Not ping, not remot access after installing KB943460

JGema

Not ping, not remot access after installing KB943460
Until yestarday I have been accessing find my computer by remote desktop,
today KB943460 was installed automatically and after restart I could not
access my computer with any remote program, try to ping and got no answer,
the computer is connect to the Lan and I can access from it any other
computer by windows explorer even internet is find, but it doesn't accept
incoming connections. I been trying everything, adding exception on firewall,
turn off firewall but I got not success. Will appreciate any help.
JGema

RE: Not ping, not remot access after installing KB943460
I already tried to uninstall the update. No effect, I still couldn't come
into my computer remotely and it doesn't respond to ping.

"JGema" wrote:

> Until yestarday I have been accessing find my computer by remote desktop,
> today KB943460 was installed automatically and after restart I could not
> access my computer with any remote program, try to ping and got no answer,
> the computer is connect to the Lan and I can access from it any other
> computer by windows explorer even internet is find, but it doesn't accept
> incoming connections. I been trying everything, adding exception on firewall,
> turn off firewall but I got not success. Will appreciate any help.

Ottmar Freudenberger

"JGema" <JGema@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb:

>I already tried to uninstall the update. No effect, I still couldn't come
> into my computer remotely and it doesn't respond to ping.

-> Issue not caused by the update in question.
Which Windows version are you using? Windows XP SP2 or Windows Server 2003?

>> I been trying everything, adding exception on firewall,
>> turn off firewall but I got not success.

*Which* firewall? Any 3rd party firewall software?

Bye,
Freudi
JGema

Re: Not ping, not remot access after installing KB943460
Windows Firewall

"Ottmar Freudenberger" wrote:

> "JGema" <JGema@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb:
>
> >I already tried to uninstall the update. No effect, I still couldn't come
> > into my computer remotely and it doesn't respond to ping.

> -> Issue not caused by the update in question.
> Which Windows version are you using? Windows XP SP2 or Windows Server 2003?
>
> >> I been trying everything, adding exception on firewall,
> >> turn off firewall but I got not success.

> *Which* firewall? Any 3rd party firewall software?
>
> Bye,
> Freudi

JGema

Re: Not ping, not remot access after installing KB943460
McAfee Firewall was the problem.

"JGema" wrote:

> Windows Firewall
>
> "Ottmar Freudenberger" wrote:
>
> > "JGema" <JGema@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb:
> >
> > >I already tried to uninstall the update. No effect, I still couldn't come
> > > into my computer remotely and it doesn't respond to ping.

> > -> Issue not caused by the update in question.
> > Which Windows version are you using? Windows XP SP2 or Windows Server 2003?

> > *Which* firewall? Any 3rd party firewall software?
> >
> > Bye,
> > Freudi

Ottmar Freudenberger

Re: Not ping, not remot access after installing KB943460
"JGema" <JGema@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb:

> McAfee Firewall was the problem.

Thank you very much for posting back and letting us know what indeed
caused the issue! :-)

Bye,
Freudi