Update 941600 causes a serious crash (blue screen dump)...

JT

Update 941600 causes a serious crash (blue screen dump)...
I'm crashing (blue screen dump) during Windows Vista Business Update # 941600…
Running Windows Vista Business, all current updates installed. P4-3.0 GHz.
W/HT, Intel 945 chipset/board, 2 GB ram, SATA drive, ATI graphics. I've had
this running and stable for 6-8 months now. Originally installed a fresh copy
of Vista Biz and aside from the occasional Vista bug here and there, it's
been pretty stable...up until now. I can't imagine I'm the only one having
this same problem. When I install update #941600, my pc re-boots as it's
suppose to, when booting-up and during "configuring updates", I get a blue
screen dumb and in a matter or 1-2 seconds, it reboots on its own and will
continue to cycle unless I intervene. It happens so fast that I can't even
read the error message. I've tried re-booting and selecting "last know good
config" and "safe mode" and still the same problem. The only way I can get
around this is to boot-up in "safe mode with command prompt", run a "chkdsk
/f" command, let it reboot and perform a chkdsk and then it boots up but
without the update installed. I've also tried running the "SFC /SCANNOW"
command from the command prompt and that runs and returns an error "Windows
resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them".
Needless to say, I'm not installing the update as I've tried several times
with the same results. Any ideas or work a rounds out there? I understand
this is a pretty significant update and possible one or two updates away from
Vista SP1.

Brian

RE: Update 941600 causes a serious crash (blue screen dump)...
I think this may be the update that crashed my computer as well. I have
tried everything with no results - safe mode, system restore and a bunch of
other failed attempts. I am finally reinstalling Vista and hoping that the
Windows.old file will contain all my important files.

Microsoft really stuck it to us...wow. I'm sure your day wasn't planned
around beta testing and QA'ing for Bill Gates, huh? Good luck.

Brian

"JT" wrote:

> I'm crashing (blue screen dump) during Windows Vista Business Update # 941600…
> Running Windows Vista Business, all current updates installed. P4-3.0 GHz.
> W/HT, Intel 945 chipset/board, 2 GB ram, SATA drive, ATI graphics. I've had
> this running and stable for 6-8 months now. Originally installed a fresh copy
> of Vista Biz and aside from the occasional Vista bug here and there, it's
> been pretty stable...up until now. I can't imagine I'm the only one having
> this same problem. When I install update #941600, my pc re-boots as it's
> suppose to, when booting-up and during "configuring updates", I get a blue
> screen dumb and in a matter or 1-2 seconds, it reboots on its own and will
> continue to cycle unless I intervene. It happens so fast that I can't even
> read the error message. I've tried re-booting and selecting "last know good
> config" and "safe mode" and still the same problem. The only way I can get
> around this is to boot-up in "safe mode with command prompt", run a "chkdsk
> /f" command, let it reboot and perform a chkdsk and then it boots up but
> without the update installed. I've also tried running the "SFC /SCANNOW"
> command from the command prompt and that runs and returns an error "Windows
> resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them".
> Needless to say, I'm not installing the update as I've tried several times
> with the same results. Any ideas or work a rounds out there? I understand
> this is a pretty significant update and possible one or two updates away from
> Vista SP1.

JT

RE: Update 941600 causes a serious crash (blue screen dump)...
Sounds like it's too late but I bet if you tried booting in "Safe Mode with
Command Pormpt" and performed "chkdsk /f" like I did, you would've been able
to finally boot-up. It's not a fix but rather a work a round. Good luck to
you as well.

"Brian" wrote:

> I think this may be the update that crashed my computer as well. I have
> tried everything with no results - safe mode, system restore and a bunch of
> other failed attempts. I am finally reinstalling Vista and hoping that the
> Windows.old file will contain all my important files.
>
> Microsoft really stuck it to us...wow. I'm sure your day wasn't planned
> around beta testing and QA'ing for Bill Gates, huh? Good luck.
>
> Brian
>

