Error details: Code 80072EFE

Hugh

Error details: Code 80072EFE
Security Update for Microsoft XML Core Services 4.0 Service Pack 2 (KB936181)
This file has failed to install through automatic updates. I have tried
twice to update it manually.
Both attempts failed.I have Vista Premium
Error details: Code 80072EFE
--
Hugh
MowGreen [MVP]

Re: Error details: Code 80072EFE
80072EFE ERROR_INTERNET_CONNECTION_ABORTED
Some network problem or the server/proxy reset the socket connection

A manual installation should not have either of the above issues.
To be clear, you manually downloaded the update and it failed to install
or you tried to manually install the update that was downloaded by
Automatic Updates [Windows Updates, in Vista] ?

Are there any other updates listed for XML 4.0 SP2 in Add/Remove
Programs in the Control Panel ?

Is the native Vista firewall being used or is there a 3rd party firewall
installed ?

MowGreen [MVP 2003-2008]
===============
*-343-* FDNY
Never Forgotten
===============

Hugh wrote:

> Security Update for Microsoft XML Core Services 4.0 Service Pack 2 (KB936181)
> This file has failed to install through automatic updates. I have tried
> twice to update it manually.
> Both attempts failed.I have Vista Premium
> Error details: Code 80072EFE

Darren

Re: Error details: Code 80072EFE
I am also having the same problem i tried to do the update and i get an error
code for 800700B. I then downloaded the files to install manually and the
install fails.
MowGreen [MVP]

Re: Error details: Code 80072EFE
See if this helps, Darren:

Windows Update error 8007000b
http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Win...904121033.mspx

MowGreen [MVP 2003-2008]
===============
*-343-* FDNY
Never Forgotten
===============

Darren wrote:
> I am also having the same problem i tried to do the update and i get an error
> code for 800700B. I then downloaded the files to install manually and the
> install fails.

TonyM

Re: Error details: Code 80072EFE
This worked on the two Vista machines that we have.

1) Create a folder on C:\ drive called 'WUAGENT'. Use this directory to
store the Windows Update Agent file (see next step).

2) Go to the link below, and download 'WindowsUpdateAgent30-x86.exe' to the
C:\WUAGENT directory:

http://download.windowsupdate.com/v7...gent30-x86.exe

3) Open the Command Prompt and forced a re-install of the Windows Update
Agent with the following command:

C:\WUAGENT\WindowsUpdateAgent30-x86.exe /wuforce

4) Try to re-install the update

"MowGreen [MVP]" wrote:

> 80072EFE ERROR_INTERNET_CONNECTION_ABORTED
> Some network problem or the server/proxy reset the socket connection
>
> A manual installation should not have either of the above issues.
> To be clear, you manually downloaded the update and it failed to install
> or you tried to manually install the update that was downloaded by
> Automatic Updates [Windows Updates, in Vista] ?
>
> Are there any other updates listed for XML 4.0 SP2 in Add/Remove
> Programs in the Control Panel ?
>
> Is the native Vista firewall being used or is there a 3rd party firewall
> installed ?
>

> MowGreen [MVP 2003-2008]
> ===============
> *-343-* FDNY
> Never Forgotten
> ===============
>

> Hugh wrote:
>
> > Security Update for Microsoft XML Core Services 4.0 Service Pack 2 (KB936181)
> > This file has failed to install through automatic updates. I have tried
> > twice to update it manually.
> > Both attempts failed.I have Vista Premium
> > Error details: Code 80072EFE

JEC

Re: Error details: Code 80072EFE
i have thesame problem where error details is code 80072EFE. HOW DO I CORRECT
THIS? TKS

"MowGreen [MVP]" wrote:

> 80072EFE ERROR_INTERNET_CONNECTION_ABORTED
> Some network problem or the server/proxy reset the socket connection
>
> A manual installation should not have either of the above issues.
> To be clear, you manually downloaded the update and it failed to install
> or you tried to manually install the update that was downloaded by
> Automatic Updates [Windows Updates, in Vista] ?
>
> Are there any other updates listed for XML 4.0 SP2 in Add/Remove
> Programs in the Control Panel ?
>
> Is the native Vista firewall being used or is there a 3rd party firewall
> installed ?
>

> MowGreen [MVP 2003-2008]
> ===============
> *-343-* FDNY
> Never Forgotten
> ===============
>

> Hugh wrote:
>
> > Security Update for Microsoft XML Core Services 4.0 Service Pack 2 (KB936181)
> > This file has failed to install through automatic updates. I have tried
> > twice to update it manually.
> > Both attempts failed.I have Vista Premium
> > Error details: Code 80072EFE

TaurArian

Re: Error details: Code 80072EFE
0x80072EFE - ERROR_INTERNET_CONNECTION_ABORTED - The connection with the server has been
terminated.

