Update 943460 causes WordPerefect 11 problems

K. Welch

Update 943460 causes WordPerefect 11 problems
Anyone have suggestions regarding the problem of not being able to open
folders/files from existing Network Neighborhood shortcuts/links from within
WordPerfect 11 after instllation of Update 943460? The workaround(s) in
KB943460 did not seem to work. Removing the update restores the function.

Just to clarify, the user(s) are opening WordPerfect 11, clicking on
File>Open,
from drop down list in the "look in" field selecting My Network
Neighborhood, then clicking on the existing shortcut/link to the file/folder
on the server.
Essentially, nothing happens, and the user is remains on/returned to
the same screen.

The AllowException
workarounds described in the MS knowledgebase article are not working
with any (or all at the same time) of the following application names
applied: wpwin11.exe, wpwin.exe, wpwin11.dll, or wpdes11.exe.

Thanks.

Ottmar Freudenberger

Re: Update 943460 causes WordPerefect 11 problems
"K. Welch" <K. Welch@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb:

> Anyone have suggestions regarding the problem of not being able to open
> folders/files from existing Network Neighborhood shortcuts/links from within
> WordPerfect 11 after instllation of Update 943460?

Is that true for *any* files/folders or "only" for those containing a
blank in the name of the files/folders?

Anyway, feel free to contact MS-PSS on the issue which should be free
of charge since based on a security update.

Bye,
Freudi
K. Welch

Re: Update 943460 causes WordPerefect 11 problems
This issue occurs for any files/folders.

For those that do have a blank in the name I verified the file names were
surrounded with quotes but that did not resolve the issue, either.

I'm quite reluctant to contact MS-PSS. Certainly I'm not ready to pay the
full support call price should MS decide it wasn't an issue to be address
free.

Thanks.

"Ottmar Freudenberger" wrote:

> "K. Welch" <K. Welch@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb:
>
> > Anyone have suggestions regarding the problem of not being able to open
> > folders/files from existing Network Neighborhood shortcuts/links from within
> > WordPerfect 11 after instllation of Update 943460?

> Is that true for *any* files/folders or "only" for those containing a
> blank in the name of the files/folders?
>
> Anyway, feel free to contact MS-PSS on the issue which should be free
> of charge since based on a security update.
>
> Bye,
> Freudi

Ottmar Freudenberger

Re: Update 943460 causes WordPerefect 11 problems
"K. Welch" <KWelch@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb:

> This issue occurs for any files/folders.

Hm, ... I assume there's nothing to found on the Corel site too,
right?

> I'm quite reluctant to contact MS-PSS. Certainly I'm not ready to pay the
> full support call price should MS decide it wasn't an issue to be address
> free.

Well, otherwise MS will "prossibly" never know about the possible issue.
And yes, in case you may be charged, you'ld be informed about before.

Your choice,
Freudi
K. Welch

Re: Update 943460 causes WordPerefect 11 problems
You are correct about nothing on the Corel site about the problem as of last
check. I do have an inquiry in/posted.

If/when a solution is determined, I'll add a reply with the information.
Nothing worse than tracking down an issue and the resolution never having
been posed (presuming, of course, there was a resolution).