> "JT" wrote:
>
> > I'm crashing (blue screen dump) during Windows Vista Business Update # 941600…
> > Running Windows Vista Business, all current updates installed. P4-3.0 GHz.
> > W/HT, Intel 945 chipset/board, 2 GB ram, SATA drive, ATI graphics. I've had
> > this running and stable for 6-8 months now. Originally installed a fresh copy
> > of Vista Biz and aside from the occasional Vista bug here and there, it's
> > been pretty stable...up until now. I can't imagine I'm the only one having
> > this same problem. When I install update #941600, my pc re-boots as it's
> > suppose to, when booting-up and during "configuring updates", I get a blue
> > screen dumb and in a matter or 1-2 seconds, it reboots on its own and will
> > continue to cycle unless I intervene. It happens so fast that I can't even
> > read the error message. I've tried re-booting and selecting "last know good
> > config" and "safe mode" and still the same problem. The only way I can get
> > around this is to boot-up in "safe mode with command prompt", run a "chkdsk
> > /f" command, let it reboot and perform a chkdsk and then it boots up but
> > without the update installed. I've also tried running the "SFC /SCANNOW"
> > command from the command prompt and that runs and returns an error "Windows
> > resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them".
> > Needless to say, I'm not installing the update as I've tried several times
> > with the same results. Any ideas or work a rounds out there? I understand
> > this is a pretty significant update and possible one or two updates away from
> > Vista SP1.

JT

Update 941649 causes a serious crash (blue screen of death)...
CORRECTION. The failed update is 941649 NOT 941600. I goofed on the subject.

"JT" wrote:

> I'm crashing (blue screen dump) during Windows Vista Business Update # 941600…
> Running Windows Vista Business, all current updates installed. P4-3.0 GHz.
> W/HT, Intel 945 chipset/board, 2 GB ram, SATA drive, ATI graphics. I've had
> this running and stable for 6-8 months now. Originally installed a fresh copy
> of Vista Biz and aside from the occasional Vista bug here and there, it's
> been pretty stable...up until now. I can't imagine I'm the only one having
> this same problem. When I install update #941600, my pc re-boots as it's
> suppose to, when booting-up and during "configuring updates", I get a blue
> screen dumb and in a matter or 1-2 seconds, it reboots on its own and will
> continue to cycle unless I intervene. It happens so fast that I can't even
> read the error message. I've tried re-booting and selecting "last know good
> config" and "safe mode" and still the same problem. The only way I can get
> around this is to boot-up in "safe mode with command prompt", run a "chkdsk
> /f" command, let it reboot and perform a chkdsk and then it boots up but
> without the update installed. I've also tried running the "SFC /SCANNOW"
> command from the command prompt and that runs and returns an error "Windows
> resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them".
> Needless to say, I'm not installing the update as I've tried several times
> with the same results. Any ideas or work a rounds out there? I understand
> this is a pretty significant update and possible one or two updates away from
> Vista SP1.

Scarlet

"JT" wrote:

> I'm crashing (blue screen dump) during Windows Vista Business Update # 941600…
> Running Windows Vista Business, all current updates installed. P4-3.0 GHz.
> W/HT, Intel 945 chipset/board, 2 GB ram, SATA drive, ATI graphics. I've had
> this running and stable for 6-8 months now. Originally installed a fresh copy
> of Vista Biz and aside from the occasional Vista bug here and there, it's
> been pretty stable...up until now. I can't imagine I'm the only one having
> this same problem. When I install update #941600, my pc re-boots as it's
> suppose to, when booting-up and during "configuring updates", I get a blue
> screen dumb and in a matter or 1-2 seconds, it reboots on its own and will
> continue to cycle unless I intervene. It happens so fast that I can't even
> read the error message. I've tried re-booting and selecting "last know good
> config" and "safe mode" and still the same problem. The only way I can get
> around this is to boot-up in "safe mode with command prompt", run a "chkdsk
> /f" command, let it reboot and perform a chkdsk and then it boots up but
> without the update installed. I've also tried running the "SFC /SCANNOW"
> command from the command prompt and that runs and returns an error "Windows
> resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them".
> Needless to say, I'm not installing the update as I've tried several times
> with the same results. Any ideas or work a rounds out there? I understand
> this is a pretty significant update and possible one or two updates away from
> Vista SP1.

Scarlet

RE: Update 941600 causes a serious crash (blue screen dump)...
I am going to try your suggestion JT. I am having the same problem but I run
Windows Home premium.

Regards,
Scarlet