You may encounter temporary connection-related errors when you use Windows Update or
Microsoft Update to install updates
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/836941
--

TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2009 - Update Services
http://taurarian.mvps.org

"JEC" <JEC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
|i have thesame problem where error details is code 80072EFE. HOW DO I CORRECT
| THIS? TKS
|
| "MowGreen [MVP]" wrote:
|
| > 80072EFE ERROR_INTERNET_CONNECTION_ABORTED
| > Some network problem or the server/proxy reset the socket connection
| >
| > A manual installation should not have either of the above issues.
| > To be clear, you manually downloaded the update and it failed to install
| > or you tried to manually install the update that was downloaded by
| > Automatic Updates [Windows Updates, in Vista] ?
| >
| > Are there any other updates listed for XML 4.0 SP2 in Add/Remove
| > Programs in the Control Panel ?
| >
| > Is the native Vista firewall being used or is there a 3rd party firewall
| > installed ?
| >

| > MowGreen [MVP 2003-2008]
| > ===============
| > *-343-* FDNY
| > Never Forgotten
| > ===============
| >

| > Hugh wrote:
| >
| > > Security Update for Microsoft XML Core Services 4.0 Service Pack 2 (KB936181)
| > > This file has failed to install through automatic updates. I have tried
| > > twice to update it manually.
| > > Both attempts failed.I have Vista Premium
| > > Error details: Code 80072EFE

wgeorge

Re: Error details: Code 80072EFE
I am also having a similar problem. I sometimes leave microsoft running for
well over an hour and get the same code where no update whatsoever is listed.
I recently installed service pack 1 expecting the problem would be fixed yet
i still get the error.

"MowGreen [MVP]" wrote:

> 80072EFE ERROR_INTERNET_CONNECTION_ABORTED
> Some network problem or the server/proxy reset the socket connection
>
> A manual installation should not have either of the above issues.
> To be clear, you manually downloaded the update and it failed to install
> or you tried to manually install the update that was downloaded by
> Automatic Updates [Windows Updates, in Vista] ?
>
> Are there any other updates listed for XML 4.0 SP2 in Add/Remove
> Programs in the Control Panel ?
>
> Is the native Vista firewall being used or is there a 3rd party firewall
> installed ?
>

> MowGreen [MVP 2003-2008]
> ===============
> *-343-* FDNY
> Never Forgotten
> ===============
>

> Hugh wrote:
>
> > Security Update for Microsoft XML Core Services 4.0 Service Pack 2 (KB936181)
> > This file has failed to install through automatic updates. I have tried
> > twice to update it manually.
> > Both attempts failed.I have Vista Premium
> > Error details: Code 80072EFE

mowgreen

"MowGreen [MVP]" wrote:

> 80072EFE ERROR_INTERNET_CONNECTION_ABORTED
> Some network problem or the server/proxy reset the socket connection
>
> A manual installation should not have either of the above issues.
> To be clear, you manually downloaded the update and it failed to install
> or you tried to manually install the update that was downloaded by
> Automatic Updates [Windows Updates, in Vista] ?
>
> Are there any other updates listed for XML 4.0 SP2 in Add/Remove
> Programs in the Control Panel ?
>
> Is the native Vista firewall being used or is there a 3rd party firewall
> installed ?
>

> MowGreen [MVP 2003-2008]
> ===============
> *-343-* FDNY
> Never Forgotten
> ===============
>

> Hugh wrote:
>
> > Security Update for Microsoft XML Core Services 4.0 Service Pack 2 (KB936181)
> > This file has failed to install through automatic updates. I have tried
> > twice to update it manually.
> > Both attempts failed.I have Vista Premium
> > Error details: Code 80072EFE

Ricardo Leiva

"TonyM" wrote:

> This worked on the two Vista machines that we have.
>
> 1) Create a folder on C:\ drive called 'WUAGENT'. Use this directory to
> store the Windows Update Agent file (see next step).
>
> 2) Go to the link below, and download 'WindowsUpdateAgent30-x86.exe' to the
> C:\WUAGENT directory:
>
> http://download.windowsupdate.com/v7...gent30-x86.exe
>
> 3) Open the Command Prompt and forced a re-install of the Windows Update
> Agent with the following command:
>
> C:\WUAGENT\WindowsUpdateAgent30-x86.exe /wuforce
>
> 4) Try to re-install the update

Hello: I have tried with this solution, but it didn't work because my
command prompt doesn't allow to introduce some of the symbols that you
suggest, like "\". I can't download the actualizations. And it appears the
errors 8024401B or 800700B, alternatively. Sorry, but Spanish is mi native
language. Please help me to solve this problem. Thanks. Ricardo