Cant download sp2

silent_kelly

Cant download sp2
I am having trouble downloading the sp2 for xp. It just comes back saying it
has failed. Anyone know a link that I can use? I have tried this about 10
times and it never takes. Thanks for all the help
PA Bear

Re: Cant download sp2
See the "Order CD" link (bottom, right) here:
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/sp2/default.mspx

Download for manual install:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...5-9E368D3CDB5A

Also see:

WinXP SP2 - FAQ & Best Practices
http://aumha.net/index.php?c=16

Windows XP Service Pack 2 Problem Solver:
http://winhlp.com/WxSP2.htm

What to Know Before Downloading/Installing SP2
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/s...hattoknow.mspx

Installing SP2 Step-by-Step
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;[ln];xpsp2insthowto

Troubleshooting Your Installation
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;[ln];xpsp2insttshoot

WinXP SP2 FAQ: What to do after installing SP2
http://support.microsoft.com/default...xpsp2installed

Service Pack (any) Installation Checklist (MVP Jupiter Jones)

WinXP SP2-specific Page (MVP Jupiter Jones)
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/xpsp2.htm

The hard disk space requirements for Windows XP Service Pack 2
AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
DTS-L http://dts-l.org/

silent_kelly wrote:
> I am having trouble downloading the sp2 for xp. It just comes back saying
> it
> has failed. Anyone know a link that I can use? I have tried this about 10
> times and it never takes. Thanks for all the help

silent_kelly

Re: Cant download sp2
I went to the manual download and got this back: The core system (Kernel)
used to startthis computer is not microsoft windows file. The service pack
will not be installed. For information: Knowledge Base Article Q327101 @
http://support.microsoft.com.
This is like chinese to me and me hubby dont know much either of it. Can
someone exlain this as never happened before. I did just re-install from the
xp disk and certified the install today. If that makes any difference. Thanks
to all.

"PA Bear" wrote:

> See the "Order CD" link (bottom, right) here:
> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/sp2/default.mspx
>
> Download for manual install:
> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...5-9E368D3CDB5A
>
> Also see:
>
> WinXP SP2 - FAQ & Best Practices
> http://aumha.net/index.php?c=16
>
> Windows XP Service Pack 2 Problem Solver:
> http://winhlp.com/WxSP2.htm
>
> What to Know Before Downloading/Installing SP2
> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/s...hattoknow.mspx
>
> Installing SP2 Step-by-Step
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;[ln];xpsp2insthowto
>
> Troubleshooting Your Installation
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;[ln];xpsp2insttshoot
>
> WinXP SP2 FAQ: What to do after installing SP2
> http://support.microsoft.com/default...xpsp2installed
>
> Service Pack (any) Installation Checklist (MVP Jupiter Jones)
> http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/spackins.htm
>
> WinXP SP2-specific Page (MVP Jupiter Jones)
> http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/xpsp2.htm
>
> The hard disk space requirements for Windows XP Service Pack 2
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
> DTS-L http://dts-l.org/
>

> silent_kelly wrote:
> > I am having trouble downloading the sp2 for xp. It just comes back saying
> > it
> > has failed. Anyone know a link that I can use? I have tried this about 10
> > times and it never takes. Thanks for all the help

PA Bear

Re: Cant download sp2
Start a free support incident (and tell them the whole story from the
git-go):

Support for Windows Update:

Customers in the U.S. and Canada can receive technical support from
Microsoft Product Support Services at 1-866-PCSAFETY. There is no-charge for
support calls that are associated with security updates. When you call,
clearly state that your problem is related to a Security Update and cite the
update's KB number (e.g., KB931678).

In other countries, see
http://support.microsoft.com/default...r=securityhome > "No-Charge
Support...for virus and other security-related" issues in right-hand menu
for localized contact information.

For more information about how to contact Microsoft for support issues,
visit the International Support Web site:
https://support.microsoft.com/common/international.aspx

silent_kelly wrote:
> I went to the manual download and got this back: The core system (Kernel)
> used to startthis computer is not microsoft windows file. The service pack
> will not be installed. For information: Knowledge Base Article Q327101 @
> http://support.microsoft.com.
> This is like chinese to me and me hubby dont know much either of it. Can
> someone exlain this as never happened before. I did just re-install from
> the
> xp disk and certified the install today. If that makes any difference.
> Thanks to all.
>
> "PA Bear" wrote:
>
>> See the "Order CD" link (bottom, right) here:
>> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/sp2/default.mspx
>>
>> Download for manual install:
>> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...5-9E368D3CDB5A
>>
>> Also see:
>>
>> WinXP SP2 - FAQ & Best Practices
>> http://aumha.net/index.php?c=16
>>
>> Windows XP Service Pack 2 Problem Solver:
>> http://winhlp.com/WxSP2.htm
>>
>> What to Know Before Downloading/Installing SP2
>> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/s...hattoknow.mspx
>>
>> Installing SP2 Step-by-Step
>> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;[ln];xpsp2insthowto
>>
>> Troubleshooting Your Installation
>> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;[ln];xpsp2insttshoot
>>
>> WinXP SP2 FAQ: What to do after installing SP2
>> http://support.microsoft.com/default...xpsp2installed
>>
>> Service Pack (any) Installation Checklist (MVP Jupiter Jones)
>> http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/spackins.htm
>>
>> WinXP SP2-specific Page (MVP Jupiter Jones)
>> http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/xpsp2.htm
>>
>> The hard disk space requirements for Windows XP Service Pack 2
>> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>> AumHa VSOP & Admin http://aumha.net
>> DTS-L http://dts-l.org/
>>

>> silent_kelly wrote:
>>> I am having trouble downloading the sp2 for xp. It just comes back
>>> saying
>>> it
>>> has failed. Anyone know a link that I can use? I have tried this about
>>> 10
>>> times and it never takes. Thanks for all the help

TaurArian

Re: Cant download sp2
0x8007f0cc - STATUS_KERNEL_NONSTD
The core system file (kernel) used to start this computer is not a Microsoft Windows file.
The Service Pack will not be installed.
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=327101
Error message: Windows has detected that one or more protected core system files (kernel)
on your computer have been modified

or

Error Code:8007F0CC happens if you have changed your "boot.ini" file.

Have you created a custom boot screen, or have you used software such as Style XP to alter
your boot screen?

If you are using Style XP upgrade to the latest version. If you altered the "boot.ini"
file yourself and made a custom boot screen, just replace "boot.ini" with the backup you
made before editing it.

HOW TO: Edit the Boot.ini File in Windows XP

TaurArian [MVP] 2005-2008 - Australia
http://taurarian.mvps.org/index.htm