Last Vista Update Change Desktop fonts to a symbol type help!

powdernh

Last Vista Update Change Desktop fonts to a symbol type help!
The last update change the font on the computer to a symbol type and being
new to Vist its kind of hard to find things when you can not read what they
are. I did find a spot where I changed the indavidual font like message ,
header, but it all go back even after save. Web pages are in English ans Im
is also. Tried roll back and no luck. Any thoughts.
--
Mr T
antioch

Re: Last Vista Update Change Desktop fonts to a symbol type help!

"powdernh" <powdernh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> The last update change the font on the computer to a symbol type and being
> new to Vist its kind of hard to find things when you can not read what
> they
> are. I did find a spot where I changed the indavidual font like message ,
> header, but it all go back even after save. Web pages are in English ans
> Im
> is also. Tried roll back and no luck. Any thoughts.
> --
> Mr T

What last update - KB number/s.
Your operating system?
How did you download/install?
Have you tried any of the MS download helps?

Antioch

powdernh

Re: Last Vista Update Change Desktop fonts to a symbol type help!
Thanks for the reply, Its an AMD dual 1.8 processer with a gig of ram. The
computer was set for auto update and install so it did it all on its own
11/14 @ 12:55am. Un fortunatly I can not give you the update number because I
can not read a thing on it. If it was a language I could find somebody who
spoke it. But symbols I dont know. I have not tried any of the MS Download
help. I will take a look there also.
Thanks
--
Mr T

> Thanks for the reply, Its an AMD dual 1.8 processer with a gig of ram. The
> computer was set for auto update and install so it did it all on its own
> 11/14 @ 12:55am. Un fortunatly I can not give you the update number
> because I
> can not read a thing on it. If it was a language I could find somebody
> who
> spoke it. But symbols I dont know. I have not tried any of the MS Download
> help. I will take a look there also.
> Thanks
> --
> Mr T
>

> "antioch" wrote:

Auto download and install is not the recommended way - notify and let me
select is the most prudent. Unless you trust MS to put any old crap on your
one and only computer.[Perhaps you wont again :-) ]
I do not run Vista so I would suggest a post in one of the Vista groups in
that web based discussion group you are using, as nobody else has offered
you a solution in this group.
They must be able to help get rid of the symbol problem.
Good luck
Antioch