RE: Install Error 643 Security Update for Microsoft .NET Framework

Vance

RE: Install Error 643 Security Update for Microsoft .NET Framework
I had tried to find the Sp 1.1 download on MD but did not see it there do you
have a more specified file name for it or a link would be great,

"Earlene" wrote:

> I had the same problem for months. Here's what I finally did to make it work:
> I went to the Microsoft Download Center and found that this update requires
> Service Pack 1.1 which I believed had previously installed since my system is
> set for automatic updates. However, as nothing else had worked, I tried it
> anyway. Sure enough, a dialog box came up notifying me that it SP 1.1 had
> previously installed BUT asking if I wanted to install it on the Net
> Framework 1.1. I allowed the install there, then began installation of
> update 929729, also on the Net Framework 1.1. It worked.
>

> "Patra" wrote:
>
> > I have done all that windows suggested at least 4 times today and the
> > installation still fails.
> >
> > "DaveK" wrote:
> >
> > > -- Security Update for Microsoft .NET Framework, Version 1.1 Service Pack 1
> > > (KB929729)
> > >
> > > The update fails to install, error code 643.
> > >
> > > How do I install the udate. Windows Vista Home Premium, Dell PC.

Earlene

RE: Install Error 643 Security Update for Microsoft .NET Framework
Vance:
I believe this is it. The numbers match up with the updates listed on my
machine:

Hope this helps.
Earlene

"Vance" wrote:

> I had tried to find the Sp 1.1 download on MD but did not see it there do you
> have a more specified file name for it or a link would be great,
>
> "Earlene" wrote:
> >
> > I had the same problem for months. Here's what I finally did to make it work:
> > I went to the Microsoft Download Center and found that this update requires
> > Service Pack 1.1 which I believed had previously installed since my system is
> > set for automatic updates. However, as nothing else had worked, I tried it
> > anyway. Sure enough, a dialog box came up notifying me that it SP 1.1 had
> > previously installed BUT asking if I wanted to install it on the Net
> > Framework 1.1. I allowed the install there, then began installation of
> > update 929729, also on the Net Framework 1.1. It worked.
> >

> > "Patra" wrote:
> >
> > > I have done all that windows suggested at least 4 times today and the
> > > installation still fails.

jejfudd

RE: Install Error 643 Security Update for Microsoft .NET Framework
Just had to say thanks Earlene! I too had that pesky little problem. The only
hitch I ran into was that it couldn't locate the netfx.msi file. Thankfully
'Search' found it in short order otherwise it was a pretty straightforward
fix. I guess the question I have is "was this trip really necessary MS?"