Re: Windows Vista Update error 800B0100

Cjohn

Re: Windows Vista Update error 800B0100
TuarArian,

I logged a support request weeks ago and nothing has come back. I have been
researching this issue for about 2 months now. Let me simplify for anyone
else having this issue:

There is *no* solution on the internet to solve this problem - EXCEPT - for
doing an update to your Vista install. I've read things like setting your
clock, deleting all files from some freaking directory, etc, etc. Try if you
like, but I'm sure only a re-install will fix it - until Microsoft choose to
release a fix.

"TaurArian [MS-MVP]" wrote:

> | > free Windows Update support incident request:
> | > https://support.microsoft.com/oas/de...spx?gprid=6527
>
> --
> ====================================
> TaurArian [MS-MVP] 2005-2008 - Australia
> ====================================
> How to make a good post: http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
> Defending your machine: http://defendingyourmachine2.blogspot.com/
> http://taurarian.mvps.org/index.htm

> "PieterPaulus" <PieterPaulus@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> | Since a week I received on every attempt to do an Microsoft Update: Not
> | possible to search for updates.
> | I've been reading a lot about it on the internet but have not found the
> | solution. I already deleted an pending.xml-file and tried to install Windows
> | updater but that failed.
> | I also tried to UPGRADE from the Vista CDrom but half-way I got an error
> | that It will be stopped. No error-codes.
> | Who can help me.
> | Thx, pitrpaulus.

TaurArian

Re: Windows Vista Update error 800B0100
Thanks for reporting back. Disappointing that MS haven't responded to your incident
report.

I had things to try for this error code for Windows XP but nothing that has been tested on
Vista unfortunately.

====================================
TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2008 - Australia
====================================

"Cjohn" <Cjohn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
| TuarArian,
|
| I logged a support request weeks ago and nothing has come back. I have been
| researching this issue for about 2 months now. Let me simplify for anyone
| else having this issue:
|
| There is *no* solution on the internet to solve this problem - EXCEPT - for
| doing an update to your Vista install. I've read things like setting your
| clock, deleting all files from some freaking directory, etc, etc. Try if you
| like, but I'm sure only a re-install will fix it - until Microsoft choose to
| release a fix.

| > --
| > ====================================
| > TaurArian [MS-MVP] 2005-2008 - Australia
| > ====================================
| > How to make a good post: http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
| > Defending your machine: http://defendingyourmachine2.blogspot.com/
| > http://taurarian.mvps.org/index.htm
| >
| > Emails will not be acknowledged - please post to the newsgroup so all may benefit.
| >

| > "PieterPaulus" <PieterPaulus@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
| > | Since a week I received on every attempt to do an Microsoft Update: Not
| > | possible to search for updates.
| > | I've been reading a lot about it on the internet but have not found the
| > | solution. I already deleted an pending.xml-file and tried to install Windows
| > | updater but that failed.
| > | I also tried to UPGRADE from the Vista CDrom but half-way I got an error
| > | that It will be stopped. No error-codes.
| > | Who can help me.
| > | Thx, pitrpaulus.

jinkyjoany