Windows Update page is blank in Vista

Big_G

Windows Update page is blank in Vista
On my Vista machine, when I go to the Windows Update Control Panel option I
get a blank screen, devoid of anything else other than the outline of the
button and whatnot. I can still install updates and keep everything secure
but this is annoying as I can't see anything. Take a look...
http://img441.imageshack.us/img441/6...pdatessuh4.jpg
Sam Slarocha

RE: Windows Update page is blank in Vista

"Big_G" wrote:

> On my Vista machine, when I go to the Windows Update Control Panel option I
> get a blank screen, devoid of anything else other than the outline of the
> button and whatnot. I can still install updates and keep everything secure
> but this is annoying as I can't see anything. Take a look...
> http://img441.imageshack.us/img441/6...pdatessuh4.jpg

Paul_Cad44

RE: Windows Update page is blank in Vista
DID you get this resolved as i have the same problem, had a load of missing
dll's too that i managed to replace and everything working ok apart from this.

"Big_G" wrote:

> On my Vista machine, when I go to the Windows Update Control Panel option I
> get a blank screen, devoid of anything else other than the outline of the
> button and whatnot. I can still install updates and keep everything secure
> but this is annoying as I can't see anything. Take a look...
> http://img441.imageshack.us/img441/6...pdatessuh4.jpg

Ace

RE: Windows Update page is blank in Vista
I also have the same problem, if you learn a fix can you please let us know.

"Paul_Cad44" wrote:

> DID you get this resolved as i have the same problem, had a load of missing
> dll's too that i managed to replace and everything working ok apart from this.
>
> "Big_G" wrote:
>
> > On my Vista machine, when I go to the Windows Update Control Panel option I
> > get a blank screen, devoid of anything else other than the outline of the
> > button and whatnot. I can still install updates and keep everything secure
> > but this is annoying as I can't see anything. Take a look...
> > http://img441.imageshack.us/img441/6...pdatessuh4.jpg

Paul_Cad44

RE: Windows Update page is blank in Vista
Contacted microsoft havent got a clue my guess is something screwed teh
system files up and itll need a full install again which i loath to do.

"Ace" wrote:

> I also have the same problem, if you learn a fix can you please let us know.
>
> "Paul_Cad44" wrote:
>
> > DID you get this resolved as i have the same problem, had a load of missing
> > dll's too that i managed to replace and everything working ok apart from this.
> >
> > "Big_G" wrote:
> >
> > > On my Vista machine, when I go to the Windows Update Control Panel option I
> > > get a blank screen, devoid of anything else other than the outline of the
> > > button and whatnot. I can still install updates and keep everything secure
> > > but this is annoying as I can't see anything. Take a look...
> > > http://img441.imageshack.us/img441/6...pdatessuh4.jpg

Speedbumpgal

RE: Windows Update page is blank in Vista
I have this exact problem too! Has anyone learned how to fix it?

"Paul_Cad44" wrote:

> Contacted microsoft havent got a clue my guess is something screwed teh
> system files up and itll need a full install again which i loath to do.
>
> "Ace" wrote:
>
> > I also have the same problem, if you learn a fix can you please let us know.
> >
> > "Paul_Cad44" wrote:
> >
> > > DID you get this resolved as i have the same problem, had a load of missing
> > > dll's too that i managed to replace and everything working ok apart from this.

Marius

RE: Windows Update page is blank in Vista
It happened to me too. Someoane knows what is the problem?

"Speedbumpgal" wrote:

> I have this exact problem too! Has anyone learned how to fix it?
>
> "Paul_Cad44" wrote:
>
> > Contacted microsoft havent got a clue my guess is something screwed teh
> > system files up and itll need a full install again which i loath to do.
> >
> > "Ace" wrote:
> >
> > > I also have the same problem, if you learn a fix can you please let us know.

mentormatt8

Re: Windows Update page is blank in Vista

Your imageshack graphics is not showing. If you have problems with
Windows 'Vista Control Panel not showing up properly'
(http://annoyances-resolved.blogspot....coming-up.html)
it could be due to software licensing service not running properly

--
mentormatt8
mentormatt8's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/139753.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

Michael

Re: Windows Update page is blank in Vista
I'm sure after TWO YEARS he found a solution! You Techarena children really
need to take a course on basic reading.

--

"Don't pick a fight with an old man.

"mentormatt8" <mentormatt8.43ghfb@DoNotSpam.com> wrote in message

> Your imageshack graphics is not showing. If you have problems with
> Windows 'Vista Control Panel not showing up properly'
> (http://annoyances-resolved.blogspot....coming-up.html)
> it could be due to software licensing service not running properly
>

> --
> mentormatt8
> mentormatt8's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/139753.htm
> View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/windows-update/854530.htm
>
> http://forums.techarena.in

Re: Windows Update page is blank in Vista
<applause>