i updated my Conexant HD-Audio SmartAMC HD2 now my speakers don't

matt

i updated my Conexant HD-Audio SmartAMC HD2 now my speakers don't
i was doing some automatic update and the updater said something about
optional updates and Conexant - Sound - Conexant HD-Audio SmartAMC HD2 was an
optional update. i figured there might be some sorta problem with it and that
is what the update was for, and now (since i restarted my computer) it says
no audio output device is installed. I went to the device manager to try to
roll it back but the roll back driver box is gray. what should i do now?
thanks in advance
matt

RE: i updated my Conexant HD-Audio SmartAMC HD2 now my speakers don't

and i also have vista if that matters...
Shenan Stanley

matt wrote:
> i was doing some automatic update and the updater said something
> about optional updates and Conexant - Sound - Conexant HD-Audio
> SmartAMC HD2 was an optional update. i figured there might be some
> sorta problem with it and that is what the update was for, and now
> (since i restarted my computer) it says no audio output device is
> installed. I went to the device manager to try to roll it back but
> the roll back driver box is gray. what should i do now? thanks in
> advance

Go to the actual hardware manufacturer's web page, download and install the
latest driver directly from them and do not ever get hardware drivers for
non-microsoft hardware from the microsoft updates site again.

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP

matt

Re: i updated my Conexant HD-Audio SmartAMC HD2 now my speakers do
I just tried that and it didn't work...I have a hp pavillion and went to the
HP site and downloaded the update and tried installing it and it didn't
work... an error pops up and says "could not find the MEDIA device for this
driver." the site where i got the download is hp
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/s...ftwareitem=ob-
52105-1&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&product=3548368&os=2093&lang= en is this the right
site.

I also tried system recovery and i used a set point that was the 14th (i
downloaded the update the 15) and it did let me recover my system when it
loaded back up a message said like "not all files could be changed so system
recovery was aborted. No files have been changed" should i just do the system
recover at start up (f11)

"Shenan Stanley" wrote:

> matt wrote:
> > i was doing some automatic update and the updater said something
> > about optional updates and Conexant - Sound - Conexant HD-Audio
> > SmartAMC HD2 was an optional update. i figured there might be some
> > sorta problem with it and that is what the update was for, and now
> > (since i restarted my computer) it says no audio output device is
> > installed. I went to the device manager to try to roll it back but
> > the roll back driver box is gray. what should i do now? thanks in
> > advance

> Go to the actual hardware manufacturer's web page, download and install the
> latest driver directly from them and do not ever get hardware drivers for
> non-microsoft hardware from the microsoft updates site again.
>
> --
> Shenan Stanley
> MS-MVP
> --
> How To Ask Questions The Smart Way

Asif2007

Re: i updated my Conexant HD-Audio SmartAMC HD2 now my speakers do
I too have a Pavilion Laptop with Vista which came up with this optional
update. My problem wasn't extreme as yours the only thing for me was that
there was a lot of "crackling" noises but I was able to roll the driver back.

In the past i have disabled and re enabled the device and has always fixed
the problem, might be worth trying as well.

"matt" wrote:

> I just tried that and it didn't work...I have a hp pavillion and went to the
> HP site and downloaded the update and tried installing it and it didn't
> work... an error pops up and says "could not find the MEDIA device for this
> driver." the site where i got the download is hp
> http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/s...ftwareitem=ob-
> 52105-1&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&product=3548368&os=2093&lang= en is this the right
> site.
>
> I also tried system recovery and i used a set point that was the 14th (i
> downloaded the update the 15) and it did let me recover my system when it
> loaded back up a message said like "not all files could be changed so system
> recovery was aborted. No files have been changed" should i just do the system
> recover at start up (f11)
>
> "Shenan Stanley" wrote:
>
> > matt wrote:
> > > i was doing some automatic update and the updater said something
> > > about optional updates and Conexant - Sound - Conexant HD-Audio
> > > SmartAMC HD2 was an optional update. i figured there might be some
> > > sorta problem with it and that is what the update was for, and now
> > > (since i restarted my computer) it says no audio output device is
> > > installed. I went to the device manager to try to roll it back but
> > > the roll back driver box is gray. what should i do now? thanks in
> > > advance

> > Go to the actual hardware manufacturer's web page, download and install the
> > latest driver directly from them and do not ever get hardware drivers for
> > non-microsoft hardware from the microsoft updates site again.
> >
> > --
> > Shenan Stanley
> > MS-MVP
> > --
> > How To Ask Questions The Smart Way

tuathal

Re: i updated my Conexant HD-Audio SmartAMC HD2 now my speakers don't

I am having similar problems to above, ever since installing Windows
Vista SP1 on my Pavilion dv6527ea Notebook PC. The Conexant HD-Audio
SmartAMC HD2 is acting up. First the SP1 update totally removed the
drivers. Then I installed them and there was crackle. Then I
uninstalled SP1 and I can't get Ableton Live 7 to make sound. What to
do? Any help appreciated as HP forums dont address it as far as I can
see...

--
tuathal
tuathal's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=48542