Dell Printer 942 Update - Need to Uninstall

Miguel

Dell Printer 942 Update - Need to Uninstall
Since installing the "Dell Inkjet Drivers - Printers - Dell Photo AIO Printer
942" on my system yesterday, I have been unable to print, or communicate with
my 942 printer. I found several people on the Dell Forum with the same
problem, but all they've tried was to uninstall and re-install the printer.
I've done that, but I too have been unsuccessful. I don't see this update
listed in the "Add / Remove" list. How can I unstall it?
antioch

Re: Dell Printer 942 Update - Need to Uninstall

"Miguel" <Miguel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Since installing the "Dell Inkjet Drivers - Printers - Dell Photo AIO
> Printer
> 942" on my system yesterday, I have been unable to print, or communicate
> with
> my 942 printer. I found several people on the Dell Forum with the same
> problem, but all they've tried was to uninstall and re-install the
> printer.
> I've done that, but I too have been unsuccessful. I don't see this update
> listed in the "Add / Remove" list. How can I unstall it?

Sorry but this is NOT an update group for printer drivers - this is the
windowsupdate group - updates that come every Black Tuesday.
You say you have uninstalled/installed the driver so you must know where it
is.
I would keep an eye on that forum - they surely must come up with an
answer - if your printer works OK without this driver update then why fix it
if it aint broke?
The driver for the printer should show under Device Manager - System Props -
Hardware. In all probability it has a Microsoft Digital Signature driver.
If not it will refer to the manufacturers driver details.

The hardware group within the web interface you are using may be able to
help.

Antioch

TaurArian

RE: Dell Printer 942 Update - Need to Uninstall
Just adding - System Restore sometimes is useful.

"Miguel" wrote:

> Since installing the "Dell Inkjet Drivers - Printers - Dell Photo AIO Printer
> 942" on my system yesterday, I have been unable to print, or communicate with
> my 942 printer. I found several people on the Dell Forum with the same
> problem, but all they've tried was to uninstall and re-install the printer.
> I've done that, but I too have been unsuccessful. I don't see this update
> listed in the "Add / Remove" list. How can I unstall it?

Jupiter Jones [MVP]

Re: Dell Printer 942 Update - Need to Uninstall
Miguel;
If it is USB, try a different USB port preferably in a different block
of USB connections.

Try system Restore to Date/Time before issue started:
Start/All Programs/Accessories/System Tools/System Restore
Select appropriate Restore Point, follow prompts and reboot.

Otherwise if this came from Dell, then Dell is who you need to
contact.
Also, keep an eye on the Dell forums.
Since others have the same issue, Dell will probably post the solution
there.

--
Jupiter Jones [MVP]
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar

"Miguel" <Miguel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Since installing the "Dell Inkjet Drivers - Printers - Dell Photo
> AIO Printer
> 942" on my system yesterday, I have been unable to print, or
> communicate with
> my 942 printer. I found several people on the Dell Forum with the
> same
> problem, but all they've tried was to uninstall and re-install the
> printer.
> I've done that, but I too have been unsuccessful. I don't see this
> update
> listed in the "Add / Remove" list. How can I unstall it?

GM

Re: Dell Printer 942 Update - Need to Uninstall
Try to uninstall the driver and then delete the driver files, since Vista
will try to automatically install the driver once it detects the printer.
Once you restart get a fresh copy of the driver and re-install it.

"Jupiter Jones [MVP]" wrote:

> Miguel;
> If it is USB, try a different USB port preferably in a different block
> of USB connections.
>
> Try system Restore to Date/Time before issue started:
> Start/All Programs/Accessories/System Tools/System Restore
> Select appropriate Restore Point, follow prompts and reboot.
>
> Otherwise if this came from Dell, then Dell is who you need to
> contact.
> Also, keep an eye on the Dell forums.
> Since others have the same issue, Dell will probably post the solution
> there.
>
> --
> Jupiter Jones [MVP]
> http://www3.telus.net/dandemar
> http://www.dts-l.org
>

> "Miguel" <Miguel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Since installing the "Dell Inkjet Drivers - Printers - Dell Photo
> > AIO Printer
> > 942" on my system yesterday, I have been unable to print, or
> > communicate with
> > my 942 printer. I found several people on the Dell Forum with the
> > same
> > problem, but all they've tried was to uninstall and re-install the
> > printer.
> > I've done that, but I too have been unsuccessful. I don't see this
> > update
> > listed in the "Add / Remove" list. How can I unstall it?

Miguel

Re: Dell Printer 942 Update - Need to Uninstall
Thanks all for your messages. I failed to mention, my computer is running
XP. Also, this was an update that microsoft windows update installed on my
computer. It wasn't from Dell.

Miguel.