Re: Lost Audio Device after Microsoft Update

wrenchgirl

Re: Lost Audio Device after Microsoft Update
Can you tell me what is meant by "rolling back on the driver"? I made the
same mistake and ran the update and lost my sound.

"realcestmoi" wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> If rolling back on the driver does not work, try system restore in safe
> mode choose no when yes or no is asked and system restore will open and roll
> back to a point before the errror occured.
>
> If your sound is working fine than just leave it be working fine Never use
> WU update for hardware drivers and always check what you are installing from
> WU.
>
> Best regards,
> Michel Denie
>
> "bluecrystal99" <bluecrystal99@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news16059C4-94E0-4987-81E3-E5DF062E4760@microsoft.com...
> >I installed an optional Microsoft Update for
> >
> > "Conexant-Sound-Conexant High Definition Audio"
> >
> > I now have lost my audio device and have no sound. I followed some trouble
> > shooting steps and that didn't help. The updated failed to install and the
> > error detail is:
> >
> > Code 800700FF
> >
> > Any help would be great!

MowGreen [MVP]

Re: Lost Audio Device after Microsoft Update
How To Use the Roll Back Driver Feature in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/283657

After you install a device or update a driver for a device, Windows
Vista may not start
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/927525

MowGreen [MVP 2003-2008]
===============
*-343-* FDNY
Never Forgotten
===============

wrenchgirl wrote:

> Can you tell me what is meant by "rolling back on the driver"? I made the
> same mistake and ran the update and lost my sound.
>
> "realcestmoi" wrote:
>

>>Hi there,
>>
>>If rolling back on the driver does not work, try system restore in safe
>>mode choose no when yes or no is asked and system restore will open and roll
>>back to a point before the errror occured.
>>
>>If your sound is working fine than just leave it be working fine Never use
>>WU update for hardware drivers and always check what you are installing from
>>WU.
>>
>>Best regards,
>>Michel Denie

realcestmoi

Re: Lost Audio Device after Microsoft Update
Hi Thre,

I could have told you if you sticked to your first thread and not openend a
second one trying to solve the problem you stated there

To many threads to follow all that is.

It is logical and less poluting to stay in the one you opened and work it
from there.

Best regards,
Michel Denie