODI folder and copy the old
files back into the 11.0 folder again.